PDA

View Full Version : vsc lights

Lars
08-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Okay, I might need some advice. I was driving home Tuesday from work in my 06 4runner, both vsc lights and the wheel slipping light came on. They seem to come on about a minute after it's started. Obviously, since is was 90 degrees and dry, the tires where not slipping, nor was I in 4 wheel drive. Any thoughts on what the 4runner is trying to tell me? I have an appointment at the dealer Monday ( hopefully it's still under warranty) but would like an educated guess going in.

Thanks

corsair23
08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Bump for you 'cuz I know even less about 4Runners than I do 80 series which isn't much :hill:

Jacket
08-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Is the ABS light and/or BRAKE light illuminated? I assume there's no check engine light? If yes on ABS or BRAKE, you could check the brake system for any issues: brake fluid low, pads worn, loose sensor, etc. If it's just the indicators you listed, it might just be some wacky issue with the computer or a reset that didn't quite happen correctly.

If the brake system seems fine, you could just pull the negative terminal on the battery for a couple minutes, then hook it back up and see if the computer resets itself. Problem might go away and never be seen again. If it comes back, then the visit to the dealer makes sense.

Lars
08-20-2010, 06:51 AM
I'll give it a shot. No brake lights etc, bracks checked out fine 3 months ago. Thanks for the thought