PDA

View Full Version : Yoder Gulch Closed

farnhamstj
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I was out prerunning the Camp Hale trip. At the entrance to Yoder Gulch is a Closed to Motor Vehicles sign. It looked new, like yesterday new. I went to the top were it meets 705 no closure from that end. I'm putting a call into the White River National Forest station tomorrow to see what's up. I've been up that countless times over the years.:rant: sad to see it go.

JadeRunner
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
That's too bad! I never got to drive it. Shame on me for not running it sooner.

Old40Dog
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I was out prerunning the Camp Hale trip. At the entrance to Yoder Gulch is a Closed to Motor Vehicles sign. It looked new, like yesterday new. I went to the top were it meets 705 no closure from that end. I'm putting a call into the White River National Forest station tomorrow to see what's up. I've been up that countless times over the years.:rant: sad to see it go.

That's too bad! I never got to drive it. Shame on me for not running it sooner.

Scott,

Perhaps you should make the call tomorrow !!!! Something about family heritage being preserved for future generations or ...... this is Mr. Yoder and I would like to know who authorized the closure of the Yoder Gulch Rd.......or whatever else you can come up with.....

Dave

JadeRunner
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I just talked to Brenda at the Eagle\Holy Cross ranger district. 970-827-5715. She said it was a user created trail and never on the official maps. And that they finally got to getting closed signs on it late last year. It's a permanent closure. Being Scott Yoder isn't going to get it re-opened but she was nice and said she would call me back after checking out whether or not it will be retained as Yoder trail or something. She said they are currently trying to get their new map finished up. She said Holy Cross and numerous other trails near Yoder Gulch will remain opened.

We talked for a bit. She said the Bighorn Jeep club is getting a monetary donation for trail work from BFG tomorrow and will be up with them to work on the Holy Cross trail. She asked if we were interested in helping on trail work because they have a lot of projects. I told her we had several other adopt a trails but that I would pass that along.

Say goodbye to Yoder Gulch.

rover67
06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for calling them up Scott, nice clarification.

treerootCO
06-25-2010, 03:46 PM
It is not a very effective 'closure' if you can get to the back of a locked gate. You want to piss people off, blocking one side of road is a great way to go.

farnhamstj
06-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I too called today. I got a much less friendly response. I was told that the trail had been closed for 3 years and due to vandalism of the sign the closure was not respected. This trail has a write up on Trail damage. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=238

I sent tg an email, letting them know of the status.

The closure is a carsonite post. Being the respectfull motorcyle rider I am. I did not go around the sign. I went to the other end of the trail to see if it was closed from that side. Then ran out of gas and had to go home.

84cruzer
06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Thats a shame, looks like a fun trail:(

Old40Dog
06-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for calling and trying Scott. Too bad it's closed permanently. :bawl: