PDA

View Full Version : Old school tire shop?

gr8fulabe
08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Does anyone happen to know an old school tire shop in the Boulder/Louisville/Denver/Frontrange area? My Troopy has a flat & I assume that the tube inside the split rim is bad, so I'm looking for a shop that can fix it for me. I suppose I could look at this as a learning experience but I don't really want to try & do it myself until someday when I have the tire levers & spoon looking tools for it.
Thanks,
Abe

Uncle Ben
08-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Does anyone happen to know an old school tire shop in the Boulder/Louisville/Denver/Frontrange area? My Troopy has a flat & I assume that the tube inside the split rim is bad, so I'm looking for a shop that can fix it for me. I suppose I could look at this as a learning experience but I don't really want to try & do it myself until someday when I have the tire levers & spoon looking tools for it.
Thanks,
Abe

TCI in Boulder (http://local.yahoo.com/info-19641021-tci-tire-center-boulder). Tell Nate I sent ya. They also have a service truck if you need them to come to you.

gr8fulabe
08-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks Uncle Ben. Unfortunately I just called to check their hours & they said they didn't want to get in to a split rim if I was only getting a flat repaired rather than buying a full set of tires. I will buy tires eventually, but I need other work first...
Any other ideas?

wesintl
08-17-2010, 08:50 AM
buy yourself a $7 tire spoon from harbor freight or whatever and change it yourself. it's easy peasy. isn't this why you have split rims?

Uncle Ben
08-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks Uncle Ben. Unfortunately I just called to check their hours & they said they didn't want to get in to a split rim if I was only getting a flat repaired rather than buying a full set of tires. I will buy tires eventually, but I need other work first...
Any other ideas?

Sorry! I am very disappointed. :mad:

60wag
08-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Try Tire Source in Boulder. They deal with a lot of race car tires and unusual antique car wheels.

DaveInDenver
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
buy yourself a $7 tire spoon from harbor freight or whatever and change it yourself. it's easy peasy. isn't this why you have split rims?
That's what popped into my head. I thought the reason everyone wanted split rims was so that you could totally McGyver flats and cut tires with a can of Shoe Goo, an old burlap bag, your kitchen silverware and a bicycle floor pump.

CardinalFJ60
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm a huge fan of Barnsley Tire on Folsom, been going there for years. It's a family owned business with great service. Sam Barnsley is on site everyday runnin' the show.

Air Randy
08-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Call any tire place that services large truck tires like dump trucks & such. They fix split rims all day long. You may even try calling Big O, no reason they can't fix a split rim issue.