PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Nitrogen Shock Refill Kit?

Air Randy
06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I need to add nitrogen to the rear shocks on Meanie. Does anyone have a high pressure N2 refill kit with the shock fill adaptor? If you want to sell the kit let me know, or if you can fill these shocks for me for a orice, let me know.

Uncle Ben
06-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Randy, I can fill it for you but I will keep my N2 set up thank you. I pieced mine together (Thank you Beater) but the kit that Pig (Poly Performance) sells is quite nice. Will Meanie be at the July meeting? If so I can fill you up there.

Air Randy
06-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Randy, I can fill it for you but I will keep my N2 set up thank you. I pieced mine together (Thank you Beater) but the kit that Pig (Poly Performance) sells is quite nice. Will Meanie be at the July meeting? If so I can fill you up there.

Unfortunately no, as usual I am traveling Tue-Thur. Good to know you have a setup though, I'll arrange to meet up some time if I can't track down another source. Thanks!

Uncle Ben
06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately no, as usual I am traveling Tue-Thur. Good to know you have a setup though, I'll arrange to meet up some time if I can't track down another source. Thanks!

Guess we just need to go wheelin' in the same place and you can fill 'em up! I have a 20# bottle so it's no problem. Is yopu shock fittings the Schrader type and you just need the high pressure extension?

Air Randy
06-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Yep, looks just like a tire valve on the top side of the shock.

J Kimmel
06-28-2010, 04:19 PM
I've got one too Randy, you need to have your shocks extended to fill them. You're welcome to come by and grab it or we can meet down south one afternoon. I can plan ahead and work that way.

Air Randy
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
No big rush since I have the front axle disassembled currently :rolleyes: I fixed the water temp gauge yesterday and while test driving it around the block I could hear a distinct rumbling sound. When I got back I grabbed the drivers side front hub and it was cold, I grabbed the passenger side and it almost burned my hand. I took the passenger side apart today and the wheel bearing fell out, literally, in about 100 pieces. Both the inner and outer were totally dry. The races were seized on the spindle and I had to beat them off. The new bearings didn't slide on the spindle smoothly and would have taken some pounding to get them seated so I went ahead and ordered a new spindle, spindle needle bearings for both sides, axle slingers and seals, etc.

If you're ever going to be out on this side of town plan on stopping by so you can see the rig and we can fill the shocks. I accidentally let the pressure out of them weekend before last (I didn't know they were THAT high pressure) so I picked the back of the rig up off the ground with the front loader on the tractor so they're both fully extended and used my 150 psi air compressor to refill them. That worked so we could wheel it last weekend but I want to get the air out and replace it with N2.

Steve
06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Randy,
A short drive east and you can borrow mine! Get Meanie back together and drive it out here. We'll lift up the suspension with the engine hoist and fill the shocks.
Steve
720-308-7642

JadeRunner
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
This place would charge my Sway A Ways with Nitro for a small fee when I used to run them. His shop is in Englewood off of SanteFe.
http://www.23deluxe.com/

AddictedOffroad
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Anyone in the Fort Collins/Greeley area do it too? Eventually I am just going to buy a charge setup, but I need to tear down my new coilovers to add the triple rate setup to them and will need to recharge them as soon as I am done. I have the oil on its way too.

J Kimmel
06-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Anyone in the Fort Collins/Greeley area do it too? Eventually I am just going to buy a charge setup, but I need to tear down my new coilovers to add the triple rate setup to them and will need to recharge them as soon as I am done. I have the oil on its way too.

let me know when you're close, I can work a day up that way and bring mine up if you want.

Randy I would run over to Steve's house if I were you :)

AddictedOffroad
06-30-2010, 06:20 AM
I would really appreciate it.

I really just need to add the triple rate setup to mine. I decharged them last night, and plan on just pulling the reservoir hose to add them today. So, I can pretty much do it any day from here on out. I was going to check the valving, but honestly just want the damn things on the road.

J Kimmel
06-30-2010, 06:35 AM
sounds good, Monday is actually a good day for me to work in Greeley, will that work? I'd say Friday, but I told my wife I would take the afternoon and hang :)

AddictedOffroad
06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
sounds good, Monday is actually a good day for me to work in Greeley, will that work? I'd say Friday, but I told my wife I would take the afternoon and hang :)

Perfect! Again, I really appreciate it.

My rig might actually be on the road on Monday then. :thumb: