PDA

View Full Version : Ladies in 80's Run - Saturday, August 28

nakman
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
guys, the preliminary date votes are in, with a strong preference for "late in August," so if you didn't get back to me don't sweat it, thanks for your early participation! Hopefully this date works for most of you..

So time to get excited about something completely different, as I'm happy to announce and lead the first ever..

:Princess: :Princess: :Princess: Ladies in 80's Run :Princess: :Princess: :Princess:

This run is open to Rising Sun members and non-Rising Sun members, but this run is NOT open to everyone. As you can infer from the run title, there are two rules:

1. This run is only open to 80 series Toyota Land Cruisers.
2. The driver your 80 series must be female.

Here are the rest of the details…

Saturday, August 28th. Meet in Rollinsville at 8:30 am, we will leave promptly at 9:00.
Rollinsville is a few miles south of Nederland, or few miles north of Central City on the Peak to Peak highway... it takes about an hour to get there from pretty much everywhere, so please plan your morning accordingly.

We will be traveling up Mammoth Gulch to Kingston Peak, in the midst of which we will stop for a relaxing brunch. It is here that the area’s most tricked out 80 series Land Cruisers will be able to demonstrate their on board latte machines, crepe pans, waffle irons, and ramekin cooking apparatuses. Bring stuff that kids will like, there will be lots of them.

Let’s review the rules again:

1. This run is only open to 80 series Toyota Land Cruisers. No 4Runners, no Tacos, no other body style of Land Cruiser, absolutely no jeeps. No exceptions.

2. The driver your 80 series must be female. Plan on a trailhead inspection. :hill:

** If you want to go but don’t qualify, then you either need to get yourself an 80, get a date, or find a ride with someone who already qualifies... so post up! **

More info: After we crest Kingston Peak, we’ll drop down in to the town of Alice, then head down Fall River Rd. to Idaho Springs for a picnic in the park. The park is across the street from Safeway.. and you should be back in town by 2:00, or stay in the hills longer if you want.

A stock 80 with running boards removed should have no problem with this trail, J springs and L shocks are completely optional. Do make sure you’ve got those front & rear tie-down loops installed, just in case. This is going to be a fun run, the :Princess: and I are very much looking forward to seeing all the 80's and ladies together on the trail. :thumb:

FJBRADY
06-15-2010, 11:35 AM
"Ladies in 80's" very nice idea. Have fun!

No 80 I'm out :ranger:

timmbuck2
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Why just 80's? Ladies in 'yotas would have been cool.....

Amber is a definite Maybe, with her 80...

nakman
06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Why just 80's? ...

Well, for one it rhymes... that, and we are long overdue for an 80-only run. Hope you guys can make it! bring the boys.. :thumb:

Jacket
06-15-2010, 11:56 AM
It's on our Google Calendar, which makes it official. Running boards are already off, but I still have the stock Michelin's to contend with....

Caribou Sandstorm
06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Super cool

Hulk
06-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Karie is interested. :) I bet the kids will love to see Mommy four wheelin'.

Hulk
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Wow, meet at 8:00 a.m. in Rollinsville. Is there an inexpensive hotel that we can stay in near there? Otherwise, we'll probably have to get up at 5:30 a.m. (so we can leave by 6:30) to make an 8:00 a.m. meeting time.

corsair23
06-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow, meet at 8:00 a.m. in Rollinsville. Is there an inexpensive hotel that we can stay in near there? Otherwise, we'll probably have to get up at 5:30 a.m. (so we can leave by 6:30) to make an 8:00 a.m. meeting time.

I'm thinking the closest place with a hotel would be Central City/Blackhawk...I've never stayed up there so I don't know if any of the hotels up there are considered inexpensive :confused:

nakman
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Don't sweat it Matt- sure you can meet as early as 08:00, but we wouldn't actually leave until 8:30.. which could be closer to 9:00 by the time everyone's ready.

OTOH, you could all crash at Terry's house... or just camp up there and we'll pick you up on our way by! :camping:

Uncle Ben
06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome plan Nakster! I'll run it by the :Princess::Princess::Princess: tonight and see that manifests.... :eek:

Babo
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll clear the calendar! Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea Nakman! :cool:

I'll need to see about adding one of the preferred devices before the run though as I don't have an onboard latte machine, crepe pan, waffle iron, or ramekin cooking apparatus. But, I do have a Martini shaker with all of the proper fixin's though for the post run party !

Dave wanted me to ask if 2-40's = 80 to qualify for this run? :cheers: I told him I didn't think that brand of math would work this time!

Do the pink panty LX's qualify to go too? :lmao:

rover67
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Sounds like fun!

Romer
06-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Sarah will be back at school and she owns an 80. Maybe she will drive down for this

nattybumppo
06-20-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm scheduling my trip to Trinidad as we speak! Anybody have any suggestions for any optional items beyond the obvious I should have them take care of while I'm there? And I might as well find an old 80 too!

bvb
06-20-2010, 02:10 PM
X 2 on the LX? Don't want to start something :Princess: without knowing if a LX 450 = a fu-fu 80

treerootCO
06-20-2010, 02:54 PM
It says FZJ80 on the door tag so I say it counts.

nakman
06-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Despite their obvious lack of micholder slots in the center console, yes LX450's definitely count, bring them on!!... and for some of you there's still lots of time to pick up an 80, or pick up a date!!

Loki
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Hmm... already have an 80, now I just need a lady...

rockcrawlincandi
06-20-2010, 07:17 PM
:( Somebody buy me a damn 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D (seriously)
This sounds like a good time. Hopefully I can go.

:Princess: rule!!

Dr. Schlegs
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Looks like I will have to go on Craigslist again for a date.:o

Babo
06-27-2010, 11:18 AM
:( Somebody buy me a damn 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D (seriously)
This sounds like a good time. Hopefully I can go.

:Princess: rule!!

Cindi,

You :Princess: and Tim are welcome to ride with Dave and I if you'd like.

Idelle :Princess:

timmbuck2
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Amber and the girls plan on attending

Groucho
08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
We will be there with bells on.

Inukshuk
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm working on getting drivers, but getting some push back from my ladies on the early departure time. :( Any reason not to meet at 10AM? Or perhaps at 9 in Boulder or Golden at a coffee shop?

And Tim, for the sake of those of us bringing a date (or several), as we are trying to get them to enjoy this as opposed to those of you with wives who have resigned themselves to accepting they are stuck with you, lets crank up the fun, scenery, food and silliness, lets use names on the HAM, and downplay the talk of gears, which motor oil is best (other lube talk ok), and the next mod (again, unless its to them and involves silicone).

Good topics: saving the planet, who has the biggest snorkel, how far you can jump an 80, electric fridges, latte machines, etc.

All in good fun! :cheers:

CardinalFJ60
08-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm working on getting drivers, but getting some push back from my ladies on the early departure time. :( Any reason not to meet at 10AM? Or perhaps at 9 in Boulder or Golden at a coffee shop?

And Tim, for the sake of those of us bringing a date (or several), as we are trying to get them to enjoy this as opposed to those of you with wives who have resigned themselves to accepting they are stuck with you, lets crank up the fun, scenery, food and silliness, lets use names on the HAM, and downplay the talk of gears, which motor oil is best (other lube talk ok), and the next mod (again, unless its to them and involves silicone).

Good topics: saving the planet, who has the biggest snorkel, how far you can jump an 80, electric fridges, latte machines, etc.

All in good fun! :cheers:

HAH!! good stuff...you could even make it a strategic future mod trip...Reminds me of a conversation I had with Wes in Moab...

Wes says, "As we were towing the camper up the passes at about 35-40mph, my wife asked if this is really as fast as we could go...followed shortly thereafter by asking how much that expensive "super"-thingie costs to make us go faster"

:thumb:

nakman
08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm working on getting drivers, but getting some push back from my ladies on the early departure time. :( ...

The way I see it you're setting the alarm either way. Sure we can push it back to leaving Rollinsville at 09:00 but I don't want it to get any later than that, this is a morning run, not an all day run, which speaks to your appeal above, right? Plus the meal is a brunch, not a lunch. :D

nakman
08-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh my I can't believe it's this week already... remember we MEET in Rollinsville at 8:30. we LEAVE Rollinsville at 9:00. If you live in Highlands Ranch, or Arvada, or Englewood, or Broomfield, you need to be out of the house by 7:30 at the latest. Go get gas and grocery shop the night before..

See you Saturday! :woot:

nakman
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
And remember, this run includes a potluck brunch! which means you'll be bringing food/drink to share.. :) see ya Saturday morning.

simps80
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I am way bummed...

I am stuck on pager duty this week can't get coverage :mad: :mad:

so I hope you all have tons of fun

look forward to the post trip reports and pictures....

Uncle Ben
08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Rumor has it that we'll be there....not my choice I'm just riding along...;)

pmccumber
08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
And remember, this run includes a potluck brunch! which means you'll be bringing food/drink to share.

<SEXIST COMMENT>Ok, now I know why we're bringing the wives!</SEXIST COMMENT>

Inukshuk
08-27-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm out. My ladies prefer to ride and let me drive.

powderpig
08-27-2010, 12:46 PM
All you men guys need to check you lower knuckle stud nuts:D (do not end up dangling on the trail)to make sure the :Princess: do not end up like Dr. a couple of weeks ago.

At this time we are a maybe:cheers:

Looks to be a stellar day weather wise.

Old40Dog
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
All you men guys need to check you lower knuckle stud nuts:D (do not end up dangling on the trail)to make sure the :Princess: do not end up like Dr. a couple of weeks ago.

At this time we are a maybe:cheers:

Looks to be a stellar day weather wise.

Yep Sir! :bowdown: Done! Checked the "lower knuckle stud nuts" out the very next weekend before Triple By Pass for that very reason. Idelle said she did't want to find any nuts dangling from the 80 either above the trail or laying on the ground for that matter. :lmao: So, good to go! See ya'll in the AM. We're now out! Have fun gals & guys! See ya in Ouray! :thumb:

Dr. Schlegs
08-27-2010, 07:21 PM

:lmao:Yes, let me be a shining example of what not to do.:lmao:

nakman
08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Looking like the pace may be a little quicker tomorrow, Mike, Daniel, Dave sorry you guys can't make it. The rest of you, hope you're hungry I just made 3 pounds of sausage gravy... :drool: