PDA

View Full Version : L'ville Street Fare

Uncle Ben
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Anybody headed to the first of the season Louisville Street Faire tonight? Band will be that beloved old has been band Poco. If it's not pouring rain I plan on sucking sown some Boulder Beer on tap and musing at the aging Baby Boomers trying to show they still know how to groove..... oh wait.... :rolleyes:

CardinalFJ60
06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
we got the babysitter and will be there if it doesn't rain. I'll be the short, balding-going-gray guy with the "ReadyTalk" golf shirt on. if it does rain, we'll prolly hit the Empire or WaterLoo. :cheers:

don't laugh at my dancing...I can do the white-man's overbite into the 'sprinkler' better than anyone.

Uncle Ben
06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
we got the babysitter and will be there if it doesn't rain. I'll be the short, balding-going-gray guy with the "ReadyTalk" golf shirt on. if it does rain, we'll prolly hit the Empire or WaterLoo. :cheers:

don't laugh at my dancing...I can do the white-man's overbite into the 'sprinkler' better than anyone.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::bowdown::homer:

jacdaw
06-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Hate to miss Poco but moving is my priority today. If it were Firefall I'd make an exception.

nuclearlemon
06-11-2010, 04:43 PM
it's pouring rain here. and hailing and tornado sirens are going off.

nakman
06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I bet this rain blows over quick and it's a gorgeous evening, I may just run down there.. I'll call you guys if so.

Uncle Ben
06-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I bet this rain blows over quick and it's a gorgeous evening, I may just run down there.. I'll call you guys if so.

Went for a while.....band actually sounded pretty good. Pretty good crowd considering the rain. Live music and keg beer seem to go together no mater what the weather is!

jacdaw
06-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Did Richey Furay play with them?

Uncle Ben
06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Did Richey Furay play with them?

Not sure who he is but Googling the name produced his pictures. The lead of the band tonight could have been that guy. He played a couple songs on his guitar with a slide like it was a steel. Very talented artist.

simps80
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Not sure who he is ....snip... Very talented artist.

forget poco, 2 words: buffalo springfield

i went to high school with his 2 daughters...that makes me cool right?

he's the pastor of Calvary Chapel Broomfield now

CardinalFJ60
07-29-2010, 11:04 AM
anyone planning on going this week?

Caribou Sandstorm
07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Sounds like fun!

Uncle Ben
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Probably! We'll be on the north side of the Library if we're there. Buy you a beer if I see ya!

CardinalFJ60
07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I'll be there with the Fam. and look for ya'.

jacdaw
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
We're off to see Tut in the Morning, so if we're not wiped out by the big crowds there, we will wade in to the deep end in L'ville that afternoon after the dog park. Maybe try to grab dinner at the new Italian place?

Uncle Ben
07-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Just leaving tje faire now....lotta people but I was the only rs'er I seen. ;)

jacdaw
07-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Just leaving tje faire now....lotta people but I was the only rs'er I seen. ;)

We are still here. Dinner on the sidewalk patio at Waterloo. God bless Johnny Cash.

Rezarf
07-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Stacy and I and some neighbors are biking down next friday night if anyone wants to meet up.

Drew

CardinalFJ60
07-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I was hanging mostly by the jumpy castle area, but did get a chance to grab a beer and listen to the music. I used to see "leftover" from time to time ;) so that was cool.

I'm now officially aging in dog-years; it's tough to spot me if you haven't seen me in a while.

we try to head down at least for a little bit every week, we'll keep this thread alive.

"god bless johnny cash", the potato burger and BBQ, OH and gelato!

Uncle Ben
08-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Last Louisville Street Faire of the season tonight! Subdudes is the band. Anybody wanna suck down a couple Boulder Beers and laugh at the crowd with me?

ocr14a
08-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm tryin to talk the clan into going down there.
Folks in town from TX...Dad grew up in Boulder....some other family in Louisville....we'll see.

I'll try to call out for Rising Sun folks on channel 7 if we get in the area.

Uncle Ben
08-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm tryin to talk the clan into going down there.
Folks in town from TX...Dad grew up in Boulder....some other family in Louisville....we'll see.

I'll try to call out for Rising Sun folks on channel 7 if we get in the area.

We are always in the parking lot north of the Library. I'll throw on a Rising Sun or Cruise Moab shirt.... mmmmmmm Flashback Ale on tap.......:drink: :thumb::thumb::D

Uncle Ben
08-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Great finale, huge crowd. Cant believe summer is almost gone! :(

ocr14a
08-14-2010, 01:38 AM
We got there about 8:00....walked around, ate soe food, bought a few things, and then I had some Gelato at that one little place on the Main street just a block off from the event street....Mango....yum!

I lit up Sandi's undies as we drove back through on our way home, but didn't notice anyone else.....though I did see a Black Cherry FJC near the Library.

Good time....we will definitely be back there next year now that I've seen what it's like.

Thanks for the ping here to remind us.

Jacket
08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
We couldn't motivate last night. Last time we saw the subdudes a few years back in Pagosa, they had the amps turned up way too loud and the sound was awful for the size of the venue. Hope they did a better job last night.

School starts back on Tuesday - kinda feels like summer is ending quickly...:(

Uncle Ben
08-14-2010, 09:46 AM
We couldn't motivate last night. Last time we saw the subdudes a few years back in Pagosa, they had the amps turned up way too loud and the sound was awful for the size of the venue. Hope they did a better job last night.

School starts back on Tuesday - kinda feels like summer is ending quickly...:(

Opposite last night....maybe it was because of the big crowd but where we sat (usual spot) the mid range was non existent. It could have also been in part that Lafayette High Schools 30th class reunion was going on just behind us. Lot of the crowd was dancing so it must have sounded pretty good up in the vertical "straw dispenser" area.