PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Alaska

Nemo
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
:D

Heading out early Thursday morning and I have all my "to do" items checked off with the exception of the PHH, On Board Shower, and Replacing the Coolant.

I have been waiting for this along time. Actually longer than I have been into Cruisers so now I get the best of both worlds.

I realize this is Chat :o but I had to share again.

I will update with Photos once I get some good pics. :blah::blah::blah:

hyperboarder
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Serious TTIWWOP. Also TTIWWOmoredetails.

corsair23
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Very :cool:

Have a GREAT, and safe time!!

Big John
06-13-2010, 07:40 AM
A guy I work with took a month off and is doing Alaska on a motorcycle. Last I checked on his SPOT tracker page, he was right outside Glenallen. Spot is a great thing to have on a trip like this.

Jacket
06-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Looking forward to the pictures! Have a great trip.

RockRunner
06-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Enjoy your trip and take lots of pics. Be safe and smart!

Can't wait for the pics...............

coax
06-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Yep I too look forward to pics, though today in CO is kinda reminiscent of Alaska....

baileyfj40
06-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Done that drive two times, enjoyed both of them GREATLY. Have a blast!

TIMZTOY
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Ubber jellious. I wish I could do a trip like this. I've always wanted to go/move to Alaska. Looking foward to the pics.

DaveInDenver
06-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I've always wanted to go/move to Alaska.
Alaska or maybe Montana was more or less the destination when we left St. Louis. Ran out of money, so Denver was as far as we got. That was almost 14 years ago now and still haven't made it. Count me as jealous, too!

bigbluefj
06-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Well depending on your route if your out my way stop by for a hot shower and a good nights rest if you have time.. Which way are you coming??? any extra room????

Kevin

bh4rnnr
06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Alaska or maybe Montana was more or less the destination when we left St. Louis. Ran out of money, so Denver was as far as we got. That was almost 14 years ago now and still haven't made it. Count me as jealous, too!

Join us for this years Outlaws Run and you can explore a little of Montana;).

Looking forward to the pics/report. Have a great time!

DaveInDenver
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Join us for this years Outlaws Run and you can explore a little of Montana;).

Looking forward to the pics/report. Have a great time!
We've been to Montana and Idaho, at least through them. I got to Oregon once to visit a pal. Guess it's better to say our clothes and tools have never made it farther than Denver. :-) No can do the Outlaws, unless you have a job opening.

Nemo
06-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Well depending on your route if your out my way stop by for a hot shower and a good nights rest if you have time.. Which way are you coming??? any extra room????

Kevin

I really appreciate that. I am heading up via Tetons, Yellowstone, and Glacier then back to the right route via Calgary and Edmonton. Not sure if your in that pathway but always appreciated. I am not sure about room yet. I would on my way up and beyond but I pick up the GF in Anchorage and then it gets tight. PM me your number and location and let's see if I can stop by for a break.

John

Nemo
06-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Well, the PHH was done Sunday evening or should I say Monday morning all said and done. On board shower is in et cetera.

That Pesky part of the Heater Hose needs to be changed to something more offensive. I have ton's of names for it but Pesky it is not. I ignore Pesky on a daily basis. If that was Pesky I would be in jail for manslaughter :lmao:

corsair23
06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
That Pesky part of the Heater Hose needs to be changed to something more offensive. I have ton's of names for it but Pesky it is not. I ignore Pesky on a daily basis. If that was Pesky I would be in jail for manslaughter

:lmao: - All part of the rite of passage to owning an 80

I've done two of them and hope to never have to do one again. It really is easier with the starter out of the way but there just isn't enough room...Whoever came up with that idea should be thumped hard :rant:

nakman
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Can't wait to see/hear all the stories, John, have a great trip! :cheers:

rover67
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I did the trek in 2000 from Memphis, had a blast!

Jealous that you are doing it! I wish I could do it again :)

Have fun and take lots of pictures!!!

bigbluefj
06-20-2010, 03:40 AM
John, did you leave yet any room to bring a few things out my way???

Kevin

Rogue Leader
06-20-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm living in Denali State Park for the summer, wherabuts you headed?

Nemo
06-23-2010, 02:59 AM
I made it to Tok in one piece but I am thinking I have bad gas. The other kind, cause the 80 is running good at idle but when pulling a load it is having a hiccup periodically. No signs of trouble yet and I feel confident I could turn around and do the 3300 miles back but am monitoring it closely.

The trip is phenomenal and words can't describe it. Especially the last 6-700 miles on the Alaskan Highway. It is a mess you can't describe but beautiful non the less. I will get pictures up soon of my travels here but my HD video is causing me problems loading it up on FaceBook. Bummer. I am learning how to convert HD back down to get it up. If that is my biggest challenge then I am blessed. Thanks for all the well wishes and plan to be bored of my photos when I finally get them coming. :beer: