PDA

View Full Version : Damn Thieves

Nemo
09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
My 97 LC 40th just got broken into or had it's passenger door window busted out with some flag stone. Nothing stolen probably cause I was at home and it happened at 805am this morning. If only I could have gotten out there 2 minutes earlier :(

Now the technical. I have a glass guy coming out. Do you guys know if the window tint is Bronze on the 40th Sage Color. It appears so and that is what I have coming but thought I would toss it out there. TIA

Hulk
09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I think the two factory tint options were bronze or green. My black '96 is bronze.

RockRunner
09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
That stinks john. And just after we were talking about putting it in the garage weeks ago. At least they did no good after the Lexus. Most Likely because they know that they can't steal anything out but the Cruiser it has to have some good in it.

Most likely kids being idiots that just togged rocks to see if there was anything for a smash and grab.

Uncle Ben
09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I assume passenger front? I have a left rear passenger glass. All limited editions are Bronze tint.

Nemo
09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't have it in the garage cause I took the roof rack off to get it detailed and was planning on getting the roof rack back on. They didn't touch the Lexus thankfully but I would almost rather them touch that than the LC. I don't think I could replace the LC had they stolen it.

Off to the Yota Yard today to get a new ashtray and brackets for it. I had my Ham radio connected to it and that is probably what they sought. I should have put it away but I have lived here a long time and assumed. You know what that means :-)

Have a guy coming out today at 1pm to replace the front passenger window and figured it was a good time to go ahead and get the windshield done to. Lets see if she leaks afterwards :-) Good thing is I will be here to remind him to seal it really well.... :cheers:

Inukshuk
09-07-2010, 12:04 PM
When I needed a window I called Christo and bought a used one same day at a great price.