PDA

View Full Version : Post RS Rally run to Wheeler Lake Sunday August 8th (Overnight Run)

Convert
08-02-2010, 09:48 PM
We will be leaving after the rally on Saturday and heading to the trailhead which is around 2 hours from Denver. We will air down at Montgomery Reservoir and head up the trail to Wheeler Lake and camp for the night.

Wheeler is a difficult trail with several large rock obstacles, very narrow in spots and tight brush.This is not a run for stock rigs unless you are Three Wheel Ben, 33 inch tires a locker and high clearance are required. The run is limited to 7 trucks as the parking at the lake is very small.

Here is the trail description from http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=40

Please bring plenty of food, water, clothing and high country gear we will be camping at high altitude and will probably get some rain.

Sunday will be a relaxed exit, get up early and fish, breakfast and coffee you get the idea! Post up if your are interested

Tail gunner is BVB

RockRunner
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Man I was going to go till I saw I can't be the tail gunner:D:rolleyes: JK Doing spring creek but Wheeler would be fun again.:(

Uncle Ben
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Interested.....how many so far?

Uncle Ben
08-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Spectacular run! Thanks Dan and Bill for doing this run! I'll post pix later...