PDA

View Full Version : Who likes the new jeep grand cherokee commercial?

AShoe
08-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Anyone else see the fine print on the new grand cherokee add that brags about its triple sealed doors, raised air intake and a watertight drivetrain. "do not ford water unless you know the depth to be less than 20 inches". I got a chuckle out of it.

simps80
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM
hmmm

I saw the ad on tv bragging about it, definitely was more than 20" of water...

interesting foot note, they should be forced to read that out loud on the commercials like the drug companies have to on tv ads

Myredyota
08-16-2010, 12:09 AM
"20 inches!"

Click the link and then pause the video at about half way and squint to read the fine print! :D

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/10/video-first-2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-commercial-released/#continued

Dr. Schlegs
08-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Exactly why I don't know a Jeep. All of their ads are on groomed trails, and they seem wimpy.

Old40Dog
08-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Whoopie do :lmao:(Webmaster! we definitely need a rolling around in the water and laughing smilee)....that's like water just covering the axle on an 80 with 33's (I just went out to the garage to measure it on Idelle's 80!.. floorboards and door jambs still 6-8" from even being touched.) At least 6 more :lmao:

Crap we were at least 8-10 " deeper than that 4-5 times on Triple Bypass this weekend and never even thought that the water depth might be a concern :lmao::lmao::lmao:. Only problem encountered was an apparent piece of steel that slit the side wall on us and then got Richard from NM's 80 later on the way back...even Wes thought he picked-up 1-2 slits on his tires (that didn't result in a flat). :beer:

OMG....This ad just shows how gullible the public truly is.....:eek:

Caribou Sandstorm
08-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Maybe they are taking a few ques from the FJC brochures and propaganda Toyota released about the FJC..

The brochures all point out that the FJC can run through about 27.5 inches of water out of the box. And it has sealed electrical joints, etc...

Not sure about the jeep claim to have a water tight drive train though, don't the diff's have to have a breather for when the temp rises to allow the gasses to escape..When you go through water the cooler water temp creates a reverse vacuum and the diff breather will actually allow water to seep into the diff... Saw this on an Aussie You tube video.

Hence the need for the scuba mod, as we call it in the blue room. I still need to get this done..The 2008 FJCs came with raised breathers under the hood but the rear diff and e-locker breathers are located at the diff level..

FJ 432
08-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Does the voice over say "built by Americans" as it shows the robotic assembly line?

cbmontgo
08-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I love how they play up "quality" and "reliability". I had a '99 that was loaded with Quadra Drive, V8, and every possible bell and whistle. Traded it in in 2003 with 42K miles after consistent problems with the tranny, electrical system, power windows, drive shafts, brakes, gauges, and many other things. My favorite part was how the tail light lenses would melt due to heat from the brake light bulbs and would have to be replaced every 6 months.

This is when I switched over from Jeep to Toyota. I really get a kick out of seeing the Grand Cherokee commercials!

Snowrun
08-22-2010, 01:36 AM
I took this picture of the Alternator Tag on a 2005 Jeep Liberty this evening.
Thought it was funny after watching the commercial.