PDA

View Full Version : Jeep accident on Saxon mountain

FJCDan
09-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Jeep goes over edge falls 1200 feet. Story on 9News this mourning. One women died and another man hurt trying to go down mountain. Happened on Georgetown switch backs.http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=151216&provider=top&catid=188

RedCreeper
09-05-2010, 11:46 AM
HOLY CRAP batman. I was on that on the Fathers Day run with no rear brakes. Still counting my lucky stars. That could of been me and my family when i had half my tire hanging of the edge.

corsair23
09-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Crikey....

Reading this comment it appears that the driver got out to check something and the Jeep went over with the passenger still in the Jeep :confused: :(

Dear Father Sean,

I have to tell you that beautiful Crystal was killed Friday afternoon in Colorado. Marcus and Crystal were driving up in the mountains as they went out together every Friday. Somehow Marcus got out of the jeep to check the 4-wheel drive and with that the car went over the cliff and plunged 1300 feet down the mountain. Marcus went looking for her and was picked up by the rangers and brought to the hospital as he was injured climbing down the mountain. She was only 29 years old. They have two beautiful boys, Liam age 5 and Tristan age 4. I had to share this with you as you married them and remember it was such a beautiful wedding. Well you married them till death do them part. We are all going to the funeral in Colorado when Marcus decides what to do as I think he is still in shock. Thanks for letting me share my broken heart with you at this time.

farnhamstj
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
:(

Corbet
09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
There was a fatality on Imogene Saturday too. :( Involved a side by side I believe. Rolled a few hundred yards downhill.

SRT08BUS
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
There was a fatality on Imogene Saturday too. :( Involved a side by side I believe. Rolled a few hundred yards downhill.

That's really sad to hear, I remember the Forest Ranger saying that they have been fatality free for a couple of years. I would like to hear more about what happened on Saxton, I never really thought of that one as a dangerous one...unless you don't have breaks.

Rezarf
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
How sad for those involved. Man, sometimes I forget the risks we take on "easy" trails. May their family find comfort in these hard times.

Beater
09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I feel for these people and their families. People wonder why I am such a safety nazi..

RockRunner
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Accidents happen, that is why they call them accidents .

No mater how it happened we all pray that will not be us someday:(

It is sad to hear an.d really sad for families.:(

DanS
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Here's the recovery of the Jeep that was in this accident.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ze4x4F9RPcs?fs=1&hl=en_US%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam

I can't imagine how horrible it much have been watching your wife go over the edge like that.

Dan

sno bored
10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I was driving by Georgetown on Saturday and saw an axle coming down.