PDA

View Full Version : First Sequoia issue

Rezarf
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
We have developed a distinct "clunck" when we bump a curb or compress the suspension at parkling lot speed.

It is coming from the front passenger side and I can't see anything obviously outta' place or boogered up.

What would you check? :thumb:

TIMZTOY
10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Sway bar end links and shocks. Rock the boat baby ! Rock that thing as hard as you can back and forth it might take two big guys to do it properly. And while someone's are rocking look at the links.

treerootCO
10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Does a Sequoia have a panhard? My 80 makes parking lot clunks because the upper mounting hole is an oval now. Easy to duplicate if you have someone jerk the steering wheel left and right as fast as possible and have someone else watch the front end.

AxleIke
10-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Does a Sequoia have a panhard? My 80 makes parking lot clunks because the upper mounting hole is an oval now. Easy to duplicate if you have someone jerk the steering wheel left and right as fast as possible and have someone else watch the front end.

On the rear it would. Front is IFS

TIMZTOY
10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I believe the rear is triangulated 4 link with 2 parallell and 2 triangulated. With a 5th as a panhard.

AxleIke
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
What would you check? :thumb:

Your problem is obvious. You need a land cruiser, not a mall cruiser. Sell the Sequoia and get a 100. Problem solved. :D

Uncle Ben
10-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Your problem is obvious. You need a land cruiser, not a mall cruiser. Sell the Sequoia and get a 100. Problem solved. :D

True Dat!

Rezarf
10-07-2010, 11:51 PM
I was shocked to see everything NOT covered in grime and grit like on my 40... :)

I can't see anything outta' place, but perhaps I can get a few peeping eyes on it tomorrow at NSTBC.

Jacket
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Does that Sequoia have the front coilovers with double A-arms like the Tacomas?

Maybe an old/bad ball joint?

Rezarf
10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Does that Sequoia have the front coilovers with double A-arms like the Tacomas?

Maybe an old/bad ball joint?

I don't know, I didn't see any leaf springs :thumb:

Uncle Ben
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know, I didn't see any leaf springs :thumb:

Could be the bell crank! :rolleyes: :p: :lmao:

Rezarf
10-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, after driving it the past few days I have narrowed down what and when the clunk is happening.

If I pull into a parking spot to the passenger side and the suspension compresses, I get the clunk. It doesn't happen with the steering alone there has to be compression to get it to do it.

Does that make it any more one thing than another?