PDA

View Full Version : Bucket List

Dr. Schlegs
07-20-2010, 09:29 AM
If any of you have every watched the movie "The Bucket List" you know the plot. Those of you that have not had the chance to watch this movie the main thrust of the movie was completing activities before one "Kicks the Bucket". (excellent movie :thumb:)

I have a bucket list and on that bucket list is to go White Water Rafting a Class IV. Further I wish to learn how to fly-fish. If anyone is interested in either one of these activities let me know, we can set up a time to live life.:)

What is on your bucket list? Maybe it's on someone else's Bucket List.

RockRunner
07-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I can teach you how to fly fish. You may not catch anything but I can teach you ;)

No really I can teach you and the river is 5 minutes awau from the house. If you are ever interested LMK.

WW rafting is easy, just post up when and where and you may get some friends to go. Class IV is hard to find now that the flow is lower but in the spring early summer there is plenty. One of my employees has his own raft and goes out often.

Get a group and do it already!!:thumb:

Red_Chili
07-20-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm down with fly fishing. Like I need another hobby. LOL

Caribou hunt in AK. Guided trophy elk hunt. Hunt in Africa.

Building a healthy and long lived marriage.

Seeing my grandkids grow up.

Gimme a minit I'll think of more...

gahi
07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
If you want to step up to a class V run, Gore Canyon on the Colorado should be running soon. I used to race through there its pretty awesome. Not sure how may companies are running commercial trips though. And there may be an experience level requirement. We had some good carnage in there. wraps/flips/swimmers.

Mendocino
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
...Caribou hunt in AK. Guided trophy elk hunt. Hunt in Africa....

I was fortunate enough to do those as well as a moose hunt in Alaska. I highly recommend them.

Next up on the list is Brownie hunting in Kamchatka, Russia and Tar hunting in New Zealand.:thumb:

60wag
07-20-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd settle for a job that is interesting. rewarding, and occasionally fun.

TIMZTOY
07-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Build a Shelby 427 cobra kit car.
Own land in the mountains.
Build a good size log cabin on such land.
Build my own kit Airplane
Learn to fly
Base jump angle falls
Paraglide

Dr. Schlegs
07-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Build a Shelby 427 cobra kit car.
Own land in the mountains.
Build a good size log cabin on such land.
Build my own kit Airplane
Learn to fly
Base jump angle falls
Paraglide

I want to build a 427 kit car too. At one point in time I was thinking about flying lessons, but it involved a lot of math. Model (scale) airplane? I'm not ready to die to I will leave the base-jumping for my 80's :lmao:

Lars
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
It's funny looking at some of the list. I do have a pilots license, I've traveled to some pretty cool places. I have the property in the mountains. The thing that would be on my list is to marry and have kids

wesintl
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
all that S**T is over rated, flying, kids, etc. I'm just hoping to see a double rainbow. :lmao:

rover67
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
all that S**T is over rated, flying, kids, etc. I'm just hoping to see a double rainbow. :lmao:

:lmao:

FJBRADY
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM

:lmao: Tranny Frank strikes again....

satchel
07-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Funny that you say that. Coming back from the airport today there was a huge double rainbow. So much so that I thought I should take a pic of it, and I'm not a picture taking kind of guy. The quality of the picture shows I'm not a picture taking kind of guy, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Hulk
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Kevin, I've done a fair amount of ww rafting in various parts of North America (West Virginia, Colorado, Alberta, Canada). I'll go with you if you organize a trip, if it doesn't interfere with various kid activities.

My bucket list includes:
Bicycling from coast to coast (not racing).
Doing a road trip with my Dad in his 1931 Model A Ford.
Driving to the southern tip of South America in my 80 with my wife and kids.
Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef with my wife and kids.
Riding a train across India.
Living abroad, either soon (while the kids are young) or much later (after the kids have left home).
Learning to build furniture. Having enough land to build a shop.
Writing a novel and having it published.
Buying a Porsche, new, from the dealership.

nicholasandrews
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Mine would be to drive my 80 from the arctic circle in Canada to the southern tip of South America. Preferably on off highway roads.

Kevin, I’d be up to go rafting too. I’ve done the Arkansas that runs under the Royal Gorge before. That was a lot of fun and we became friends with the guide…

TIMZTOY
07-26-2010, 05:13 PM

I too cought a double rainbow the other day by far the brightest rainbow I've ever seen. Quite impressive !!
I'll post a pic when I get home

nattybumppo
07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
It's funny looking at some of the list. I do have a pilots license, I've traveled to some pretty cool places. I have the property in the mountains. The thing that would be on my list is to marry and have kids

Wanna trade my ex-wife and kids for your place in the mountains?

chtucker
07-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Kevin, I've done a fair amount of ww rafting in various parts of North America (West Virginia, Colorado, Alberta, Canada). I'll go with you if you organize a trip, if it doesn't interfere with various kid activities.

My bucket list includes:
Bicycling from coast to coast (not racing).
Doing a road trip with my Dad in his 1931 Model A Ford.
Driving to the southern tip of South America in my 80 with my wife and kids.
Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef with my wife and kids.
Riding a train across India.
Living abroad, either soon (while the kids are young) or much later (after the kids have left home).
Learning to build furniture. Having enough land to build a shop.
Writing a novel and having it published.
Buying a Porsche, new, from the dealership.

Did that one when I was 17... It really was an amazing experience that I talk about like it was yesterday, only it was a "bit" more than that.

Hulk
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Did that one when I was 17... It really was an amazing experience that I talk about like it was yesterday, only it was a "bit" more than that.

Did you go with a group or on your own?

chtucker
07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Did you go with a group or on your own?

Group of 4 of us.. just friends. Other than having kids recently it was probably the "event" that had the biggest impact on my life.

I road from New York City (left from the MoMa) over the GW bridge up through upstate NY to Niagra Falls, around Lake Erie through Canada, across MI,WI,SD,WY,MT,ID,WA into Seattle. Epic pictures, lots of stories.

I dream of the day that my kids might want to do the same

CardinalFJ60
07-27-2010, 10:33 AM
this is fun.

1. long camping/quasi-expedition style Roadtrip in the 60 from here to Alaska or through canada or somewhere like that and back. preferably with the fam.
2. Heli-ski (did the powdercats trip in Steamboat, need to heli ski for sure)
3. travel to the Azores to vacation and research family history
4. exotic destination photography trip (wherever!!)
5. restore a 60's Porsche 356 and DRIVE IT.
6. learn (re-learn) how to play the piano

MDH33
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
As long as I'm not in debt, homeless, insane/senile, or in pain when I kick the bucket, then all will be good. :hill:

Dr. Schlegs
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
As long as I'm not in debt, homeless, insane/senile, or in pain when I kick the bucket, then all will be good. :hill:

Those are some awesome goals Martin . . . but you won't be on your death bed going, "I wish I would have . . ."?

rhyary
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
My Bucket List;
1. Meeting most of you again in Cruiser Moab 2011 :-)