PDA

View Full Version : '95-'97 80 Series Fender Flare Needed

Crash
06-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Christo, don't read this post!!!!
Yep, Deadman Creek is too narrow for full-sized trucks these days, I'm afraid. Couldn't avoid all of the deadfall in the trail and a piece took out the body mounted fender flare on the passenger side. Flare is fine, as is the body, but the three tabs molded into the flare that hold it to the body all snapped off. Oh snap! Anyone have a clean used or new flare in your stash you could stand to part with? Extra points for it being 40th Anniversary Sage in color, UB. :hill: Must be for the years in the title.
Thanks.

sleeoffroad
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
What did I tell you? Young kids from today just does not listen.

PS, we have a carcass at work that might have one. Did not even look. Might also have some of those speakers you were looking for.

Crash
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
What did I tell you? Young kids from today just does not listen.

PS, we have a carcass at work that might have one. Did not even look. Might also have some of those speakers you were looking for.

Thanks for the compliment and I'll stop by tomorrow to check out the carcass. Note to self, I better buff out the pinstripping on the body first. Those little tabs are not up to spec for wheeling as it wasn't much of a hit that cleaned them right off the flares.

corsair23
06-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Those little tabs are not up to spec for wheeling as it wasn't much of a hit that cleaned them right off the flares.

I've always been told the flares are just the 80 series version of "curb feelers" :hill:

They're just there to let you know that you are about to do some serious, and expensive, damage and to back off :D

Crash
06-22-2010, 08:44 AM
I've always been told the flares are just the 80 series version of "curb feelers" :hill:

They're just there to let you know that you are about to do some serious, and expensive, damage and to back off :D

At least real curb feelers were good for more than one use which the flares aren't. Jeff, are you old enough to have ever seen real curb feelers installed on a car? I don't think so. ;) I remember then on my Grandfathers '56 Buick Roadmaster and they were needed in the little Illinois town he lived in. The curbs downtown were over a foot tall.