PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Swaybar for '85 4Runner

Tanglefoot
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi,

I parted with my front anti-sway bar years ago to help articulation but I've recently put a pop-up camper on the back and now I can definitely use more sway-control.

Does anyone have a sway bar lying around? I'm not sure if other applications would fit it but I'm willing to try.

Thanks very much,

Eric

kevinT
10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey Eric, I used to have an '85 4Runner and I thought I saw a sway bar in one of my parts piles. It's at my parents house (in HR) - I'll be over there sometime this week and can check for sure. I can bring it back to Aurora if that's easier for you. Let me know if you have a picture of one so I can match it up. -Kevin

Tanglefoot
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Kevin,

That'd be great if you can check if you have one next time you're there. I couldn't find a picture of a Toyota one but here's a set from a Datsun:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/data/3132/159front_sway_bars.JPG

The Toyota just uses a single bar though, with the bushings on the center section to bolt to the frame. It's okay if it doesn't have the end links to go to the axle (like the top bar in the picture). I have slightly taller springs on and I may need to make my own end links out of long bolts. I could come to Aurora.

Thanks,

Eric

kevinT
10-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I think you might be in luck. I'll grab it, snap a pic, and send you a pm later in the week.

Tanglefoot
10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks--appreciate it!