PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for Camping

bigbluefj
09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Well i was visiting a friend one day and he had this trailer sitting there and i said you should sell it to me and at the time he said no low and behold i had a phone call last week and i bought my self a neat little trailer for some wheeling..

bigbluefj
09-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I think it will be fun with this unit?

nakman
09-17-2010, 08:06 PM
how fun.. what's the wraparound 4" PVC for, is that water storage? or flotation? :eek:

bigbluefj
09-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Water Storage.

Dr. Schlegs
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
That is a nice camper, Kevin. It looks like it would be a lot of fun in on the trails, I like how functional it looks. Nice find. Looks like you have some great country to look at as well.:cheers:

Rock Dog
09-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Nice Kevin,
Looks like that thing has some good ground clearence and a good amount of storage... looks like it is pretty close on the length, but big enough you could sleep at an angle if needed...

Cheers,
Neil.

Caribou Sandstorm
09-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Duude that is a totally awesome find!

I wondered about the PVC pipe also, great idea.. Nice storage too.

Now you have your sleeping quarters for your next drive south of the border!

Rezarf
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Kevin that looks COOL!

It may just be the pics but it looks like you may need to extend the tongue a bit to be able to "jack-knife" it on the trails.

I dig it. I think a hardsided sleeping compartment has some real advantages over a RTT.

nakman
09-18-2010, 01:52 PM
It may just be the pics but it looks like you may need to extend the tongue a bit to be able to "jack-knife" it on the trails.

I agree would be a lot more user friendly if you could open the back while the trailer is hooked up too... if you extend the tongue move it far enough away that you can open your tire swing-out.

bigbluefj
09-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes the tounge is a little short this will the first mod, what would be an ideal length for it? Also should I switch out the hitch on the tounge?

farnhamstj
09-19-2010, 06:02 PM
You will want the tongue weight(weight on the ball) to be 10% of the total weight of the trailer.

Nice score btw.

leiniesred
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
That'sa beaut! I like the re-purposed materials and the ROPS system!

Hulk
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Looks really cool. You even have stereo speakers in the sleeping chamber!

thisGuy
09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Detach it from your ride and walk it away until it looks far enough..

Great catch! I like the 2\3in foam pad that comes with it that's cool.

Good idea, I thought that the PVC was for flotation =D.

Are you gonna clean it before every ride? like bleach or clorox to get the mold out?

bigbluefj
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Will rinse out after each tri p with hot water and cleaner, mostly going to be used for wash water etc...

corsair23
09-20-2010, 11:46 PM
...what would be an ideal length for it? Also should I switch out the hitch on the tounge?

I'm thinking, based on what I don't really know anything about :hill:, that you want at least the length from your receiver tube to the edge of the rear bumper as your tongue length. Think of a "L" shape...

You could park the 80 and roll the camper up perpendicular to the 80 and measure the distance that way as well.

As for switching out the hitch...Depends if you plan to drag it and drop the trailer somewhere before the wheeling starts or if you plan to pull the trailer through the trails. What you have now doesn't really like too much articulation. The scoring on my ball from the popup after getting it into Area BFE @ CM10 tells me I pushed it to the limit just doing that little amount of "wheeling"