PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth help

nedhed
08-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey all, I've been lurking out here for a while and wanted to see if any of you might be able to help me out. I'm helping my friend sell his pickup but I'm having trouble coming up with a price for the thing, so I thought we could do a "What's it worth" thing and see if you guys can help me hone in on price. In the end, maybe someone on the board would be interested in it as well.

It's a 1994 Toyota SR5 extended cab 4x4 pickup. It has a V6, 5-speed and 205,000 miles.

First the bad. It drives great, but is down on power which might be due to valves on one cylinder. I don't know if it will pass emissions because of this. The transmission has a crunch when downshifting between 3rd and 2nd. He hit a deer a couple years ago and the front end is damaged. The A/C doesn't work because of this damage. There are some scrapes and bruises elsewhere on the body as well.

Now the good. The interior is in very good shape given the mileage. The topper is also in pretty good shape. It includes the original rear window that was removed for access to the bed. It includes a set of 4 winter tires with studs in addition to the tires on it. The winter tires are almost brand new and the summer tires have a lot of life left on them. There is a box in the bed that provides drawers and additional storage underneath. He also has a bed liner that is in very good condition.

It could certainly be brought into working condition, but is probably better used for parts or some sort of project vehicle. He wants to move the thing as a package and does not want to do any parting out.

The truck is located in North Boulder. Pictures are here.

http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af158/nedhed_2009/1994%20Toyota%20SR5/

Thanks,

Dave

Hulk
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I know you said he doesn't want to part it out, but it's probably worth substantially more that way. At the least, he might sell the topper by itself, and maybe the winter tires too.

As a whole, I bet he'd be lucky to get $2k, probably less. It's just too beat up to make an attractive vehicle.

nedhed
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I might have some more question later. Thanks again.

Dave

Ron Helmuth
08-19-2010, 11:57 PM
$2k seems right on the money