PDA

View Full Version : Wtb Fj40

corsair23
08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Not for me...Apparently the 16/17 yo daughter of a friend of the :Princess: wants a FJ40 for her first car :)

No idea of what price point they are looking for (i.e. they could be in for sticker shock when they find out what $3k will buy them) nor how serious they are other than they knew enough to ask the :Princess: if I knew of any for sale. I've suggested that they come over and take my 40 for a test drive before deciding that this is the car for a teenager. Apparently the teen doesn't know how to drive a manual transmission yet so that could be interesting.

Personally, while I think it is :cool: that this teen apparently loves FJ40s and has her heart set on one my gut tells me that a FJ40 is not the best first car for a young teen in high school but whadda I know...I plan on letting my oldest drive the 40 when she is old enough assuming I still have it so there you go :hill:

Anyway, if you have a FJ40 for sale that isn't a basket case and is good shape let me know the details and asking price and I'll pass along the information. The only person I could think of that has a FJ40 and has been considering selling it is Hulk...

FJ 432
08-27-2010, 07:47 AM
PM Sent

rover67
08-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I drove a 67 series IIA in high school... it was my first car

I'll keep my eyes open for a 40.

corsair23
08-27-2010, 12:33 PM
PM Sent

Thanks,

I'll pass along the information :thumb:

corsair23
08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Edit: Well, apparently the dad lost his job in the last day or so :( - So FJ40 buying plans are on old for now. You can send me info of rigs for sale but who knows when/if anything will happen...