PDA

View Full Version : Fr 248.1A

plan d
09-19-2010, 09:53 AM
This is my first post here so i apologize if this is the wrong place. Since Argentine Pass is your clubs adopted rd. i'm hoping someone can share some info as to why FR 248.1A has been closed after being in existence for 160 yr.

plan d
09-19-2010, 09:57 AM
sorry, i thought this was the general forum.

wesintl
09-19-2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11276&highlight=248.1

plan d
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Well i guess a big thank you go out to the forest service for obliterating yet another peice of colorado history.

subzali
09-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Which one is 1A? Pretty much all of the Argentine Pass roads that are significant are still open, in my opinion...

There was ample time to comment and get gps files in for all the motorized routes, so you really can't blaim the Forest Service, only yourself. Once you actually work with the Forest Service on some projects then maybe you'd understand, at least the Clear Creek Ranger District of the Arapaho National Forest has been very supportive of keeping motorized routes open.

subzali
09-20-2010, 07:19 AM
By the way all is not lost yet - if you can document good reason to keep it open, whether for historical value or whatever, then we could probably work with Brant and others to see if adjustments can be made to the MVUM maps - he said that the USFS is going to get sued anyway for a lot of the changes that were made, so we might as well add our two cents in while we still can...shoot me a pm if you want to try to make something happen :thumb: