PDA

View Full Version : Project 2 - interior paint

subzali
05-11-2006, 08:45 AM
So yesterday I took a look at the fiberglass and got scared off so I decided to tackle the thing that's been bugging me the most - the interior paint. Some of you know about the textured gray/black stuff that was all over the dash, windshield and interior (and some primer mixed in as well). Well it took a while but here's what I ended up with, I'm happy with it for not tearing down the whole thing, sandblasting, masking, etc.

subzali
05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't have any before pics, it was just kinda gross...but I can show you kinda what it looked like before because there's still some of it elsewhere on the truck...

But these last two show the controls and also the kickvents that I painted to remove some of the last remnants of purple...sorry Ige :o :hill:

subzali
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Also took apart the odometer last night to try and see why it stopped turning over...turns out the little gears between the numbers have a bunch of chipped teeth :( . So I don't know if there are metal ones available or new plastic ones, but I decided to put about 1200 miles on the odometer to kinda catch it up with how much I've been driving.

Then today I went ahead and painted my side panels for the hardtop. These are the last big pieces I have to paint except for the fiberglass piece, and that needs some repair first, again :( . But my dad knows a lot about fiberglass and has resources at his work, so hopefully the hardest part will be figuring out how to fix the nuts that hold the side panels to the fiberglass...there might be more on that later ;) . Anyway here's a pic with the painted side panel and behind it on the ground the other one, which is what it started with. Going from black to white :thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Nice improvement! Looks a lot better, good job! :thumb: