PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Rising Sun Rally

Dr. Schlegs
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
It is official the 2010 Rising Run Rally will be held at the Jeffco Stadium on 8/7/2010. Gate opens at 9AM

We will be charging $5 per vehicle and selling Raffle Tickets for a $1. We will be selling collective 2010 RS Rally T-Shirts for $15 at the gate - Adult sizes available.

Raffle Prizes will be provided by:

Mean Green - $100 gift card
Stay the Trail - Hoodies
Go Toyota
AQUALU Industries, Inc. - a $300 gift certificate, T-shirt, decals and a key chain
AND MORE TO COME

We will have a Toy 4x4 Race for kids.
Kids will be provided cardboard boxes, markers, and crayons, to design their own Toyota. Later in the day we will have Tech Inspection, as this is a TLCA sanctioned event. (Make sure Kids have Head Protection, and good tread, E-brakes need to work and lets not forget the fire suppression systems, AKA water bottles).

Dr. Schlegs
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Gate opens at 9ish. Bring your junk to sell, and a few dollars in your pocket to buy junk. Slee will be providing Food (thank you). We will have t-shirts to buy and raffle tickets for sale ($1 per ticket). Lots of very cool stuff is being raffled this year. $100 gift card to Mean Green, $300 gift card to Aqualu. GO Toyota is offering up tire packages, bilstein shocks, and more. Metal Tech is sending something don't know what yet. I have not been the soul person contacting Vendors so I am not sure what has all been donated for the raffle. We will have an ARB locker install demo. Cardboard box decorating contest with a race to follow for the kids. There will be some show and tell around HAM and all the questions you have should be answered. People seem to stroll around and look at Toyotas, and make new friends or see old friends.

Vendors will be there. Slee, GO Toyota, Rocky Mountain Cruisers, Tread Lightly, Stay the Trail, Redline, etc.

It should be a good day for all ages. We figured if Kids are happy, Significant Others are happy, and thus you get to stay longer.

Sunday will be Trail Rides and those have been posted under this thread as well as Trail Staging.

Look forward to seeing you out there. I think there maybe a lot of Toyota 4x4's coming out of the woodwork for this event.

Dr. Schlegs
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
The Rally is a great event and what makes it so great is the help of club members. The Rally Committee has done a lot of hard work, making calls and in some cases, running across town to pick up supplies.

Now we would ask for your help. If you have a hour to spare please sign up to help work the booth at the Gate. As much as we enjoyed setting things up we equally enjoy walking around and looking at cool stuff, too.

7:30 - 9AM Set Up Rally Committee, Simps80, Convert, BigBlueFJ, RZeppa, Old 40 Dog, ZPig, Chris Sutton, BUB, John Barns, and others that can help.
9-10AM Dr. Schlegs, Simps80, Old 40 Dog
10-11 AM Mountain Goat, RockRunner, __________
11-12PM Bruiser, __________
12-1PM ____________
1-2PM NicholasAndrews,
2-2:30PM Rally Committee Cardboard Box Race
2:30-3PM Raffle Rally Committee
3PM Breakdown Rally Committee, Chris Sutton, RZeppa and Others who can help

simps80
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
edit:

i just noticed u needed 2 for each slot;
I'll take the 2nd slot on 9 to 10, also planning on being early to help set up if i can.

RockRunner
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll do 10 to 11 Dr.

Dr. Schlegs
08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
:bump:

Air Randy
08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I got confirmation that Scotty from Addicted Offroad will be attending and he will be bringing one of his cool custom front bumpers that fit Mini trucks for the raffle. Redline will be donating an FJ40 front stinger kit. Dee has made a really cool quilt too that has Toyota logo's on it for the raffle too.

Dee and I will be there early to help with the setup too.

nicholasandrews
08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I can still help out from 1-2. I don't have anything else planned for the day so let me know if you need additional help setting up or breaking down.

SteveH
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Can someone supply the address and zip code of Jeffco stadium, please - thanks!

simps80
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
500 Kipling St., Lakewood, CO 80226 ...

Hulk
08-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Can someone supply the address and zip code of Jeffco stadium, please - thanks!

Here's a Google Map of the Jefferson County Stadium (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115769960136927015565.000452282adca9879b6bf&t=h&z=18).

A few things to note:

* If you're taking 6th Ave., don't take the very first left turn -- you'll end up in the neighborhood behind the stadium. Take the second left turn. We'll have a sign out there, I hope.

* The Rally is actually in the parking lot on the north side of the stadium (facing 6th Ave.), not in the stadium itself.

* The Rally is at the Jefferson Country Stadium, not at the JeffCo Fairgrounds (which are farther west off of 6th Ave.)

* There's not much shade in the parking lot. Bring a hat, bring sunscreen, etc.

Dr. Schlegs
08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
If your around to help set-up and tear-down that would be great. No help will be turned down.

I can still help out from 1-2. I don't have anything else planned for the day so let me know if you need additional help setting up or breaking down.

Dr. Schlegs
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Ok I got a call from Jeffo, this morning. The Rally is moved to the SOUTH LOT Section 3, in the past we have been in the west lot. Please see attached. We will attempt to have signage out to help direct people, but I would suggest you just look for Cool Toyota 4x4's :thumb:

TonkaToy
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey Doc,
Mention was made about all parking in the correct rows by vehicle type/series for some official photos. Do we know when said photos may be taken? I plan to be there in the morning but can't stay all day, especially since I got my 'kitchen pass' for Sunday's trip to Bill Moore. Can't be gone all weekend, gotta keep piece at home!

Dr. Schlegs
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Photos will be taken throughout the day, by Rally Committee Members. Best pictures will be drawn from the pool to be submitted to TT.

Three Wheel Ben
08-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok I got a call from Jeffo, this morning. The Rally is moved to the SOUTH LOT Section 3, in the past we have been in the west lot. Please see attached. We all attempt to have signage out to help direct people, but I would suggest you just look for Cool Toyota 4x4's :thumb:

Sweet the bathrooms are closer.:D

Hulk
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok I got a call from Jeffo, this morning. The Rally is moved to the SOUTH LOT Section 3, in the past we have been in the west lot. Please see attached. We all attempt to have signage out to help direct people, but I would suggest you just look for Cool Toyota 4x4's :thumb:

Why did they move us? No one will be able to see the Rally from Kipling or from 6th Ave. now. This is bad for publicity. :mad:

Dr. Schlegs
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Why did they move us? No one will be able to see the Rally from Kipling or from 6th Ave. now. This is bad for publicity. :mad:

Master Drive called shotgun on that lot, I guess. I think I was rather clear that we have the West Section when I initially talked to her. I agree I am not the happiest about it myself :(. I am attempting to be more Zen today, than I was yesterday, so I figure it is better than not having a spot for the Rally. On the plus side, we are closer to the Bathrooms, and we have more space for us to process people as they are coming in.

I am chalking this up as lessons learned. Call Jeffco a couple months out next year to solidify that we have the West Section.

I think if we have our signs up on Kipling people will show. Hopefully we have clogged the tubes of the internet with our event that people will show.

Dr. Schlegs
08-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Hulk I have a great idea. We get one of these and put it at the entrance to Jefco Studium. Then have the Rally Committee Members running around in Banana suits with panicked looks on their faces:gaah:. We need to get that dancing banana emoticon.

http://www.advertisingballoons.com/images/gorillasitting1.jpg

corsair23
08-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Looks like things could be a little "cozier" this year in the different lot.

How are we going to get into our proper "spots" without the handy dandy lines painted on the ground :confused: :hill:

Dr. Schlegs
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
How are we going to get into our proper "spots" without the handy dandy lines painted on the ground :confused: :hill:

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty ... Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?:lmao:

Dr. Schlegs
08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
:bump:

Hulk
08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Hulk I have a great idea. We get one of these and put it at the entrance to Jefco Studium. Then have the Rally Committee Members running around in Banana suits with panicked looks on their faces:gaah:. We need to get that dancing banana emoticon.

http://www.advertisingballoons.com/images/gorillasitting1.jpg

I like this idea and look forward to seeing you and other Rally Committee members in your gorilla suits.

treerootCO
08-06-2010, 01:22 PM
2010 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday August 7th

Hopefully the largest Land Cruiser and Toyota truck gathering ever! FJ Cruisers, Land Cruisers, Minitrucks, 4Runners, Rock Crawlers, Full sized Toyota Trucks, etc.

Show & shine and swap meet.
Raffle Prizes.
Vendors on site:
Slee Off Road, GO Toyota, Rocky Mountain Cruisers, Tread Lightly, Stay the Trail, Redline and many more.

Hope to see everyone there! :)

10-3 at the Jeffco Stadium (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=500+Kipling+street+Lakewood+CO&sll=39.725871,-105.111609&sspn=0.006799,0.013111&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=500+Kipling+St,+Lakewood,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80226&ll=39.722834,-105.109591&spn=0.0068,0.013111&t=h&z=16) just South of 6th and Kipling.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/RSrally2010/RSrally2010.jpg

Printable Rally Flier (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/RSrally2010/RSrally2010color.pdf)

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/RSrally2010/RSbanner728x90.jpg

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/RSrally2010/RSbanner.jpg

Dr. Schlegs
08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
OK, going out on a limb here given that it is 2010, but does anyone that is coming to set up have clothes pins? To hang T-shirts up for people to :drool:over the merchandise.

If not, not a big deal I have to run to Wally World later.

corsair23
08-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Or maybe use a hanger and hang it from the tent tubing...Can't remember how the tent tubes run though :o - Maybe a piece of rope tied between the tubes on the ends to hang the hangers from...But, no pins here so I'm no help :)

leiniesred
08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
We have a clothes line. I can try to remember some clothes pins.

Dr. Schlegs
08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
We have a clothes line. I can try to remember some clothes pins.

Excellent Rudy. We don't want to use a hanger, the t-shirts might get shoulder humps.:gaah:

RockRunner
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
You can use bungee cords. Run it through the sleeves and you are good to go.

Dr. Schlegs
08-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Tom that is a great idea. Thank you. I'm sure someone will have bungees.

RockRunner
08-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I'll try to get there earlier, that is if I can get out of bed early enough.

PS do we get Staff shirts too??? I think we should ;-)

Dr. Schlegs
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Sorry, we don't have the budget for everyone who helps for the day of the Rally to get a t-shirt. If you want to be on the 2011 committee I will be sure you get a 2011 Rally t-shirt and whatever "thank you" gift I can scare up. This event does not have the budget that CM has and it is not near as grand as CM. YET!!!! Give it time, it will be an event of who's who before long.:rolleyes: We have to set our goals high, and after this year I have learned a few lessons. I see areas that it could really be beefed up, but it takes more work/time than what was allotted. I have already been thinking about the 2011 RS Rally.;) I have some personal housekeeping things that need attention, but in a couple of months I will be pulling out the Rolodex.

But for know I need to :offtobed:, so I can be my :cool: self in the face of all the :gaah:

Uncle Ben
08-07-2010, 01:59 AM
I not doing the Rally so if I could get my shirts when I drop off water that would be awesome!

Air Randy
08-07-2010, 07:18 AM
I not doing the Rally so if I could get my shirts when I drop off water that would be awesome!

Please come look me up when you drop off the water so I can give Axle Ike's name badge to you.