PDA

View Full Version : Need FJ40 Parts...

ToddyBear
07-31-2010, 12:59 PM
I tried contacted several FJ40 shops, and noone knew what I was talking about. I thought maybe you folks could help me out :)

My wife wanted me to put in the original seats that came on my 71' FJ40 - the bench style (single driver, dual passenger). I found the seats and all, however I didn't realize that when the guy I purchased the seats from said that he had decided to keep the passenger seat base that it was the entire half of the seat! So, I'm in need of a dual passenger seat base that has the plate with loops in it, so the springs can screw into the loops. :confused:

The guy in Salida responded like I had three heads when I asked him if he had such an animal. Unless you've concocted an easier solution???

As mentioned in a previous thread, I'm also looking for:

- a fan shroud.
- window cranks
- one window wiper blade
- side view mirrors (windshield arms)

Thanks guys for all your help!

ToddyBear
71' FJ40 350/SM420,SOA,Shackle Rev,37IrocRadials

corsair23
07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Pre 9/71 or post 9/71?

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat118.tam?xax=25915&page%2Ectx=cat118%2Etam

I don't have anything for you but the diagram might help pinpoint what it is you need :)

nuclearlemon
07-31-2010, 11:54 PM
the rally next weekend will have people selling stuff. you may find what you're looking for there.

Dr. Schlegs
08-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Check the Spector Off Road Website. They have good diagrams and will give you a better idea of what you seek. You could print it off and show people what you are needing as well. Come out to the Rally as well there maybe things that your wife forgot to tell you, that you needed to buy. :lmao:

RicardoJM
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I tried contacted several FJ40 shops, and noone knew what I was talking about. I thought maybe you folks could help me out :)

My wife wanted me to put in the original seats that came on my 71' FJ40 - the bench style (single driver, dual passenger). I found the seats and all, however I didn't realize that when the guy I purchased the seats from said that he had decided to keep the passenger seat base that it was the entire half of the seat! So, I'm in need of a dual passenger seat base that has the plate with loops in it, so the springs can screw into the loops. :confused:

I have one hanging on the wall in my garage, but I don't know if the mounting holes will be correct. That is to say, I have a 71 and remember moving my passenger seat from the seat base (on the wall in my garage) to the seat base in my truck because the holes (that bolt the seat base to the floor) were facing the wrong direction relative to the holes in my floor. You are welcome to take a look and see if it will work for your application. :thumb:

SteveH
08-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Try Cool Cruisers of Texas for the mirrors/mirror arms - they have a wide assortment. Window winders are a great swap meet item.

I have a few early seat springs (1970) if you need a few (not a full set) to fix a seat with broken springs.

ToddyBear
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Much obliged gentlemen!

I like CCOT, so I will definitely consider them for the mirrors.

I used to live down the street from Spector - great help with the diagrams!

RicardoJM - definitely interested! Where are you located? I'm a stone's throw from GrandView High School - South East Denver (Centennial).

And, I'll definitely be at the upcoming rally!

Thanks again!!!

Todd

ToddyBear
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
By the way, Dr. Schlegs - my wife is cracking up!

Red72FJ40
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I have a passenger seat back with the cannister you can have if you can find the seat, also, I have a drivers side door mirror and bracket. I took off the door permanently and need a mirror that mounts to the body instead if you have one or know of someone who does and want to swap.
________
YZ450F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZ450F)

ToddyBear
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Ricardo - trying to get ahold of you for the seat base - tried PMing you as well! Anxious to see if what you have will work - cage is sitting in garage waiting!

Thanks!

Todd

RicardoJM
08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Ricardo - trying to get ahold of you for the seat base - tried PMing you as well! Anxious to see if what you have will work - cage is sitting in garage waiting!

Thanks!

Todd

You have a PM:D

ToddyBear
08-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Ricardo - the seat base in perfect! I already started working on it! Do you do Starbucks?

Thanks again!!!!!

Todd

RicardoJM
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Ricardo - the seat base in perfect! I already started working on it! Do you do Starbucks?

Thanks again!!!!!

Todd

Glad to hear it worked for you:thumb:. It had been hanging on my garage wall for a couple of years just waiting to be put back into service. I drink coffee every morning.

Rzeppa
08-10-2010, 01:42 AM
I think I have a spare fan shroud...

ToddyBear
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Jeff - sent PM - let me know how to get your fan shroud!

Thanks!

Todd

Rzeppa
08-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi Todd, no pm received, but all my contact info is in the roster, as well as in Toyota Trails. Are you using the stock radiator with your V8?

rover67
08-18-2010, 11:31 PM
this guy (sonny) has lots of stuff...

He is really slow to respond and ship so be patient. always got what I needed so far.

http://www.fjparts.com/

ToddyBear
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys for the help. Yes, I'm running the stock radiator, although it's been rebuilt. The conversion puts the engine a little farther back than I'd prefer, but it works fine.

Thanks again!

Todd