PDA

View Full Version : Trail Maintenance - Crested Butte

ttubb
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Martin, I don't know if you can count this towards our hours, but I was with a group of locals on 6/5 at Cement Creek and Reno Divide road in Crested Butte. We took chain saws and equipment and worked most of the day clearing downed trees (one medium and one VERY large). Could you count this as trail maintenance for Rising Sun? I did have on my RS tee shirt! We worked about six hours on the trail. Hope this helps. Thanks, Terry

PS - Attached are some photos. We even made the local paper!

We also rescued some young men who had the misfortune of sliding off a snow bank.

nuclearlemon
06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
any hours on any trail in the state count. also, anyone working counts, so all the people with you can be counted also. let me know how many there were and how long you were out and i can pass the info on to the state assoc. they turn a report in at the end of the year.:cheers::thumb:

ttubb
06-18-2010, 06:17 PM
any hours on any trail in the state count. also, anyone working counts, so all the people with you can be counted also. let me know how many there were and how long you were out and i can pass the info on to the state assoc. they turn a report in at the end of the year.:cheers::thumb:

Looks like we had twelve folks, counting the two taking the photos. We were working about six hours total. Note the tree stumps sticking up behind and to the left of the group.

Glad this will help our status with the state. :thumb: Terry

corsair23
06-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet :thumb:

TIMZTOY
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM
sweet... thanks for the hard work

MDH33
06-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Awesome! If you find out which National Forest District you were on, contact them and see if they have a volunteer form that you can document your hours. Even if it doesn't get logged, your hard work is appreciated. :thumb:

nuclearlemon
06-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Got ahold of adam mehlberg and hes adding your meainenace to his roster

ttubb
06-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Got ahold of adam mehlberg and hes adding your meainenace to his roster

Thanks, Ige. Do I still need to fill out the form for the local Forest Service?