PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Creek - Sept. 26th

MDH33
08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I would like to make a run up Jenny Creek as part of our adopt-a-road agreement with the Forest Service.

I'm planning on Sunday, September 26th. Meet in Rollinsville at 9:00am and we'll head up there. We'll run the trail, do some sightseeing and clean up as we go. Bring good footwear, gloves, trashbags, lunch, raingear, etc.

Hopefully the rain/snow will hold off for us, but if not, it might be the first snow run of the season. Hope to see Everyone there. :thumb:

jacdaw
08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Count me in.

rover67
08-25-2010, 11:15 PM
We're In, thanks for organizing this Martin. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the weather stays decent!

Beater
08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
I am 50/50. but would like too. Plus I have a pickup for hauling crap out.

corsair23
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
:woot: - I might actually be able to make a Jenny Creek trail day :D

We'll be in Steamboat for a soccer game on Saturday but if all goes well we should be home so I'm 75/25 right now :hill:

Rezarf
08-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I may be out of town for my Pops 60th birthday but our plans are loose. I'd love to run Jenny Creek for a work day.

Thanks Martin.

bh4rnnr
08-28-2010, 12:14 PM
If there is an open seat, i'd like to come along for this

:beer:

jacdaw
08-29-2010, 08:30 AM
If there is an open seat, i'd like to come along for this

:beer:Perry, I invited the :Princess: but she declined. I can pick you up, and if you like, you can drive (to see if you really want an early mini truck without an extra cab).:rolleyes:

rover67
08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Added this to the RS calendar!

bh4rnnr
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Perry, I invited the :Princess: but she declined. I can pick you up, and if you like, you can drive (to see if you really want an early mini truck without an extra cab).:rolleyes:

Thanks John! I'll take you up on this offer. And it would be fun to drive, even if i'm sold on a 3rd gen right now.....

:beer::beer:

MountainGoat
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I am in for this as well. I can bring the pickup if you think we'll need it. Or the 3rd gen 4Runner for Perry to test drive. Or the 40 just because its fun. Or the 80 for the on board latte machine. I need more trucks. :hill:

RedCreeper
09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I am in for this as well. I can bring the pickup if you think we'll need it. Or the 3rd gen 4Runner for Perry to test drive. Or the 40 just because its fun. Or the 80 for the on board latte machine. I need more trucks. :hill:

NAH!!! You just need more drivers in the family... :lmao: :lmao:

RedCreeper
09-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Put me in as a maybe. Still working out issues on the Heep. Hope to have most of it figured out by then. An the weather holds up. Need a last trip before its put away for winter.

jacdaw
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks John! I'll take you up on this offer. And it would be fun to drive, even if i'm sold on a 3rd gen right now.....

:beer::beer:Cool! I've got back stage passes to Furthur at Red Rocks the night before so I'm gonna be tired. You driving will be a blessing.:D PM your address and I'll be there first thing in the morning.

Beater
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I will go if I can have a strap capable vehicle in front of me since I am open diffed and a big arse truck..

Beater
09-21-2010, 07:57 AM
so - is anyone going up to camp on saturday night? holla back quick so we can make plans. also - I am not concerned with the trail except for the stream crossing due to my length/wheelbase and open rear.

I would be down to camp at the lake on sat, clean up on sun. maybe fish boulder creek on the way home..

RedCreeper
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
looks like im out. Alexis first cheerleading game. May go up on Saturday and take a look if i get the heep back together this week.

RicardoJM
09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Bumping this up as the weekend is here.:D

Jacket
09-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I should be there.

Air Randy
09-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Dee and I may be up for it too. Do we have a meeting place more specific than "Rollinsville"?

Boulder Cruiser
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Meg and i will also try and make it.

bh4rnnr
09-24-2010, 09:29 PM
John, still looking at hanging out if your up for a passanger.

MDH33
09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Dee and I may be up for it too. Do we have a meeting place more specific than "Rollinsville"?

Lets meet near the group of buildings when you turn off 119 onto the Rollins Pass Rd. Here's a map, the red arrow is where I'll be parked:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/179700521_opYuH-O.jpg

Hope you can make it. :thumb:

jacdaw
09-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, my truck is not available at the moment (long story).

Perry needs a ride so he can document the run with his special brand of photography. I feel like a schmuck for having to bail but there's nothing I can do.

Can someone help? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

MountainGoat
09-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, my truck is not available at the moment (long story).

Perry needs a ride so he can document the run with his special brand of photography. I feel like a schmuck for having to bail but there's nothing I can do.

I can make room in my truck. Perry, do you have any way to get to Conifer, man? I will pick you up if need be.

bh4rnnr
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM

It's all good John, thanks for the offer anyway:thumb:

I can make room in my truck. Perry, do you have any way to get to Conifer, man? I will pick you up if need be.

Dan, no way of getting to Conifer (with out waisting the afternoon getting the 4runner). Thanks for the offer though:thumb:

MountainGoat
09-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Perry, if you call me on my cell: tree o tree ate 9 eight five won ate one we can make arrangements for me to pick you up. :hill:

bh4rnnr
09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Just a note, when planning for an upcoming run, make sure to have the dates down:rolleyes:.

Spent this morning waiting outside my apartment for John to show up. By 8:30 I was getting bummed, well, theres a reason for that Perry:rolleyes:.

And to think I was going to stop by Paramount for there 25 cent :beer:'s on the 25th.

Martin, sorry to bother ya this morning while calling and telling ya I wasnt going to make the run:rolleyes:

MDH33
09-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Just a note, when planning for an upcoming run, make sure to have the dates down:rolleyes:.

Spent this morning waiting outside my apartment for John to show up. By 8:30 I was getting bummed, well, theres a reason for that Perry:rolleyes:.

And to think I was going to stop by Paramount for there 25 cent :beer:'s on the 25th.

Martin, sorry to bother ya this morning while calling and telling ya I wasnt going to make the run:rolleyes:

No problem Perry. I knew you would figure it out.

EDIT:

Just found out I have a babysitter cancellation this week and I am going to have to work Sunday to cover for this day since I do not have enough leave to take two days off. :( I'm hoping someone can take the lead on this Sunday (tomorrow!), otherwise the run is off. :( :(

I'll be heading to work at 6am tomorrow, so if I no one can step up to lead this by the morning, the run is cancelled. Sorry for the late notice. ( I hate having my life hinged to babysitter schedules. )

MountainGoat
09-26-2010, 06:34 AM
EDIT:

Just found out I have a babysitter cancellation this week and I am going to have to work Sunday to cover for this day since I do not have enough leave to take two days off. :( I'm hoping someone can take the lead on this Sunday (tomorrow!), otherwise the run is off. :( :(

I'll be heading to work at 6am tomorrow, so if I no one can step up to lead this by the morning, the run is cancelled. Sorry for the late notice. ( I hate having my life hinged to babysitter schedules. )

I am still going and am willing to step up and help out. I reviewed the thread and only Marco has posted as for sure. Lots of maybes and probablys.

So if you are a maybe become a for sure and come help us out today. The forecast for Rollinsville is 71 and clear so it will be a beautiful day.

Fall is here and the time is right for cleaning up the trails. :hill:

MDH33
09-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I am still going and am willing to step up and help out. I reviewed the thread and only Marco has posted as for sure. Lots of maybes and probablys.

So if you are a maybe become a for sure and come help us out today. The forecast for Rollinsville is 71 and clear so it will be a beautiful day.

Fall is here and the time is right for cleaning up the trails. :hill:

Awesome! Thanks Dan! You da man! :thumb: :bowdown:

Have fun out there, and sorry again that my work/baby schedule has foiled another run.

bh4rnnr
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Great time guys!

Thanks Dan for the ride up, Ricardo for the ride down and Randy for letting me drive the Gecko for a bit. To much fun.

I have not been up to Jenny Creek since the post and cable install, awesome to see all the hard work paying off:thumb:.

Will post more pics later, but for now, here is one.

FJBRADY
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Looks like a Motley Crew if you ask me. :D Good work :cool:

rover67
09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Bummer you couldn't make it Martin, we had a nice day up there and got quite a bit of trash. I didn't even see the message since I've been so busy i've not been on the forum.

Thanks to everybody that was able to make it up there... we had a nice crew for a nice cruise up Jenny Creek. Ricardo really put that 40 to work on the obstacle climbing up out of the creek.

Thanks Matt for letting me ride in the back with you and Sam. I had a blast in the 40.

:)