PDA

View Full Version : Father and Daughter/Son Run : Update: Aug 14-15

RedCreeper
07-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been thinking of doing a quick and short camping trip with Alexis. Just her and I somewhere close. Was thinking Middle Saint Vrain or Coney Flats. Even Switzerland to explore spur roads around there. She starts back to school in a few weeks so this will be like a end of summer trip. No Mom just her and I. Moms need a break to. Anyone game want to come along for alone time with the kiddos. Open for where to go. Still planning the where part. Maybe near a lake to skip rocks or drop a line. I was planning on packing up the J___ (no top) and heading out on Saturday the 7th or it may be possible to head out the friday before. An easy trip to just enjoy the outdoors with the kids with some wheeling involved. I know the Rally is the same time so timing sucks. sorry. Even if you cant make it all ideas of places to go are welcome.

AxleIke
07-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a cool idea.

I would move it away from the rally, though, if you want more participation.

Coney flats attracts A LOT of yahoo's, so you may want to steer away from there. I've been up there wheeling and stopped for lunch by the lake, and had to move on quickly due to bullets flying over head.

Man Jerk
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I may be interested, and know another guy who may be. I can't commit right now but I would like to do something like this.

RedCreeper
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah i know about the timing. Cant this weekend since i am having to do A LOT OF landscaping yard work. Anybody is welcome to help if they want to on Saturday. And she goes back to school the following week so i know it maybe limited but if the interest is there i can plan this better next year.

Just post up when you know MJ.

RedCreeper
07-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Any ideas are welcome.....

Man Jerk
07-27-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll talk to the wife tonight and look at the calender. Right now I can't think of a reason that day wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind doing something up north as I've never done any of the trails up that way.

Rzeppa
07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Any ideas are welcome.....

You might try a different date. Saturday the 7th is the big Rising Sun Rally, and Sunday the 8th is are multiple club runs.

RedCreeper
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Jeff i know i posted this above:

"Yeah i know about the timing. Cant this weekend since i am having to do A LOT OF landscaping yard work. Anybody is welcome to help if they want to on Saturday. And she goes back to school the following week so i know it maybe limited but if the interest is there i can plan this better next year. "

As i said i know the timing sucks but if everyone likes the idea and does not mind hanging out or wheeling with me i will try to do it earlier next year. Just to many obstickles to over come right now. And lost track of time. sorry gang.

Rzeppa
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Kenny,

I saw that but I didn't connect the dots on what that meant. You have fun with your daughter, and I'll look forward to next time together on the trail. Happy cruisin'!

Man Jerk
07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm still up in the air, but hoping I can commit to a yes or no shortly.

RedCreeper
07-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Kenny,

I saw that but I didn't connect the dots on what that meant. You have fun with your daughter, and I'll look forward to next time together on the trail. Happy cruisin'!

Thanks Jeff, we will see you on the trail again most definatly.

MJ, no problem just let me know when you do. Still trying to figure out where to go. I plan to put the 35s on the J___ so my top speed may be down so highway cruzin may be fun. Was thinking of Lake Lomond. But may be a bit far. Does anyone know if you can camp there? Then there is Red Feather up near Fort Collins. When i was up there i seen a lot to explore. Any other ideas welcome.

RedCreeper
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Looks like i am moving the date of this trip a week. Did not get everything done i wanted to this past weekend. So the brakes still need to be addressed on the J___. So I will be attempting this the weekend of the 14th. Maybe a better time for some. Still looking for a place to go so ideas are welcome.

RedCreeper
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
OK been thinking of where to go and been looking at the maps. Need some info and feed back.

First idea is to meet in Rollinsville and wheel down to Yankee Hill or over Kingston Peak to Loch Lamond. Is this possible? looking at the maps it looks like it is. And set up camp at Loch Lamond and have lunch on the trail. At the lake get out the kids stuff and let them play.

Second is Red Feather Lakes. Kelly Flats and then go to the Lake and set up camp and maybe drop a line or just let them loose.

Thoughts? Input?

Thanks

Man Jerk
08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm still hoping to make this. I may have to replace my clutch this weekend, so if all goes well then I should be able to make it.

I do not know any of the trails in that area so I am of no help. sorry...

RedCreeper
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Mark,
Good luck this weekend. Still tossing around the where part. Let me know next week and i can finalize the where. Are you coming from the springs? How far are you willing to travel? Dont want to go north if your not interested.

toy1195e
08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Might be interested in going on this with my daughter, not sure of the schedule yet.

Did the date move, or is it still August 14th and 15th?

RedCreeper
08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Yep we are still on for the 14-15th. Just not confirmed yet on the where. will depend on what folks or up for that are going.

RedCreeper
08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
So this is the plan......

Meeting spot will be Rollinsville at 9-930 but this can be flexible but not to late to give time at the lake for some fun. From there we will take Kingston Peak all the way to Alice and then up to Loch Lomond. Dispersed camping there but should be fun for all. Bring your fishing poles for the kiddies. I don't have my fishing permit yet so it will be just her doing the catching. Lunch somewhere on Kingston. This is a easy trail and my idea is to wheel in and wheel out. So on sunday i will take Yankee hill home back to Rollinsville. Hope i can remember the way. Weather looks good so far but on Kingston bring the coats because it can get windy up there. Come prepared to have fun. I will have Woodstock with no top and maybe i will have the doors. Post up if you would like to join this mini adventure with the kiddies. Come one, come all DADS. No MOMs... sorry trying to give them a break before the hectic school year starts.

Alexis is 6 if anyone is wondering what the ages are of who is coming. Hope to see you there.

RedCreeper
08-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Well keeping an eye on the weather we may get a little wet on Saturday but it can change pretty quickly. If nobody wants to come along we may just shoot north and look at Moody hill and Old flowers road and do some exploring in that area.

RedCreeper
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Weather is looking better for saturday but sunday is questionable. Still going. Lots to do tonight but should be ready. Man or Toy able to make it just let me know. Hope to see you there. Like said if its just me i may just head north and explore and drop a line at Red Feather lakes.

toy1195e
08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
We will have to pass on this one. Hope you have fun.

RedCreeper
08-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Looks like i am winging it. Will decide in the am where im headed. See you on the trails....

RedCreeper
08-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry Toy, looks like you just posted before i seen it. Not a problem. Maybe next time. Looks like we are going north at the moment. But Im winging it. So adventure in on....

Uncle Ben
08-13-2010, 11:13 PM
I really wanted to go on this but it's just not gonna happen. Have fun!