PDA

View Full Version : F Engine

RicardoJM
07-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm putting my old F engine up for sale, $250 OBO. This engine is good and runs well. The compression numbers are 131, 119, 124, 120, 121 and 131 from cylinders 1 to 6. The engine will come with the following; thermostat housing, fuel pump, intake and exhaust manifold, remote oil filter housing, flywheel, bell housing, clutch cover, TO bearing retainer, clutch fork, dipstick, worn out clutch. I had installed power steering, so the engine also has a two row harmonic balancer pulley and the 2F alternator mounting bracket. I'll toss in the one row harmonic balancer pulley and 1F alternator bracket as the new owner may not want power steering.

Having completed the swap to a 4 speed and F.5 engine, I don't have a need for this engine and would like to get my garage bay back for parking. :D

Dr. Schlegs
07-20-2010, 09:45 AM
What type of Power Steering set up does it have? I'm assuming that it is Toyota, but just want to be sure.

RicardoJM
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
What type of Power Steering set up does it have? I'm assuming that it is Toyota, but just want to be sure.

The harmonic balancer and alternator bracket are not power steering set up specific. That is to say in the typical power steering installation (mini-truck or saginaw) on an F engine, the harmonic balancer pulley needs to be upgraded to 2 (or 3) rows from the 1 row and the alternator needs to move to the passenger side to make room for the power steering pump.