PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 4spd t-case PTO gear or spacer

PhatFJ
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
As the title says, I am looking for a 4spd transfer case PTO gear or a spacer which would go in place of the gear. Anyone have one of these laying around from a gear swap... :)

Thanks, Brian

Rzeppa
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Are you putting a 4-speed into your 1970 FJ40 and keeping your 3 speed t-case? If so, when I did mine, I fabricated a spacer out of a chunk of Sch40 steel pipe I got at the hardware store. I just made it the same length as the thickness of the 3 speed PTO gear. There was another place I ended up needing another spacer and I used more of the pipe. I think that one was at the end of the tranny output shaft to go between the washer/nut and the inside rear output bearing race.

PhatFJ
10-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks Jeff! I am actually trying to complete a 4spd T-case I acquired so it will not be missing any parts.

DanS
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I think I got one snagged for you. All my trucks have (or will soon have) split cases, so the 4 speed T-case is of no use to me. It was surplus from the 3B conversion, and we sold the engine/trans/tcase to a friend for his 40. He kept his 3 speed T-case though, and he was going to give them away this week. So he said he'd pull at least that gear for me (you).

Need anything else? I think he took the shift linkage off of it, but I'm not positive.

I might even be able to get it up from NM later this week too, maybe.

Dan

PhatFJ
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I think I got one snagged for you. All my trucks have (or will soon have) split cases, so the 4 speed T-case is of no use to me. It was surplus from the 3B conversion, and we sold the engine/trans/tcase to a friend for his 40. He kept his 3 speed T-case though, and he was going to give them away this week. So he said he'd pull at least that gear for me (you).

Need anything else? I think he took the shift linkage off of it, but I'm not positive.

I might even be able to get it up from NM later this week too, maybe.

Dan

Thanks Dan!! that would be great!! (Just to make sure, we are talking about either the PTO gear or spacer for a 16 spline input shaft on a 4spd T-case). I do need the main pivot shaft for the manual linkage if you have one.. this is the one that bolts to the tranny and will mount to the Advance Adaptor linkage plate.. This is on a SM465 conversion.. Thanks again!! Let me know what I owe you, I can send a check or PP..

Brian

DanS
10-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Dan!! that would be great!! (Just to make sure, we are talking about either the PTO gear or spacer for a 16 spline input shaft on a 4spd T-case). I do need the main pivot shaft for the manual linkage if you have one.. this is the one that bolts to the tranny and will mount to the Advance Adaptor linkage plate.. This is on a SM465 conversion.. Thanks again!! Let me know what I owe you, I can send a check or PP..

Brian

Yep. It's the PTO gear from a '79 FJ-40 with the original H42.

The main pivot shaft is the one that is horizontal and is screwed into the transmission housing?

Dan

PhatFJ
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Yep. It's the PTO gear from a '79 FJ-40 with the original H42.

The main pivot shaft is the one that is horizontal and is screwed into the transmission housing?

Dan

That's the one. Thanks again for your help!!

Brian

DanS
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
That's the one. Thanks again for your help!!

Brian

Brian:

Gears are found, and are safely in Westminster as I type.

I'll be home tomorrow night (the 29th), and have the 30th/31st off, so I can happily meet up anytime then if you'd like.

Dan

PhatFJ
12-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Good morning Dan, I am actually working up in Westminster today @ Fire station #5. If it will work I can meet you somewhere, maybe buy you lunch.. Let me know...
Cell- seven 2 zero 9 three 9 two four two four

DanS
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Good morning Dan, I am actually working up in Westminster today @ Fire station #5. If it will work I can meet you somewhere, maybe buy you lunch.. Let me know...
Cell- seven 2 zero 9 three 9 two four two four

I'll give you a ring later. I don't get done with work until 6:30 or so.

Dan