PDA

View Full Version : Glenwood Springs Cruiser Q

84cruzer
08-25-2010, 07:51 PM
FYI Y'all

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/402749-cruiser-q-glenwood-springs.html
:hill:

84cruzer
08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
[o]=toyota=[o]

84cruzer
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Went and did a pre-run of sorts on transfer trail.:hill:ended up pulling apart my one of the tie-rod ends just past Quartzite ridge:eek:had to limp home.

Some video to come, as soon as i work out the technical aspects of using the new GoPro Camera.

:cheers:

cbmontgo
08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
That looks like a blast...I elk hunt not too far from there in the fall...

84cruzer
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Enjoy!:hill:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gr8ful68?feature=mhum#p/u

new link

corsair23
09-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Something is causing the video to be blocked :( - Music choice perhaps?

84cruzer
09-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Something is causing the video to be blocked :( - Music choice perhaps?

Bogus.... i will work on that. :(

84cruzer
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/gr8ful68?feature=mhum#p/u

Sorry about the elevator music:rolleyes:had to use audio swap damn copyrights anyway:rant:

JadeRunner
09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey GH (what's you name?),

I'm interested in hearing about the Bowens Loop. I get up there several times a year hunting and such also. I may want to check that out. I haven't found anything difficult up there when dry. I've been in nasty situations in the fall with snow and mud though.

I will actually be up there with family and relatives that weekend (Thursday- Sat. afternoon - staying at the hot springs lodge). I won't be able to make your whole run but will try to hook with you guys at some point.

84cruzer
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
We opted out of doing the Bowens loop on Saturday because of the imminent threat of rain. Good thing to because i pulled apart one of the tie-rod ends on my high steer just as we made it up quartzite ridge. If you can't make the trail run stop by the south pavilion at Veltus park and have a brat or a hot dog. Bring the family if they would like to come. We may try again this weekend to make the Bowen loop, pictures and video to come if so.:cheers:

Gary Haas

JadeRunner
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks again for the FYI your run tomorrow Gary. I just made my second post on Mud since 2005 with my trip report for ya.

You have to do the Bowens loop or at least send a small group to do it. It's indeed an excelled trail even though I didn't get to complete it due to time constraints.

For the Rising Sun guys. If your in the Flat Top's here are a few of the hot spots I found this week. Find a way to make it too Adams lake. I great out of the way Jeep road that's loaded with cut's for great fishing. There are also plenty of great camp sites on the lake. I say "Jeep road" because that's key to avoiding the masses of big truck guys and camps. Then make your way out torward the Transfer trail to Bowens loop. A super run all in the middle of nowhere. Really sweet area.

On my backpacking trip into the FT Wilderness area I did finally manage to bugle a large bull for fun (I'm hunting 1st season). But, couldn't bring him in close. Bugling in those bulls is getting harder and harder these days with all the pressure it seems. Got to get away form OHV access big time.