PDA

View Full Version : This thing is coming down!

4runner luv
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Anybody seen this ad on Craigslist?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1958681395.html

Think it has come down like $4000 over the past year. Oleg must be getting desperate to unload it. Not a bad deal for kinda a unique rig. If it was solid axled up front, I might be all over it.

74fj40
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
would make a fantastic DD with the IFS... sold axle would get pretty tiring to drive long distances

4runner luv
09-18-2010, 12:00 AM
True dat (I don't really talk like that, but it's funny... to me). I almost wanna go check it out, just to see if it grabs me. Would be weird though, to buy something that custom, that I didn't do any of the customizing... don't know if it would ever feel like MINE. Still, the cool factor, and the sleeper factor, are intriguing. Everyone would think... what you got under the hood, 22r? he, he.

Chris
09-18-2010, 08:27 AM
I've talked to Oleg a couple times about that. If I could sell my 62 tomorrow I'd buy it. FYI, the price was 13,800 when he finished building it way back when and the drop to 8k from 10k was about a week ago. In addition, Oleg's moving out-of-state next week with his family but his brother and shop will still be here.

74fj40
09-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Although you wouldnt of done any of the customization, you KNOW that there was no shortcut taken. Oleg doesn't mess around! he has built some awesome stuff.

Chris
09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Just took a look, pretty disappointing to be honest. For the price and reputation I expected more. Mechanically I imagine is done well but cosmetically very poor. Looks as though it was never quite finished or just a poor follow-through. First thing that caught my eye was a large crack in some thick bondo followed by paint bubbling under the new paint. Interior looks pretty shabby as well. If cosmetics mean nothing, I imagine someone would be very happy with it. After looking it over I had no interest in driving it.

Just as well, now I'm not lusting after it! ;)

Rzeppa
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I just looked and the post on Craigslist has been deleted

Chris
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Yep, he was moving today.

Rzeppa
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Kinda off-topic, but I was just looking at your avatar Chris. Is that the same '62 that I helped you and Barb get your feet wet 4x4ing on Porcupine Rim just a couple years ago? If so, that's quite the morph :eek:

Chris
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
It is the same one Jeff, and yes it's been through some changes. ;)

SROR/AKA 2BAD
09-20-2010, 08:31 AM
It is the same one Jeff, and yes it's been through some changes. ;)

just a few ;)

one of my favorite 60/62s chris

Hulk
09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
In addition, Oleg's moving out-of-state next week with his family but his brother and shop will still be here.

Huh, I didn't know he was moving. Where to? Do you know any of the details?

Chris
09-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Many of the improvements are thanks to you Jim. :thumb:

My truck is listed in the For Sale section of 'Mud. :(

Matt, Oleg's move is something I don't know much about. He pretty much sighed and said the shop will remain here. I'm guessing his health issues have made things very difficult these last few years. When I talked to him about looking at the Runner he told me I could on Saturday but that they're moving on Sunday. His house was a flurry of packing activity when I went to look at the truck.