PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Miata

PatrolMan
08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Since there was some interest expressed in the Miata from my other post, here is a legit post for it. Essentially everything you would want to know.

1994 Miata with 104,000 miles, only 2 owners. Always in Colorado as a seasonal car. No rust. VERY minor dings (all smaller than a nickel, most around the size of a dime). Passed emissions test 6/5/2010 without any problems.

Has OVER $4,000 worth of aftermarket parts alone, NOT EVEN INCLUDING LABOR!

Factory features:

1.8L DOHC engine; 1st year offered of the larger engine (starts and runs super smooth)

5 speed manual transmission

7 spoke aluminum rims

A/C that blows cold

Power steering

4-wheel disc power brakes

Driver and passenger air bags

Pop-up headlights

Headrest speakers and speaker in each door

Power mirrors (which also fold in easily)

Luggage rack on trunk lid

Locking center console and glove box

Mods/work:

-Fidanza aluminum flywheel with Exedy clutch (disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout bearing) all in last 500 miles

-Cross-drilled and vented rotors on all 4 wheels

-Racing Beat springs which have lowered the car approx 2.5"

-Tokico Struts

-Strut tower brace

-Jackson Racing cold air intake

-Jackson Racing plug wires

-Bosch H4 headlight conversion (3 months old)

-Racing Beat dual tip exhaust (cat-back) sounds great!

-Racing Beat front and rear heavy duty sway bars

-New rear main seal in engine, front main seal in transmission, rear main seal in transmission, semi-synth trans fluid (all in last 500 miles)

-New Goodyear timing belt (in last 500 miles)

-New front brake pads (in last 500 miles)

-Racing Beat "roll bar"

-90-93 Door panels swap (have integrated arm rest)

-Red dash gauges with white print/needles and back lighting.

-Clear side marker lights

-JVC in-dash CD with MP3 CD capacity (2 years old)

-Boot to cover top when it is folded down

-Center cup holder to replace ash tray

-Driving lights built into "grille" under front bumper

-Air horn

-Black nearly new "cloth" top (much better than vinyl) with 1 piece glass window

Alignment done on June 12th. Drives straight as an arrow. Included is an extra steel insert for the Fidanza flywheel. It is a must if/when this car needs another clutch job. Also included but not installed is a set of used aftermarket turn signals that double as air intakes. The are a direct replacement for the factory front turn signals. I also have a different set of tail lights, your choice of the factory tail lights or a set of clear Euro style tail lights. I need a spare set, but have no real preference. The Euro style would then make the entire car have the clear lights.

This is about as quick as a 90-97 Miata gets without going turbo/super charged. Handles like a go-cart. Really is a blast to drive!

Located in South Denver. $5,000.

Beater
08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I was looking at that on craigslist last night... very tempting, but a bit above my budget.

What are these like for road noise wit the top up?

PatrolMan
08-29-2010, 12:36 PM
With the factory top, there is a fair amount of wind noise since the vinyl doesn't block much. The upgraded top that this has is considerably thicker and has less wind noise. There is still road noise mostly through the rear of the cabin from the rear tires. The 2nd gen models ride quieter, but still there is some obvious noise at highway speeds.

Beater
08-29-2010, 12:44 PM
sounds funny - but doable with a bluetooth headset? I drive from the springs to denver and from denver to greeley regularly, and I am on the phone alot during this time.

Can't be worse than my truck right?

PatrolMan
08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
If you run a relatively quiet tire with the top up, it would surely be doable, especially with a good top. A hard top would help a lot, but they are $1,000 alone. They cut down on the wind noise basically all together and are honestly much better insulated for winter.

PatrolMan
08-29-2010, 02:42 PM
BTW, I also have a 323 GTX for sale. Same basic motor as the Miata, but AWD and turbo. Fun car! A total sleeper as it is a little hatchback with seats for 4. Basically a predecessor to the WRX and other similar cars.

Beater
08-29-2010, 03:05 PM
That I am interesed in.

PatrolMan
08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Will post the GTX in a different post to minimize confusion.