PDA

View Full Version : free freezer

powderpig
09-27-2010, 05:58 PM
OK, we have a 15 cft chest freezer that the wife does not want any more. Yes there is a slight smell, not to bad to me. But the wife want to get rid of it. It is a GE brand made in 10 of 98. Has been working great, keeping stuff frozen except when no power.
You haul, Thanks

Groucho
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I want it!! How soon do you need it gone?

sleeoffroad
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
FYI, when we bought our house we got a free freezer with a slight smell as a "gift" with the house. Use Clorox cleaner in the spray bottle. Does wonders. Spray it down, let it sit for a day then clean.

Groucho
10-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks Robbie. I hope you got to enjoy a barley pop after your hard work at your house. :thumb:

Red_Chili
10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
FYI, when we bought our house we got a free freezer with a slight smell as a "gift" with the house. Use Clorox cleaner in the spray bottle. Does wonders. Spray it down, let it sit for a day then clean.
+1. I do this every year with my game coolers before putting them away, and again before using them the following year. De rigueur. Kinda picky about my meat handling and this works great.

Beware that any exposed ferrous metal, including 'stainless' (who the heck named it that, anyway??) will be subject to rapid rust.

powderpig
10-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Your welcome Nathaniel, I did enjoy the beers last night after a long day on the roof. I only have 2 more long pieces and the metal over the entry. Then the long tedious screwing process. and the ridge pieces. Thanks again for taking that away.

Groucho
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Glad the beers made it better.

I washed and rinsed the freezer and neither I, nor my wife or mother-in-law could smell any off odors. Lucky for me.:D

Thanks again.

DaveInDenver
10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Your welcome Nathaniel, I did enjoy the beers last night after a long day on the roof.
I'm assuming Nathaniel gave you bombers of his current taps. Between the saison and red, which did you like better?