PDA

View Full Version : Saw FJ- 40 for sale

Dr. Schlegs
07-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I was out with the fine folks of the Central Breakfast Club this morning and saw this 40 on the side of a shop (38th and Federal Area). Thought I would post it up if anyone is interested. It is rough!!!, but looks like it might be good for parts. There is one flat tire, the interior appears to be completely gutted other than the drivers seat. The hard top looked good and the front clip looked good as well. The rear end was rusted and bondoed. Frame and driveline seemed to be intact.

RicardoJM
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Cool find, it is very similar to what my FJ40 was like when I first picked it up. Interior bare of everything but a drivers seat and needing a little love. :D

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/Bio/w_fj40.jpg

Looks like a nice project for someone.:thumb:

timmbuck2
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
wow, I remember that cold day very well!

timmbuck2
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
stopped by at lunch to take a look. tub is toast, but if the motor is not bad, would be a great donor truck for my 64...2f, 4 speed, disc brakes. called him and left a message

Dr. Schlegs
07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Ricardo, yours looks like a trailer queen in comparison. :lmao:

nattybumppo
07-24-2010, 06:50 AM
That one used to sit on the street collecting parking tickets regularly. I bet he paid twice the price in fines over the last few years! Good to see he has finally decided to sell it so someone can do something with it.