PDA

View Full Version : The Mountain Bike Ride Planning Thread

subzali
09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Thought I would just start a general thread for anyone who wants to plan any mountain bike rides...

I'll start: Tonight, Friday, September 17. Deer Creek Canyon (basically C-470 and Kipling). Meet at about 5:30 at the trailhead. Either respond here or call me 7 two 0 - two eight 1 - 12 10.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R12.htm

Hope to see some of you on the trails!

subzali
09-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Hey Dave, I'm actually on the mudpigs group, unfortunately my Wednesdays are not available right now, I've been trying to change that for a while. Thanks for the tip on the low light, I haven't been riding in the late evenings a lot recently :thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
09-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Matt,

I did Deer Creek 2 Fridays ago in the afternoon...It was great and had to do 3 loops before I got it out of my system..

That used to be one of my favorite get'er done trails after work, when I lived in HR..

I was still able to navigate the rocks coming down, which felt really great!

I might try to do it again today, might have to start earlier, will look for you..

I think JeffCO has some of the best trails, hands down..

When I was headed to Christo's for the CM11 meeting on Wednesday, I drove by the Chimney Gulch trail parking area and it was packed! Looked like lots of folks where headed back from linking Chimney to Apex.. Another favorite!

subzali
09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep, Chimney Gulch and Apex are some of my favs as well, love all the Jeffco trails! Wish other counties had it together like they do!

If you could navigate the rocks coming down the wall on Deer Creek, my hat's off to you - I'm pretty sure I'm too chicken to attempt that descent on my hardtail these days...maybe if I ride it more. I'm planning on doing the Red Mesa Loop first, then the Plymouth Mountain Loop. Hope to catch you somewhere on the trail, what should I be looking for in the parking lot?

leiniesred
09-17-2010, 10:18 AM
*jokes*

I rode my Bianchi Milano up a single step this morning at the office. Totally cleaned it. I'm going to ride down that step this afternoon if anyone wants to get video and make an EXTREME BICYCLE COMMUTING movie. If today doesn't work for you, that's OK, I ride that step every day.

Man, you should see how my leather mud flaps shake on the fenders and hear the chain slap the chainguard! It is ATROCIOUS dude!
You guys are welcome to join me on my ride tonight too.

subzali
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Dude, that's totally SICK! You are AWESOME!

leiniesred
09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
/me high 5's Matt.

Rip it up.

Hulk
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Duuuuude.

http://rustybrain.com/haha/high-five.jpg

Caribou Sandstorm
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Ouray-FJSummit-2010/new-Fuji-camera-035/948344214_oef7j-M.jpg

Gator1
10-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm always up for a ride here on the west side...
Just bought a used mtbike, been riding centtennial Cone, white ranch, Chimney gulch/apex... need to check out deer creek..

...old, fat and slow

OilHammer
10-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Old, fat, and slow....yeah, that sounds like me. I need to get in some rides before the weather completely changes too. Wednesday is about the only night after work that I can't ever do. Thing is, it's hard for me to leave work before 4pm.....and I don't have lights!

Caribou Sandstorm
10-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Can't ride Jeff Co trails an hour after Sunset anyway, so lights are moot.

Friday afternoons at 4:00 or 4:30PM??

Green Mountain is a great late fall/winter alternative because it is close, stays light longer and prety fun singletrack.

subzali
10-21-2010, 03:22 PM
If you're on a bike, do you have to pay to get into Bear Creek Lake Park? I would like to try a Friday afternoon ride, but unfortunately I can't this week, and I'd probably only be able to make every-other week anyway if I can even make it work out. I hate working on the east side of town...:rant:

Caribou Sandstorm
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I did Chimney Gulch last night. On trail by 3:45, off trail by 5PM. Lighting was just enough to finish.

Maybe we can do a Green Mountain ride one of these days??

subzali
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I wish I could get out of work early enough to get all the way across town before it gets dark.

Caribou Sandstorm
11-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Where you night riding Dave? Green Mountain? That could be fun... Kind if getting burned out riding solo these days.

Gator1
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
just got a tune-up, anyone doing green mountian any time soon?
I may go this afternoon if I don't road bike it. warm and pleasant today

Doug

used 2010 Niner RIP 9

subzali
04-23-2011, 08:34 AM
...If you could navigate the rocks coming down the wall on Deer Creek, my hat's off to you - I'm pretty sure I'm too chicken to attempt that descent on my hardtail these days...maybe if I ride it more. ...

Last Sunday on a ride with some friends I lowered my saddle and made an attempt at riding down "the Wall." It actually wasn't that bad with the saddle down, even on a hardtail. I think I'm finally getting used to my moto-style brakes too, which helps with tricky stuff like that.

I'm hoping this year will be better than last for mtb for me...

timmbuck2
04-23-2011, 09:01 AM
count me in if you go somewhere on the weekends...getting back into it after a long layoff...so looking for flat rides. :)

subzali
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Anyone ridden the Indian Creek area near Rampart? I was there this past Sunday and it was pretty good, I got lost and had to find my way back out :D. If you don't like crowds it seems like the place to be. Right now it's the start of the Colorado Trail since Waterton Canyon is closed.

AxleIke
08-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I haven't ridden there but thanks for posting up! I'll have to give it a go.

Anyone know why Dave deleted all of his posts?

Jacket
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone ridden the Indian Creek area near Rampart? I was there this past Sunday and it was pretty good, I got lost and had to find my way back out :D. If you don't like crowds it seems like the place to be. Right now it's the start of the Colorado Trail since Waterton Canyon is closed.

Did you run into people doing/supporting the Colorado Trail Race?

DaveInDenver
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I rode from the Indian Creek TH over towards Buffalo Creek about 3 weeks ago. I only made it to Top of the World, a thunderstorm threatening turned me around since the burn area is uber exposed. FWIW, it's roughly 50 miles round trip from the parking lot at Indian Creek to the Little Scraggy TH at Buff Creek. The 2011 CTR started today (8/1/11), right Matt?

subzali
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I rode from the Indian Creek TH over towards Buffalo Creek about 3 weeks ago. I only made it to Top of the World, a thunderstorm threatening turned me around since the burn area is uber exposed. FWIW, it's roughly 50 miles round trip from the parking lot at Indian Creek to the Little Scraggy TH at Buff Creek. The CTR started today, right Matt?

Out and back right?

I have no idea about the CTR, never heard of it.

BTW, there's a $5 parking fee at Indian Creek, unless you park right across the road from Rampart in the little pulloff before the gate.

DaveInDenver
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Out and back right?

I have no idea about the CTR, never heard of it.

BTW, there's a $5 parking fee at Indian Creek, unless you park right across the road from Rampart in the little pulloff before the gate.
It is an out-n-back, although I suppose you could make quasi-loops using roads. Never tried that. The regular round trip is enough of a beat-down climbing to & from South Platte around Bennett Mt that I'm not sure mixing Hwy 67 to Rampart really sounds like much fun when you figure in motorcycles and cars. :-)

The CTR is the Colorado Trail Race. They'll do all 475 miles of it end-to-end in about 4 to 5 days. I think the record is just a few hours over 4 days.

subzali
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
wow, is that done in teams like 24 hours of Moab? I would think it would have to be, can't be no man that can do that. If so then :bowdown:

DaveInDenver
08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
wow, is that done in teams like 24 hours of Moab? I would think it would have to be, can't be no man that can do that. If so then :bowdown:
Nope, just solo. They are doing 18+ hours in the saddle.

http://www.greatdividerace.com
http://www.tourdivide.org

The roughly 2,500 miles between the Canadian to Mexican borders in just over 2 weeks. As contrast a typical Tour de France covers roughly 2,000~2,200 miles in 3 weeks on pavement. These Divide races are doing it with zero support, on dirt roads and singletrack in one less week.

AxleIke
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
So dave, why so many deleted posts?

Inukshuk
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I am five days away from mountain biking 24.8 miles of singletrack, 75% of which is above 9,500 feet elevation in the Routt National Forest.

Can I complete the ride? We donít know. Follow my team Legal Action at http://ride4yellow.livestrong.org/markofsky?faf=1&e=4782010948

subzali
05-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Resurrecting this thread...

Little bit of late notice, but thinking about Chimney Gulch/Apex Monday afternoon. My buddy says he can't get there til 5:45, I'm trying to see if he can't be there earlier. Parking lot off of Hwy 6.

DaveInDenver
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
We've been doing Tuesday evenings, usually 5PM starts. Funny enough we did the Chimney/Apex loop last week.

subzali
05-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Cool, I'll try to make it one of these weeks. This Tuesday is a no-go for me.

surffj62
05-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Ride recs please- have ridden Walker, Hiel, Marshall. Whats good right now? Also looking to do some car shuttle rides this summer if others want to do that.

Who has a jacked white 60 with rack that was at the Marshall Mesa trail lot last week. Sweet ride..

rover67
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Ride recs please- have ridden Walker, Hiel, Marshall. Whats good right now? Also looking to do some car shuttle rides this summer if others want to do that.

Who has a jacked white 60 with rack that was at the Marshall Mesa trail lot last week. Sweet ride..

saw the same white 60 on my way home one day, it was a sweet rig.

sounds like you are more of a northsider.

Devils backbone is good. This weekend traffic was light. Of course Betasso. If you like a hard climb do the link trail up to betasso, it has been redone since last year and is a bit more flowy. Still has the baby head rock section close to the bottom though.

I have been stuck on Marshal Mesa/Dowdy Draw mainly because it is convenient. I gotta get on some more trails too. dang.

subzali
05-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Walker Ranch is one of my favorites. Ride it clockwise.

This summer you have to get up to Buffalo Creek. I'll let you guys know when I'm going.

2ayi9Ht9_3E

rover67
05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
forgot to mention that betasso also has a relatively new loop. "Benjamin loop" adds a little bit more fun up there.

Buff Creek is a blast.

smslavin
05-15-2012, 10:43 AM
damn. i need to figure out how to swing a new mtn bike. it's been far too long since i've ridden in the dirt. would love to join some of you. maybe later this summer.

rover67
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
damn. i need to figure out how to swing a new mtn bike. it's been far too long since i've ridden in the dirt. would love to join some of you. maybe later this summer.

I'll be selling my single speed soon if you are interested. It's set up for me at 5' 10". PM me if yer interested.

DaveInDenver
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Is this the Spot Marco? We should all talk because I've been thinking of selling my Blur LT and going to a hardtail 29'er. Although I'd probably do gears, I'm but a mortal unlike you. :-)

subzali
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Is this the Spot Marco? We should all talk because I've been thinking of selling my Blur LT and going to a hardtail 29'er. Although I'd probably do gears, I'm but a mortal unlike you. :-)

Just as I was going to go full suspension, everyone seems to be going back to hardtail and (gasp) rigid forks in some cases :eek:

Jacket
05-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I thought it was driven by age (more absorption for older bones). :) I guess Dave is defying that notion, but then again in Yoda years he's just a baby....

rover67
05-15-2012, 01:24 PM
It is the spot, I am getting another frame/wheelset/fork combo. still single speed... but I think I am getting closer to wanting a geared bike. maybe i'm getting smarter :) .

It is the medium Spot Rocker they show on their site in blue. It was a replacement after I broke the white one on the CTR last year so it is still pretty new. You could get a dropout from spot to run gears if you wanted. It has all the braze ons for front and rear gears too.

stans arch/king wheels (rear hub is SS specific, but you could run a machined down cassette on it) thompson post n stem. avid bb7 brakes.

DaveInDenver
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Rats, medium is too small. I'm only just a bit taller but I gots them long legs. Hit me off line with a price, unless you want to post something here about it. You know, just in case. :-)

Yeah Matt, full suspension is nice for what it is but I'm tired of hauling around a battle tank on longer rides. Did 12 Hours of Mesa Verde this weekend and a 140mm trail bike is just too much of a mismatch for the task. It's awesome on all day rides and stuff, but trying to crank out 6, 8, 12 hours and 50, 75 or maybe someday a 100 mile race, you feel every extra ounce and suspension bob.

The flip side is that, yup, light weight and efficiency means you take more punishment from the rocks. The perfect solution is a 3" carbon 29'er, but I don't have $6K laying around for something like that. Even if I could sell my Blur for a decent price I'd still need $4,500 at least. :doh:

smslavin
05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll be selling my single speed soon if you are interested. It's set up for me at 5' 10". PM me if yer interested.

oh man. i'm just a hair taller. bet it would fit though. so tempted. pm on the way.

smslavin
05-15-2012, 09:24 PM
The perfect solution is a 3" carbon 29'er, but I don't have $6K laying around for something like that.

I made the mistake of test riding a SB66 carbon last weekend...

DaveInDenver
05-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Lair o'the Bear Wed, about 5:30. Quickie out to Pence Park and back, parking lots beers after.

I could do the one gawd damn speed if you want to come Marco.

Inukshuk
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
This summer you have to get up to Buffalo Creek. I'll let you guys know when I'm going.

A friend of mine has a cabin in Buffalo Creek. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday of Memorial day weekend with the 2003 Intense Tracer I am probably buying from another friend. I'll be up other weekends as well and whenever we are there, camping by the cabin is welcome.

Buffalo Creek Riding is top 10 in the state.
We will be up there for the Bailey Hundo too and you guys are welcome to join us and camp at the cabin. Naturally I'll check with him first but it should be fine. The Hundo runs all around the cabin.

subzali
05-16-2012, 08:53 AM
That's cool, Daniel! I've wondered what it would be like to have access to that road and have a cabin up there...

rover67
05-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm gonna pass :(

Sounds like fun though :)

Caribou Sandstorm
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Lair o'the Bear Wed, about 5:30. Quickie out to Pence Park and back, parking lots beers after.

hmmm Lair today at 5:30 sounding pretty tempting...

subzali
05-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Have other appointments tonight, but will be doing Waterton/Lenny's Rest/Roxborough Loop tomorrow (Thursday) at 5-ish...

cajunrock
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I will have to watch for some more rides in the South Denver area. I am riding the Elephant Rock/ Optic Nerve 24 ride the first weekend of June. Training,ridding, having fun is all good.
Older Gary Fisher Sugar1
CajunRock

Inukshuk
05-17-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm riding www.ride4yellow.com July 28. I'm already behind on training.

I have a few more free registration spots if anyone is interested but you must commit to raise $500.

subzali
05-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Okay, looks like I will actually be able to make it out tonight. Plan is to start from the Chimney Gulch trailhead at 4:45-5:00.

Up Chimney, over to Apex, down Enchanted Forest, back up Apex to the top of Chimney, back down Chimney. Hopefully I have enough steam in the legs to pull that one off.

Anybody able to make it?

DaveInDenver
05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Can't today and looks like rain tomorrow. I'm planning on riding Thursday or Friday at this point. Your out and back is a tough one. I usually just do the pavement to make it loop, but I'm a big slug most of the time. :-)

Remember today is an even day, so you're good to go but odd days Enchanted is one way up only.

subzali
05-22-2012, 02:49 PM
yep, that's why I'm going today :)

Thursday may be a possibility.

cajunrock
05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Training for the Optic Nerver ElephantRock race first wk in June. I am riding the course in Larkspur on Thurs am. Will be up for more rides after the 24 hr race.
Gary Fisher Sugar1

Caribou Sandstorm
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
yep, that's why I'm going today :)

Thursday may be a possibility.

So.. How did it go? Once and only once, I made all the switch backs at the beginning of Chimney. My wife calls it Chiminey Gulch...Which is funny to us. She fell over there once on the upper left turn at the flat rock section..We were like what was that all about...later we figured out she was pregnant..

That is a great route Matt!

I love that right turn surprise uphill in the enchanted forest, that if you are not ready for greets you with no option to down shift. :eek:

subzali
05-23-2012, 07:58 AM
That was so much fun I think I'm wanting to do it again! Why I have never done that loop before I don't know.

Chris, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who tries to ride the switchbacks. So often I see guys on way more expensive bikes than what I have walking that whole section - actually walking most of the obstacles for that matter :rolleyes:

I, too, have only ridden the switchbacks all the way through once, actually on the last ride a week or so ago. The top one used to be more difficult, but they've rearranged the rocks and built up the undercut under the water bar. I used to always get my front tire over but could never get the rear tire over. Last night my pedal unclipped on the approach and that ruined my chances of even trying :(

Enchanted Forest was a dream, everything was clicking and I was just able to pick the lines the whole way down. Made it up all the hill climbs too, so my old form is coming back :)

The climb back out of the top of Apex park was a bit rough after all that, but I made it ok with some gas to spare and had a good downhill all the way back down Chimney.

art hog
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
I might be interested in a thursday ride. What was the time an where?

DaveInDenver
05-24-2012, 06:52 AM
It's pretty soggy here, so what's it like out west? Might have to shoot for something rocky & sandy, like White Ranch.

subzali
05-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm out today :(

Caribou Sandstorm
05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Pretty cool and breezy today, should be nice and tacky for an after work ride.

rover67
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm gonna try to ride near home, I gotta squeeze something in before the TLCA meeting at 7. I agree trails should be pretty sweet after a day of sun and wind...

DaveInDenver
05-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Deer Creek - 3:30PM

New time, has to be earlier.

subzali
05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Geez, I'd have to leave work at 2:45 to make it that early.

Not to steal your thunder, but I'm thinking a Thursday night ride would be good. I'm continuing to enjoy the Chimney Gulch/Apex loops. How about 5:30 at the Chimney Gulch TH?

DaveInDenver
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
My buddy Steve had the day off, so the early start. He had to bail so it's a solo ride anyway.

I'll see about tomorrow, no promises right now but I'll try.

subzali
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm heading out the door right now, so meet me by 5:30 at the Chimney Gulch TH if you want to join in!

subzali
06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Should flashed the trail last night, but I didn't :(

Was riding pretty well but psyched myself out on some of the obstacles so I had to unclip. Then I got frustrated. So coupled with the fact that it was an odd day so I couldn't ride down Enchanted Forest, turns out I shoulda just done Mt. Falcon. At least I woulda had an excuse to not ride the whole trail in one shot :rolleyes:

But I rode up Chimney in pretty good time and felt pretty ok for the last puch up to Boettcher, then over and down Apex, up Hardscrabble, up the top of Sluicebox, up Grubstake Loop for a couple switchbacks, then turned back down Hardscrabble, back up Apex, up and over Lookout Mtn. Road and back down Chimney. It was just about 2 1/2 hours for all of that.

But if you want to ride Chimney (and Apex) and pretty much have the whole trail to yourself, go on an odd day.

DaveInDenver
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Probably duck out for White Ranch this afternoon, 5PM or so at the east lot.

subzali
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Out :(

Work is outta control at the moment.

smslavin
06-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Thinking about running up to ride Heil in the morning. Going to try and be there about 6:45ish for a 2hr ride. Probably do some playing with the GoPro.

..:: Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner ::..

DaveInDenver
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Doing a decent ride tomorrow if anyone wants to put in some saddle time. Probably start about 8AM at the C470 and Morrison lot, up Falcon, down Lair to Grapevine. Likely up Lookout, down Chimney, back over through Golden and Green Mt. Shooting for 4~5 hours.

rover67
07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Wish I could but I am headed out to Breck again.

Have fun out there, maybe we can hook up for a ride some time this summer.

subzali
07-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Gonna hit up Waterton/Roxborough Loop this afternoon, probably sometime around 5.

smslavin
07-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Gonna hit up Waterton/Roxborough Loop this afternoon, probably sometime around 5.

Where is that?

subzali
07-20-2012, 09:10 AM
From C-470 and Wadsworth in SW Denver/Littleton, head south for ~5 miles and take the left turn just before the Lockheed Martin entrance. Parking lot will be a few hundred feet on the left.

smslavin
07-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Damn. I think that'll be a bit of stretch for me. I don't want to leave Bec and the girls without a car for that long this afternoon.

DaveInDenver
08-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Wednesday
Aug 29, 2012
5PM(ish)

Prefer north side of town, e.g. White Ranch, Chimney Gulch + Apex, Green Mountain, Centennial Cone, etc.

euroford
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm going to jump into the mountain bike thread here:

i imagine from a very brief browse that there aren't many downhillers in the crowd, and i'd like to offer to rectify that.

I ride about 40-50 days a year at winter park, and though i'll ride every trail and hit every feature on the hill, the place has a LOT to offer the general trail rider. blue trails like shy anne and long trail are really nothing more than mostly downhill wicked fun singletrack, nothing that your average trail rider wouldn't have a total blast on, and the "easy" trail called green world would be considered a flow trail of the awseomest caliber if it wasn't at a resort.

the place is totally rideable on any 5" full suspension 'all mountain' type bike, or the rental fleet offers some pretty nice specialized 8" travel bikes, or some super bling world cup bikes for a couple bucks more.

(personally, i ride a 5.5" travel transition bottlerocket)

since i'm a season pass holder, i can get anybody a 50% discount on a rental package. getting a lift ticket discount is hit or miss.

i head up every weekend, and with only a month left in the season i'll be heading up every day i can (including playing hooky from work), if anybody has interest in giving this, shoot me a message and i'll be happy to be trail guide for the day.

DaveInDenver
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Wednesday
Aug 29, 2012
5PM(ish)

Prefer north side of town, e.g. White Ranch, Chimney Gulch + Apex, Green Mountain, Centennial Cone, etc.
Update:
White Ranch, lower lot (off 93), Today, 5:15

smslavin
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm going to jump into the mountain bike thread here:

i imagine from a very brief browse that there aren't many downhillers in the crowd, and i'd like to offer to rectify that.

I ride about 40-50 days a year at winter park, and though i'll ride every trail and hit every feature on the hill, the place has a LOT to offer the general trail rider. blue trails like shy anne and long trail are really nothing more than mostly downhill wicked fun singletrack, nothing that your average trail rider wouldn't have a total blast on, and the "easy" trail called green world would be considered a flow trail of the awseomest caliber if it wasn't at a resort.

the place is totally rideable on any 5" full suspension 'all mountain' type bike, or the rental fleet offers some pretty nice specialized 8" travel bikes, or some super bling world cup bikes for a couple bucks more.

(personally, i ride a 5.5" travel transition bottlerocket)

since i'm a season pass holder, i can get anybody a 50% discount on a rental package. getting a lift ticket discount is hit or miss.

i head up every weekend, and with only a month left in the season i'll be heading up every day i can (including playing hooky from work), if anybody has interest in giving this, shoot me a message and i'll be happy to be trail guide for the day.

i've been wanting to get up there and try it most of the summer. i could probably pull a week day run too. i'll drop you a message.

smslavin
08-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Update:
White Ranch, lower lot (off 93), Today, 5:15

if wasn't going to be on daddy duty this evening, i'd come out. haven't ridden there yet. looks like i'm going to have to brave the heat and do a midday ride today.

subzali
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
that single speed will be brutal on White Ranch...

smslavin
08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
that single speed will be brutal on White Ranch...

eh, it's just a 4 mile climb from the lower lot and that makes coming down all that much sweeter. besides, i think i rode up the long way into betasso over the weekend... :hill:

DaveInDenver
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I've done White Ranch on a one speed, back before they rerouted the lower section. It's not so bad up to the junction but all the loose rocks from the horses makes the rest of Belcher suck.

rover67
08-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I've done White Ranch on a one speed, back before they rerouted the lower section. It's not so bad up to the junction but all the loose rocks from the horses makes the rest of Belcher suck.

ditto.. not my favorite trail in general.

but hey, everybody like different types of stuff.

rover67
08-29-2012, 11:39 AM
eh, it's just a 4 mile climb from the lower lot and that makes coming down all that much sweeter. besides, i think i rode up the long way into betasso over the weekend... :hill:

did you ride up the link trail? they did a lot of work on it to make it easier, but the rocky section at the beginning is still too much for me. I can't clean it.

Caribou Sandstorm
08-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I went over the handle bars hard coming down the steps from the upper parking lot. There is that one pine tree at the last step, I was air born and then tagged my shoulder on that tree. WR is not one of my favs, probably reason why.

Dave you riding tonight? I just finished a mini tune, new tires, brake cable and grips.. Anxious for a Wed. night ride.

DaveInDenver
08-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes, Art Hog and I did a lazy loop tonight.

euroford
08-30-2012, 08:44 AM
i've been wanting to get up there and try it most of the summer. i could probably pull a week day run too. i'll drop you a message.

awesome. wednesday and fridays are the best for pulling off the weekday ridding, as the lifts run until 7pm.

Caribou Sandstorm
08-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes, Art Hog and I did a lazy loop tonight.

I ended up doing the highline canal with family. Goood stuff.