PDA

View Full Version : Wood&Beyond is now open for business again.

RockRunner
08-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Since I lost my job with Lockheed Martin yesterday I am resurrecting my old business, Wood&Beyond.

I can do a whole house remodel to installing a new sink and faucet. There is no job to small or to big. If you have any work or know of anybody that needs a contractor for a remodel please keep me in mind.

I have over 30 years or real world experience and will have an album ready for prospective clients to take a look at.

Jobs that I do on a regular basis; Bathroom remodel, Kitchens, basements, decks, adding a room or taking a wall out. Do you want another window in your living room? Done. I have build a house from the ground up and gutted homes only to redo the entire interior to make it up to date.

If you have antique furniture that needs repaired or finished I can do that too. My parents own Amsterdam antiques and I was the repair/refinish person along with my dad, his brush strokes were like the Mona Lisa;)

If you need anything done or can think of anybody that does please PM me and I will return it as soon as I can.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

CardinalFJ60
08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
thanks for the post...we'll be needing some help in the near future. you're at the top of the list. :thumb::cheers:

RockRunner
08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
thanks for the post...we'll be needing some help in the near future. you're at the top of the list. :thumb::cheers:

Sounds good, tile work or wood floors. I love wood floors anything you need.

CardinalFJ60
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you've done decks...I need some fence-gates repaired/improved that close off the rv parking spot next to the house as well as some siding repair where some dang varmit chewed through.

There's lots of projects that I'd like to struggle through, but I'm learning that I know just enough to royally screw them up; and with limited time, that gets kind of frustrating. :o:D

RockRunner
08-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I can send you a pic of my deck and fences I just did so we can store all the toys.

The siding is another matter, if it is plastic and older it is hard to color match. If it is "wood" then we can do it and repaint it no problem. You live a on the other side of the world to me:rolleyes: But if you want I can come out some night and take a look and give you a price.

T

FJBRADY
08-17-2010, 02:35 PM
I can send you a pic of my deck and fences I just did so we can store all the toys.

T

I've seen both areas at Tom's house and I can attest he does great work.

RockRunner
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I've seen both areas at Tom's house and I can attest he does great work.

Thanks Steve that means a lot.

Air Randy
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Tom,

Bummer about your change in employment status. I'll keep my eyes open for work opportunities for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Bikeman
08-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Tom,

My father has a townhome near downtown littleton that wants to "enclose' a 7'x24' patio/balcony area as several other units have done in his complex to gain much needed interior space. He just received what I call a high estimate from a contractor who has done this kind of remodel before. if you are interested in giving an estimate I can PM you his info.

RockRunner
08-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Mike, please send me the info, I would love to give him an estimate.

RockRunner
08-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Tom,

Bummer about your change in employment status. I'll keep my eyes open for work opportunities for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Randy if I recall right your deck could use some staining and some other things around the house I am sure:rolleyes:

J Kimmel
08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Tom, call me this week will you? I am getting ready to do a bathroom, and remove a large portion of my interior and need help with some of the areas :)

Red_Chili
08-18-2010, 09:03 AM
I am re-tiling a bathroom in mosaic (1920s) after I remove the particle board subfloor :rant:. Planned on doing it over Labor Day weekend and I have that Friday off. It is a one-bathroom house so that complicates 'chipping away' at it. :( Tight budget, but I already have the vanity, toilet, and Lowes has good looking matte mosaic tile for cheap. About 5' x 5'. Lemme know if such a small job interests you, and if you charge more if I help. :lmao:

Also I'd like a bid on extending the rear roof about 12' so I can build a sheltered BBQ deck. Going from hipped to clipped gable to match the house, but no siding to match. Open cedar, I'm thinking. Couple cheesy garden windows need replacing as part of it.

RedCreeper
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Basement? PM sent.....

RockRunner
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I am re-tiling a bathroom in mosaic (1920s) after I remove the particle board subfloor :rant:. Planned on doing it over Labor Day weekend and I have that Friday off. It is a one-bathroom house so that complicates 'chipping away' at it. :( Tight budget, but I already have the vanity, toilet, and Lowes has good looking matte mosaic tile for cheap. About 5' x 5'. Lemme know if such a small job interests you, and if you charge more if I help. :lmao:

Also I'd like a bid on extending the rear roof about 12' so I can build a sheltered BBQ deck. Going from hipped to clipped gable to match the house, but no siding to match. Open cedar, I'm thinking. Couple cheesy garden windows need replacing as part of it.

Bill, no job is to small at this time and I hope never. I can come by and take a look at it and see what we are looking at. If you can have a section of the mosaic tile there that would be a great help, also the size of it.

Would this include tear out, new underlayment and laying of tile?

Your rear deck cover, is that with or with the city knowing this?

We can discuss all this just call ma and we'll get a time together. Kimmel has tomorrow already taken up.:D

RockRunner
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Basement? PM sent.....

No PM received but yes basements too. Send me what you are looking at and then we can talk about it. send it to trompies@gmail.com

RockRunner
08-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks to all of you who have pm'd me with possible work to do. I have an appointment tonight to take a look at some work and owe somebody a few pictures of my bathrooms I have done.

If any of you are interested in a quote or just an idea to get the juices flowing please LMK I would be more than willing to come over and shoot the bull.;)

bh4rnnr
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM
No work needed other than saying good luck Tom:beer:

RockRunner
08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks to all of you who have pm'd me with possible work to do. I have an appointment tonight to take a look at some work and owe somebody a few pictures of my bathrooms I have done.

If any of you are interested in a quote or just an idea to get the juices flowing please LMK I would be more than willing to come over and shoot the bull.;)

Red_Chili
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Shoot me a call, Tom. I will be home a bit before 4. I will pm you the new address.

frontrange
08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Is Monument too far away for you? I have a master bath needing remodel.

JadeRunner
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm gonna need a few attic fans a and vents installed to vent my attics out. Plus one in the garage (it's way too hot in there). No rush.

Sorry to hear about the job loss.

RockRunner
08-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Is Monument too far away for you? I have a master bath needing remodel.

No not right now. I can bring the camper and spend the nights there instead of driving back and forth. If you can shoot me some pictures we can talk about it and then I can come down.

trompies@gmail.com

RockRunner
08-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm gonna need a few attic fans a and vents installed to vent my attics out. Plus one in the garage (it's way too hot in there). No rush.

Sorry to hear about the job loss.

Sounds good, I'll give you a call this week. Oh and thanks about the job:o