PDA

View Full Version : Ignitor and Coil - 60 Series

RicardoJM
08-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Anyone have an ignitor and coil for a 60 series? I'm trying to convert Randy to a Toyota electronic ignition while his DUI is being sent back. We've got a distributor and are in search of the coil/ignitor. Even if it is something that you need to get back, it would be good if we could borrow it for a couple of weeks.

We tried to get it going with the GM ignitor, but I think I took over the wrong coil:(. Anyhow, we swapped over my coil/ignitor (from a 60 series) and got it running - but I needed to put it back on my 40 to get home.

rover67
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
there are some threads over on mud about using a GM ignitor that seem pretty easy to do... maybe this is an option? Search over there and maybe you can find out how to wire it up with the right coil. If you have the gm ignitor already maybe figuring out how to use it might be the easiest option..

RicardoJM
08-15-2010, 08:28 AM
The GM ignitor is an option. We've got the ignitor and coil, but did not get it going on Friday evening. I did manage to get the gm ignitor checked out at NAPA yesterday to confirm it is good.

GM or Toyota; either way we'd like to see how the new camshaft works.

RicardoJM
08-15-2010, 09:50 PM
We got the gm setup working. I'll do another thread to describe the parts, steps and gotchas.

rover67
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
sweet!