PDA

View Full Version : Et lux in tenebris lucet, et tenebrae eam nom comprehenderunt,

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Howdy Colorado Cruisers,

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/closed-knuckle-grease-1071760/index3.html#post9842993

If the light hurts, dont ban me or close the thread, when you get used to it, things are much better,
I am the messenger, please do not kill me.

Dr. Schlegs
07-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Howdy Colorado Cruisers,

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/closed-knuckle-grease-1071760/index3.html#post9842993

If the light hurts, dont ban me or close the thread, when you get used to it, things are much better,
I am the messenger, please do not kill me.

Looks like they are tired of you too. That is all I get from it.

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Looks like they are tired of you too. That is all I get from it.

Understandable, when you are in the darkness, you only read and see what you want to,

perhaps you would like to explain to me what lubrication differences are needed between a "Birfield" and a inboard CV joint on a Toyota 4 runners,

I will help there are none,
If I rebuilt a automatic transmission and poured 140w oil into it, it would work,
It would work and move the vehicle if I poured water in it,

Would it last as long??

Nope

There is no difference between these examples than what happens when you use a #2 grease in a component that is designed for a semi fluid grease..

It is a simple as that, as soon as some one in the Toyota circles, that has a background in mechanical engineering , stops and looks at the spindle bushing in the steering knuckle then they will realize the need for a semi fluid grease, and all of this will make sense,

So far I havent found him, he is out there, I have contacted everybody in the Toyota aftermarket, everyone is quite happy pouring 140w in the auto tranny and wondering why is doesnt last as long,

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Mechanic A says this is the correct position for one of the lube grooves in the spindle hub bushing

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/backwoodsgoop/Wally%20Rig/010_WallyRig_CoreComp_2.jpg

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Mechanic B says this is the correct position of lube entry point
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/backwoodsgoop/Wally%20Rig/009_WallyRig_CoreComp_1.jpg

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Is it Mechanic A?
Is it Mechanic B?

Lots of Toyota clowns have told me there is a seal here,

Lots of Toyota clowns have told me that lube flow was entirely impossible thru the Spindle,
Called me a liar, moron and a idiot, for being mechanic B

These Toyota clowns sell parts, and use these forums to pump in BS to harvest more mushrooms,

IT is a bright light, and it hurts, ban me if you will, dont care,

AxleIke
07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
perhaps you would like to explain to me what lubrication differences are needed between a "Birfield" and a inboard CV joint on a Toyota 4 runners,

Can't help you there. I do know that my inboard CV joints are fully sealed and filled with #2 axle grease. Same with my outter joints. Fully sealed, #2 axle grease.

I don't know much about birfields, so I have no idea on how they compare.

Each axle has 150k on it. I rebuilt them.

FJBRADY
07-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Lots of Toyota clowns

Yeah and I am Homey D. Clown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhuBIkPXn0

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Can't help you there. I do know that my inboard CV joints are fully sealed and filled with #2 axle grease. Same with my outter joints. Fully sealed, #2 axle grease.

I don't know much about birfields, so I have no idea on how they compare.

Each axle has 150k on it. I rebuilt them.,

You didnt use the thinner grease packets that come with the rebuild kits??
they tell me thats bad news,
what is axle grease any way? been reading and researching grease for over a year now and thats a new term, for me. heres one of many warnings not to use exactly what the FSM for Toyota indicates to use in a CV joint,
#2 molybedamed lithium chasis grease is a regular old grease, nothing special,

CV JOINT LUBRICATION

CV joints require a special type of high temperature, high pressure grease. Ordinary chassis grease or multipurpose grease should never be used in a CV joint.

The condition of the grease as well as the amount of grease in the joint will determine how long the joint lasts. One of the purposes of the boot that surrounds the CV joint is to keep dirt and moisture out. The other is to keep the grease in. If a boot is torn, cracked, punctured or comes loose, dirt and water can contaminate the grease in the joint causing accelerated wear which will eventually lead to joint failure. Loss of grease can also occur which will further shorten the life of the joint. So the boots must be in good condition to protect the joint.

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah and I am Homey D. Clown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhuBIkPXn0

Having said all that, here's a primer on what I think is happening with your front axle. Looking under your front end from the front bumper, the front axle housing terminates at each end in spherical steel structure. In this sphere (STEERING KNUCKLE) are your birfield joints. The sphere is supposed to be full of thick grease. The axle housing (including diff) is supposed to be full of thin gear oil. Right as the axle housing flares into that sphere there is a seal through which the actual axle shaft pierces. The seal (AXLE SEAL) keeps the two types of fluids (thick grease/thin oil) apart. Another seal (STEERING KNUCKLE SEAL) keeps the thick grease from leaking out of the sphere onto the outside of the spherical surface you can see. It is normal for there to be some weeping here, and these seals slide directly against the outside of the sphere, leaving "edges" of thick grease built up at the limits of the wheel's turning ability. Normal.

Over time, the AXLE seal wears and allows the thin grease into the steering knuckle. Here, it thins the grease out, and the grease runs out of the steering knuckle through the STEERING KNUCKLE SEALS, and also sometimes even onto the wheels via the drive plates. After awhile, the differential oil is low, and the steering knuckle is low - endangering both expensive components.

Here is where things typically go horribly awry on a LandCruiser - owing to its uniqueness and the typical ignorance of many mechanics on these somewhat rare aspects.

The lowest form of this mechanic ignorance takes this form: On the upper forward part of the steering knuckle is a square plug. This plug is only to be used to CHECK the grease level in the steering knuckle. But mechanics think this is to FILL the knuckle. It should only be used as an indicator of the grease level since the last disassembly and repack. Not for adding. Putting grease in here does not get it to the actual birfield joint - which is the place where it needs to be. So, many mechanics simply stuff grease in here and send the LandCruiser owner on his merry way thinking he's properly serviced the knuckle/joint. Unfortunately, the birfield resides in a separate chamber inside of the steering knuckle and it's still devoid of grease no matter how much you jam in that plug hole. This is the lowest form of maintenance and the cheapest.

The second form of error costs a lot of money. The mechanic properly strips down the steering knuckle and repacks the birfield/steering knuckle by pulling the axle partway (but not all the way) out. Pulling it all the way out is simply a matter of pulling it another 3 feet and laying it on the bench, BTW. Upon reassembly, they replace the seals that seem to be allowing the grease to run out of the sphere where you can see it built up as mentioned earlier. They think this seal is the problem, after all (its actually a triple seal of rubber, felt and steel designed to contain thick grease, NOT thin oil) as that's where the leak is. Honest mistake, but it's the AXLE SEAL that is causing the grease to thin and leak. The axle is reassembled, the customer pays the bill (usually around $600 per side) and they drive off with that aforementioned axle seal not replaced. Anywhere from a month to 6 months later, the continued contamination of thin gear oil causes the thinned grease/oil mix to run out that new fancy triple seal again and causes a mess and lack of lube AGAIN. Sound familiar?

So, what needs to be done is a PROPER axle service that will again last 60,000 miles before the axle seal starts to wear and leak. I doubt your birfield is toast, but will wait to hear about the "click" test to help you make a judgement. If your front diff has not been allowed to get low, the birfield is still running in oil and that's completely OK.

Back to your front shaft. There are no less than THREE grease fittings on it and most mechanics are used to zero, or one. So, it may be that you simply need someone to grease the three zirc fittings. The more I think about it, this should be done before anything else and takes someone with a grease gun about 3 minutes if they take the time to properly wipe off each fitting before filling it with grease.

IdahoDoug

Unquote

AxleIke
07-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't get a rebuild kit. Just new boots. Took the axle apart, cleaned everything thoroughly, and put it back together. I used the same stuff I use for wheel bearings, which is a #2, the regular old kind you get at the auto store. I just call it axle grease.

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Didn't get a rebuild kit. Just new boots. Took the axle apart, cleaned everything thoroughly, and put it back together. I used the same stuff I use for wheel bearings, which is a #2, the regular old kind you get at the auto store. I just call it axle grease.,

Well, It has been documented and proven that is not a good idea, and you have 150k on them??
This is ground breaking you may have used a rare form off #2 grease that everyone else in the world says dont work
Can you remember exactly what kind or brand?? this is very interesting, are all of these auto manufacures wrong??

Uncle Ben
07-24-2010, 08:14 PM

Well, It has been documented and proven that is not a good idea, and you have 150k on them??
This is ground breaking you may have used a rare form off #2 grease that everyone else in the world says dont work
Can you remember exactly what kind or brand?? this is very interesting, are all of these auto manufacures wrong??

Banning you wont make you go away so why dont you impress us all and just go away! Im guessing that you wont because like the snake oil you push you are your biggest and only fan!

Tranny Frank
07-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Banning you wont make you go away so why dont you impress us all and just go away! Im guessing that you wont because like the snake oil you push you are your biggest and only fan!

Yep good old snake oil, except this snake oil is something only a few know about,

I thought everyone should, and since Toyota tells you to use a type of grease that causes all sorts of trouble, didnt seem very nice,
get them to sell you the snake oil or at least tell you that they use in it and what is compatible,

This statement is from Kurt Williams the fist time I went to Utah Rock Crawler,

He says this was out of context, I agree, all the other statements in the 5 or so page thread was BS
I was poking holes in his suction hose, and he didnt like it, but I did pick up on the one statement that was correct ,the post has been deleted
"Take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. For $600 you can get a complete knuckle overhaul, with the correct parts and fluid and not worry about your axle for another 30 years"

What is this correct fluid?? sounds like snake oil to me, lasts 30 years??
wow, super slippery snake oil, type of snake oil if you are a parts guy gives you a forked tongue,or fingers,

Heres a link to the little hub of IH8mush
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=68727&page=4

Poor old Robbie went and talked to this Joker first, got pumped full of BS, sad, hate to see a fellow grease monkey being duped,

And as far as why I am here, you have Rover 67 to thank for that,

Uncle Ben
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Tranny Frank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KRalJsC2g&NR=1)

Dr. Schlegs
07-25-2010, 12:49 AM
True Rover67 did bring you over, and he has since apologized for doing so. We thought about banning him too, but he has some enduring qualities unlike yourself. Isn't there someone else you can annoy? Friends? Family? Poisonous reptiles?

corsair23
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Aren't the pens point at the exact same location, just that the inner whatever you call it is rotated about 90 degress?

Oh, and good one Dr. Schlegs...:lmao:

Dr. Schlegs
07-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Chronicles of Fred

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=m9MA0eW8yyw&feature=channel

Tranny Frank
07-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Aren't the pens point at the exact same location, just that the inner whatever you call it is rotated about 90 degress?

Oh, and good one Dr. Schlegs...:lmao:

wow, the pen in example A points to 9 o'clock

The pen in example B points to 6 o'clock

How is it you cant see that,?? its is the entry point of one of lube grooves, anyone like to comment on why the Japanese engineers where nice enough to put it at the 6 o'clock position,???

But of course the clown and Joker professors at Toyota university ruined all that for you,
So the mechanic A and B don't really matter, Not when Toyota tells them to use a lube that will not flow,

It is difficult to present this information when it is contrary to what Toyota says
But if you where to stop and look at what they do, it makes sense,
These axles will last 30 years easy, if left alone,
Get them to sell you this snake oil that makes this happen then I will leave you all alone,

J Kimmel
07-25-2010, 04:11 PM
why does any of this even matter?

Tranny Frank
07-25-2010, 10:02 PM
why does any of this even matter?

J Kimmel, this matters because the Toyota FSM tells owners and mechanics alike to use a form of grease that is incompatible with what the vehicle is filled up with,

When a lithium based grease is introduced to this component a chemical reaction occurs between the grease bases,
This allows the oil that is mixed into grease to thin out, into a viscosity of a gear oil,
Then oil leaks develop at the wiper seal
The problem is generally mis diagnosed as axle seal failure, the whole thing gets torn back down and the only reason for this is because of introducing the incorrect form of grease.

If the owner and or mechanic is unaware of the incompatible grease, the problem may re-occur if the entire assembly and all components are not cleaned very well,.

So for this axle on a Land crusier it is better to leave it alone, they will last many years, if they are left alone,
30 years is common

While this component on these rigs has the potential of lasting even longer than 30 years, when you use what is recommended in the Toyota FSM it turns some thing that is described as" Practically maintance free" in to a regular old piece of crap that needs to be serviced regularly

That is why it matters, and I feel you guys should know this , as to far as why Toyota says to use a incompatible grease, ask them, they wont tell me
When I did I was told there was a "privacy act"

I have taken quite a bit a flack from all sorts of folks on this subject, but I understand and I dont care, this subject has been intentionally misdirected from the Auto mobile manufactures, including Domestic manufactures,

As soon as you all stop with the silly comments you will find me to be very polite and a good source of info on this subject,
But as I stated before stop looking at what Toyota is telling you,and look at this axle and study what they did,
What they did was fill it with a semi fluid grease, all of the improvements that Toyota made to this replicated axle where to contain a semi fluid grease,

There is no advantage to use a #2 grease in this application, none,

subzali
07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Tranny Frank,

Why don't you go away?

Tranny Frank
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Ok I sent Mark a few emails, see what he thinks

I am hoping that he has a bit more informed answer that other Toyota experts have told me

Your question was

This question is for Ted Ritter or any other Toyota tech, What type of semi-fluid lube is used for initail fill for the Toyota straight axle?(steering knuckle) from what I have gathered it is not a #2 lithium based grease
this semi fluid lube is a #0 soda or sodium based lube.from all that I have compiled. since its obvious this design is meant for a fluid type lube Why does the FSM indicate to use a #2 thick grease?? , when they are filled with a semi fluid that gets misdiagnosed as gear oil contaimination because poor Toyota folks simply dont know any better and dont know this form of lube exists,

"But this is outside of my expertise."

Expert: Ted Ritter
Edit/Delete Message

Tranny Frank
07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Tranny Frank,

Why don't you go away?

I will go away, as soon as you all can get Toyota to sell you the correct form of grease or at least tell you what it is compatible with,or I will settle for a big name in the after market to look into this,

I will tell you who I have already asked,

Everybody,

sound fair?

This situation causes problems between mechanics and owners of these vehicles,
Remember I am the messenger , while you dont like me, understandable
dont care. just dont like BS plain and simple

Dr. Schlegs
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
sound fair?

NO!!! one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

FJBRADY
07-25-2010, 10:39 PM

That's some heavy ****.....pretty cool Doctor:cool:

Tranny Frank
07-25-2010, 10:40 PM

so your happy being hosed??
what do they call that, stockholm syndrome or something like that, sad, very sad

Dr. Schlegs
07-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey Francis,

Stockholm syndrome is positive feelings towards captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims. We are not in danger!! Go save a bear cub, instead.

However, . . . no axle will live without being serviced for 30 years plain and simple. Your mechanic A and B is worthless. Those bad boys only fit one way in the knuckle, you can't rotate them. The bolt pattern will not allow it, unless you are able to bend spoons with your mind as well. Further all the goop you are attempting to sell will pee right out of the knuckle.

farnhamstj
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Are you selling something? This is chit Chat, Not Vendor, Not Tech. This conversation belongs elsewhere. I don't enjoy the name calling and bashing. Not what this site is about. Not appropriate IMO.

Frank, I will extend an invitation to you to attend a club event or a meeting. Be a supporting vendor if you like and donate some of your product for one of our raffles. You will find that most of us are nice folks and don't care to argue about what lube you put where.

powderpig
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Go to the "bob is the oil guy" grease section and see what they have to say. Post up the results or a link to the thread on what happens.
You want a different opinion, get some of these people on board. Be careful because you can not be seen as selling a product.

Present facts and information that can be backed up(which so far(IMHO) may be hard for you).

nakman
07-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Go to the "bob is the oil guy" grease section and see what they have to say. ..

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

BTW, I drove a truck on Friday night with 30 year old axles.. that thing's ready to go another 30. :zilla:

J Kimmel
07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
aaaaand again...why does any of this matter?

no one here cares about the right or wrong grease, because most people here are in their axles often enough that it doesn't matter.

maybe you should spend more time identifying the correct clientele for whatever it is you are looking for :)

AxleIke
07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
aaaaand again...why does any of this matter?

no one here cares about the right or wrong grease, because most people here are in their axles often enough that it doesn't matter.

maybe you should spend more time identifying the correct clientele for whatever it is you are looking for :)

x2.

30 years on an axle? I re pack my wheel bearings once a year. I change my diff oil once, and even twice a year. Probably every 10k or so.

Why? They see hard abuse off road, and there are expensive parts in the diffs. A few bucks for grease and oil is nothing.

AxleIke
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Frank, I will extend an invitation to you to attend a club event or a meeting. Be a supporting vendor if you like and donate some of your product for one of our raffles. You will find that most of us are nice folks and don't care to argue about what lube you put where.

Respectfully Farnham, I disagree, and I do not extend the invitation.

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey Francis,

Stockholm syndrome is positive feelings towards captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims. We are not in danger!! Go save a bear cub, instead.

However, . . . no axle will live without being serviced for 30 years plain and simple. Your mechanic A and B is worthless. Those bad boys only fit one way in the knuckle, you can't rotate them. The bolt pattern will not allow it, unless you are able to bend spoons with your mind as well. Further all the goop you are attempting to sell will pee right out of the knuckle.

Dr, Schlegs,

The bushing in the spindle hub can be changed, the cost of these replacement bushings range anywhere from 20- 50 bucks,
No axle that can live for 30 years without being serviced,? nope, gotta nasty old Ford with this style axle that is original , that is almost 40 years,

sleeoffroad
07-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Tranny Frank, I think you should go to Washington, then hook up with those that did the witch hunt on Toyota for the brakes and sticking gas pedals. One more recall on all Toyota's with birfields and CV's should not be an issue. Then we can all put some goop in our axles and have it run out of the wiper seals. I am sure you can convince those dumb asses in DC to go with you on this.

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Tranny Frank, I think you should go to Washington, then hook up with those that did the witch hunt on Toyota for the brakes and sticking gas pedals. One more recall on all Toyota's with birfields and CV's should not be an issue. Then we can all put some goop in our axles and have it run out of the wiper seals. I am sure you can convince those dumb asses in DC to go with you on this.

In the mid 1980.s Audi went thru the same situation as Toyota, little kids where getting smashed into garage doors when the car freaked out and went nuts,

Turns out it was all BS. Toyota could be going thru the same thing.
just a thought, this is much simpler, just a type of grease,

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

BTW, I drove a truck on Friday night with 30 year old axles.. that thing's ready to go another 30. :zilla:

I agree, while 30 years is more realistic these axles are described as practically maintance free, for the lifetime of the vehicle, since even 30 years is hard to sell, I will stick to that, and even Kurt Williams will tell you the same thing

I would say that if you could get this snake oil, change the wiper seal assembly once in a blue moon, your good to go,
The wiper seal will get worn out over time, and the discharge will be excessive,

As far as Bob the oil guy, probrobly not going to know much about this axle and not anything about this grease, that was all but eliminated 70 years ago,

You guys go talk to Bob, as far as I know that site could be a mushroom factory,

nakman
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Ok you can color me disinterested now, there's no way I'd want to forgo maintenance to the front axle and let it go even 5 years, let alone 30. As has been pointed out multiple times before most of us actually like popping off the spindles every couple of years. I'll probably never run Amsoil for the same reason, I just like changing the oil too much to give that up...

Uncle Ben
07-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I would say that if you could get this snake oil, change the wiper seal assembly once in a blue moon, your good to go,
The wiper seal will get worn out over time, and the discharge will be excessive,

There is the quote of the year. I think I will post that in as many places as I can google up! :flipoff:

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Are you selling something? This is chit Chat, Not Vendor, Not Tech. This conversation belongs elsewhere. I don't enjoy the name calling and bashing. Not what this site is about. Not appropriate IMO.

Well I am up here in North Idaho, so a club event or meeting is a bit out of reach,
For that matter even the Idaho club is 10hrs south of me, but I would be more than happy to send you a gallon of this here stuff, take it to your meeting, have a raffle to see who gets the shortest straw and put in a axle,
So far folks are to spooked to put this form of grease in a axle, they think it will leak out,
maybee you can poke around at it at one of your meetings, see what it looks like at least,
I to dont like the bashing, name calling and all of that, when I first started on these forums that is all that I ran into, so cant beat em join em.

Speaking of the Idaho club, I sent a email to the TLCA chapter, Brain , with a quick little summary of the situation,
The answer I got back,
"I always wondered why the grease thinned out"

While you guys are into rough service the average Joe using this vehicle for basic transportation and occasional off road use, have a lot to gain from this info,
especially if the rig hasnt been messed with, has the potential off lasting a long time, but as soon as its in for a brake Job at preety much any shop, wheel bearings will be repacked then its a down hill from there,
no need for it, just know to leave it alone,

simps80
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
bB1i-bhpJVM&NR=1

Red_Chili
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I think Francis may be on to something. In fact I am thinking that going forward there is NO WAY I am going to drive in the Chili without a carefully designed tinfoil Beanie.

I mean just look at the evidence. Toyota even snuck in a knuckle seal that was CAREFULLY DESIGNED to leak out all of the correct lube in 50 miles or less. Talk about a conspiracy!

I even found mushrooms growing in an axle housing out back.

I mean, how much more evidence do you want? I'm wit Francis.

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Well I am waiting for a reply from Mark the Tech editor for the TLCA hopefully soon somebody in a respected position in the TLCA world will way in here,

Since You dont know me or my experiance it is useless to post my credentials,
other than I am a Grease Monkey Educated at the University of Hard Knocks

specializing in Automatic Transmissions, which many mechanics prefer to shy away from,,

ASE certified but that dont mean crap to me it the years of Hard knocks that teach you,

So you have been listening to guys who sell you parts, that are highly opinionated on this subject, even thu they dont sell grease, telling you what works best in these knuckles.
When a guy who works on powertrain components comes on and tells you what is going on you treat him like crap, so thats why I have a chip on my shoulder, that and I have been dealing with Jokers and Clowns that work for Toyota, that would rather you not know the information I am presenting,
Met one such Clown the first time I went to IH8mush, Identified himself as working for the "Toyota information services"

Which is the "Toyota propaganda services" so what else are they BS you about,???

powderpig
07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
You actually offended Mark last year on Ih8mud, he called you a troll(maybe that will jog your memory).
So I would not expect too much from him.
O, Mark has not worked at the Tech editor for a few years now.

Uncle Ben
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Well I am waiting for a reply from Mark the Tech editor for the TLCA hopefully soon somebody in a respected position in the TLCA world will way in here,

Since You dont know me or my experiance it is useless to post my credentials,
other than I am a Grease Monkey Educated at the University of Hard Knocks

specializing in Automatic Transmissions, which many mechanics prefer to shy away from,,

ASE certified but that dont mean crap to me it the years of Hard knocks that teach you,

So you have been listening to guys who sell you parts, that are highly opinionated on this subject, even thu they dont sell grease, telling you what works best in these knuckles.
When a guy who works on powertrain components comes on and tells you what is going on you treat him like crap, so thats why I have a chip on my shoulder, that and I have been dealing with Jokers and Clowns that work for Toyota, that would rather you not know the information I am presenting,
Met one such Clown the first time I went to IH8mush, Identified himself as working for the "Toyota information services"

Which is the "Toyota propaganda services" so what else are they BS you about,???

The fact is no one likes you or what your peddling. I don't know what the School of Hard Knock in podunk Idaho teaches you but most of the intelligent world knows that annoying the hell out of folks will only piss them off and not sell products.. The rest of the functioning brained humans out there also get the hint to go away after the door gets slammed on them over and over. It's quite clear you are a miserable person with very low self esteem and obviously your business if failing too as very few successful mechanics I know have time to troll the internet annoying people by insulting them while under the guise of marketing a "superior" product. Go away Transsexual Frank and I hope the door leaves a mark on your ass on the way out! :rant:

Snowrun
07-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Have you sent this super grease out to a third party(aka non-biased) testing facility to have it compared with other popular brands of grease?
That way we could look at some numbers from the following tests?
Water washout
Four Ball Wear : aka scar size
Four Ball EP: Weld point
Four Ball EP: Load wear Index
Viscosity @40C
Viscosity @100C
Flashpoint

If it as great as you claim then the numbers will show it.
This isn't black magic and mirrors this is physics.

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Have you sent this super grease out to a third party(aka non-biased) testing facility to have it compared with other popular brands of grease?
That way we could look at some numbers from the following tests?
Water washout
Four Ball Wear : aka scar size
Four Ball EP: Weld point
Four Ball EP: Load wear Index
Viscosity @40C
Viscosity @100C
Flashpoint

If it as great as you claim then the numbers will show it.
This isn't black magic and mirrors this is physics.

Good I hope you are genuine and understand all those things you wish to know about this form of grease,

Type in Locomotive Traction Gear Lube,
In 1985 the Texaco oil company did tests on this form of grease, while it is in a locomotive I think you can figer it will hold up in a Landcruiser

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 05:38 PM
You actually offended Mark last year on Ih8mud, he called you a troll(maybe that will jog your memory).
So I would not expect too much from him.
O, Mark has not worked at the Tech editor for a few years now.

Okay now I remember he is a pumper, your right not gonna get anywhere with him,
And yes it does offend those pumper dudes when you poke holes in their suction hoses,

But if I remember right he started with the nasty comments, Clueless I think it was,
So I went with it Clueless Clowns, thats when that reference all started
Small World,

Doubt I will here from him, now that I have a year to improve on punching holes in the suction hoses, then I had no idea what was going on just thought they didnt know what they where talking about,

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 05:44 PM
x2.

30 years on an axle? I re pack my wheel bearings once a year. I change my diff oil once, and even twice a year. Probably every 10k or so.

Why? They see hard abuse off road, and there are expensive parts in the diffs. A few bucks for grease and oil is nothing.

Good very smart Axle Ike that is a good idea for other axles, you have a IFS in your 87 Runner, but not required with the straight axle

Better safe than sorry,

Dr. Schlegs
07-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Francis

You seem to be the common denominator in all of these negative interactions. What would that tell you?

sleeoffroad
07-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Send me a gallon of that backwoodspoop and I will stick it in our snowplow axles and let you know if it stays in :)

PS, make it two, I might need some extra when the first gallon runs out.

Snowrun
07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Good I hope you are genuine and understand all those things you wish to know about this form of grease,

Type in Locomotive Traction Gear Lube,
In 1985 the Texaco oil company did tests on this form of grease, while it is in a locomotive I think you can figer it will hold up in a Landcruiser

I do actually have some understanding of these tests. They are very measurable and have a direct correlation to the performance of the lubricant.
If you can show the numbers for your grease from an unbiased third party and it falls into the same performance category for a comparable price you will find most of us will give it a go. However, if the numbers don't back that up then I don't think anybody will be interested.

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 06:10 PM
The fact is no one likes you or what your peddling. I don't know what the School of Hard Knock in podunk Idaho teaches you but most of the intelligent world knows that annoying the hell out of folks will only piss them off and not sell products.. The rest of the functioning brained humans out there also get the hint to go away after the door gets slammed on them over and over. It's quite clear you are a miserable person with very low self esteem and obviously your business if failing too as very few successful mechanics I know have time to troll the internet annoying people by insulting them while under the guise of marketing a "superior" product. Go away Transsexual Frank and I hope the door leaves a mark on your ass on the way out! :rant:

Wow you pretty good there Uncle Ben

One of the ways I can pick out a pumper is the over the top bad mouthing,
wow I will not sleep tonight,
some people actually appreciate this info, that keeps me going, but they are mostly Jeep guys,
Interestingly enought I have run into the same stuff of old school Jeep forums,
While the info is straight out of old books, run into the same rotten nasty parts selling pumpers , weird

Tranny Frank
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I do actually have some understanding of these tests. They are very measurable and have a direct correlation to the performance of the lubricant.
If you can show the numbers for your grease from an unbiased third party and it falls into the same performance category for a comparable price you will find most of us will give it a go. However, if the numbers don't back that up then I don't think anybody will be interested.

Good there are some things about those test that I would like to learn more about, I do not know how to link that file to this site,
It took a while to find something like that, dont know of any other documentation like that on this form of grease,

Uncle Ben
07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow you pretty good there Uncle Ben

One of the ways I can pick out a pumper is the over the top bad mouthing,
wow I will not sleep tonight,
some people actually appreciate this info, that keeps me going, but they are mostly Jeep guys,
Interestingly enought I have run into the same stuff of old school Jeep forums,
While the info is straight out of old books, run into the same rotten nasty parts selling pumpers , weird

Guess you found your calling.......what....not gone yet? I am bad mouthing you hoping to insult you enough to go crying back to someone who cares about you. The vote is majority to ban you but since we don't like to do things like that the hope is you crawl away....
You'll like my next tactic.....:flipoff:

Hulk
07-26-2010, 07:31 PM
This thread is now closed. Tranny Frank has been banned.

This forum is for our local club and friends. Our forum is not a international discussion forum where anyone may join. Go to ih8mud for a wider-ranging discussion.

p.s. If you're not a charlatan, why not send Mr. Slee some of your goop and let him test it? Real world testing trumps noise everytime.