PDA

View Full Version : moab thur 30 thru sunday

ajax
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
so this being my first time to be able to hit some slickrock in moab this time,are there any trails any one would recommend i have been wheeling for the last 7years out here in colo and would say i have good experience...truck is 94 80 on js with 35s and sliders, there will also be 2 jKs on 37s and one more 80 on 315s, he has the least experience so will be looking for somethin with bypasses and very hard lines were thinking
hells revenge
fins and things
top world
poison spider
and eating at some burger thing called Milts
thanks Ryan

Air Randy
09-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Start with Fins & Things as your warm up run to get used to really steep climbs and descents on slickrock. The rest of your choices look OK. Consider adding porcupine rim to the list, fun obstacles and great views.

Hulk
09-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Kane Creek is a lot of fun, too, and will give you a change of scenery.

Milts is delicious. You can stop there on the way back from Fins & Things and from Porcupine Rim.

ajax
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
cool thanks guys i will check out Porcupine rim also im pretty excited, was also thinking of taking the gateway rd back to colo instead of 70 have u guys done it, how long did it take you

DaveInDenver
09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Milt's = YUM!

Going through Gateway will add about 2 hours, maybe 3 if you take US50 and US285 instead of heading up through Grand Junction and I-70. The drive over the La Sals and Paradox Valley are very much worth it, though.

wesintl
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
from moab going home to gunni i used to go thru norwood then to ridgeway. It's a little longer than the i70 route not near as long as going thru gateway but nice and easy and a peaceful drive. You won't have an issue with any of the trails on your list.

Inukshuk
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I've done all that and then some (I think every trail except Moab Rim and Pritchet) in my 80 on 33's. All good fun. Prepare to have your view of the world altered!

Air down more than you think. I usually run about 15 lbs in BFG A/T's. You can do that or less in your larger tires. If you are slipping, its most likey because you need to let out more air. The traction is astonishing.

I also have the CDL button and run most things open diff'd all the way around until its a really steep climb. Traction is that good. I rarely use front lockers because it makes it so difficult to turn on the rock.

Its a real mental game out there....

I'll be passing your way on the way to the San Juan's

Have a great time.

ajax
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
cool thanks guys,wes i think ill go the norwood way thanks for the tip ridgeway only takes me about a hour and 15 to get back to gunny Inukshuk maybe ill see u on the other side, i have sand colored 80 on 35s im nucken pumped