PDA

View Full Version : 2010 40's Only Run

nakman
07-31-2010, 08:27 PM
I've been patiently waiting for 40 run trip report... also monitoring the connection on a slim chance there'd be a call for help. nada.

did the 40's make it back? did you guys all take a vow of silence or something? Anyone bring their camera? :blah:

MountainGoat
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
I bailed early once we got everybody to the top of the loop. There were a few issues with vapor locking (maybe 4 trucks or so) on the way up. I've been back for a few hours, though, so I am surprised no one else has posted up.

I do see Rezarf is logged on, maybe he can chime in on what happened after I left.

My passenger was the designated photographer so he has all the pics. Hopefully someone will post up soon...

Rezarf
07-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Home safe and sound. Got back about 45 minutes ago. Nice day, great trails, good people, cool 40's. Ran into about a kerbillion 4 wheelers on the way down. We were slow heading up, with a few issues of vapor lock. Other than that... we had a great time!

Everyone made it out safe. But we were airing up at 6pm or so, and I know others were going out for pizza.

No camera in my 40.

RicardoJM
07-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I just walked in the door and will post up photos in the trip report thread come morning.

Jacket
07-31-2010, 10:14 PM
:bowdown::zilla:

LETSROLL
08-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't want to speak for the more tenured members of the club, but for me and Sunny it was awesome! It's so cool to see 19 trucks tooling down the road and up the trails in a convoy. We had some transfer case issues (no L4) on the steepest part of the trail and couldn't have made it without help from Randy and his hammer (aka truck whisperer) and Paul who strapped us up part of the trail so Randy could do his thing. Paul helped us again at the end getting the stuck transfer case back to 2H

Despite the problems, our stock 40 ran like a champ!