PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy some tires

bigbluefj
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
So the time has come to look for some new tires is there a dealer that any one might suggest, i've been looking around here and the tire's i would like to get no one can find or there priced way to high..

Looking at the Truxs MT 35 12.50 16 or the Toyo open country MT 315 75 16 or if by chance i can find a set of 5 Goodyear MTR's old style 35 12.50 16???

Kevin

Dr. Schlegs
09-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Down here in the lower 48 - Discount Tire will match/beat anyone's price and they can get anything. I got new tires on my 80, and discount tire was still cheaper than other places offering sales plus rebates. They also have a killer rotate and rebalance policy. Tire replacement is included in the cost as well.

I don't know if you have them up there or if you need a bush pilot to do an air drop:dunno:

:D Say Hi to Gordy.

FJBRADY
09-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Real men wheel Interco's :canada: so the choice is simple, I have faith you will do the right thing!

Caribou Sandstorm
09-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey Kevin,

Try

http://www.Onlinetires.com

They have great prices. I have the Maxxis 315/75/16s. They are really grippy and maybe not as heavy as Toyos..I am not sure about the wear yet, I have gone through about 1/8th of the tread already and I bought this past spring..I kind of left them on for street for a bit longer then I had anticipated.

Nakman has a set on his taco, 255/85/16. He has had longer then me, maybe he can give a better wear barometer then me.

Reason for this tire suggestion is that the 35s are about 100.00 less per tire then some of the other brands..

Hope this is helpful, great seeing you at the Rally...

corsair23
09-05-2010, 01:14 AM
I really like the Toyo MTs but they are HEAVY suckers. My 285 Toyo MTs weighed within a couple pounds of Hulk's 315 Baja MTZs (I think that is what he has) when we weighed them.

Some people complain about the noise from the Toyos. I had mine siped when new and I thought they were pretty darn quiet for a MT. As the siping has worn down I can definitely tell there has been an increase in noise level. They have about 30K miles on them now and still have decent tread. I haven't had any chunking issues with them due to the siping. I can't say the same about the MTRs on the 40 though that were siped and it sees a lot less street/trail time than the LX does :(

As for a dealer...I'm a fan of Discount Tire but that probably won't do you any good unless you're planning another trip down here :)

bigbluefj
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Man what a time to get tire's every place i call they all say no stock what gives???

i want tires and i can't find any in the type i want!!

Hulk
09-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I bought the Mickey Thompson MTZ tires because the Toyos were nowhere to be found. I was on a deadline to get them before we left for Rubithon. If I had had more time, there was a place out in California that could have shipped them to me a week later.

I do like the MTZs though. They have held up well. But they are loud. :(

satchel
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I was talking with Dave (old40dog) this weekend in Ouray and he mentioned he knows someone, at Performance Tire I believe, that will give Rising Sun members a deal on tires at their cost and that they still have balance and rotate plans like anyone else.