PDA

View Full Version : Our first cat

subzali
10-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Both Jacki and I grew up as dog people, but figured that in our apartment a cat would be better for now. So yesterday she fell in love with this guy, a 7 year old orange and white tabby from Every Creature Counts. We picked him up at Petsmart. He's super social, and comes right over to us and cuddles and rubs his head against our hands. He's getting used to the apartment now ;)

Dr. Schlegs
10-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Congrats on your newest addition. Sounds like you have a dog in a cat body. :)

Lars
10-09-2010, 07:21 AM
THey are a lot of fun...Enjoy:)

DaveInDenver
10-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Handsome guy!

Good on you for getting an older kitty. We've adopted all of our furry buds and sometimes they have trouble finding homes for the adults. Our black cat (Night) was around 9 when we got him. You might consider a second once he settles in. He'll pick a favorite and when you're watching TV in the winter whichever of you two is left with a cat-less lap will get jealous... :-)

Dr. Schlegs
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Handsome guy!
You might consider a second once he settles in. He'll pick a favorite and when you're watching TV in the winter whichever of you two is left with a cat-less lap will get jealous... :-)

Just make sure your second cat likes the owner of "cat-less lap" lap. :lmao:

Tch2fly
10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I have always thought of myself as a dog person but ended up married to a cat lover. We have 2 and they as much or more fun then the dogs I have had.

:cheers::cheers: on adopting an older cat from a shelter.:thumb:

Hulk
10-09-2010, 05:40 PM
What a good looking kitty!

We have three. Our whole family loves cats.

Uncle Ben
10-09-2010, 05:56 PM
What a good looking kitty!

We have three. Our whole family loves cats.

I love cats too....they taste like chicken! :p: :bolt:

Shark Bait
10-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice! We have three cats, too. You'll be getting another one. :D

nakman
10-09-2010, 08:11 PM
good looking cat there.. we've been catless for a year and a half now, after 10+ years with them.

One of our cats was a big fat orange one like that named Ed.. he was good in the lap but if you wrestled with him he'd draw blood. I miss that cat..

subzali
10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I think he's starting to feel at home: sleeping...

pmccumber
10-10-2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20080221/owning-a-cat-good-for-the-heart

They said in the study they think that is because cats DEMAND to be pet. And then they sit in your lap and purr.

I never wanted one and was angry for two months when my wife brought this one home. I love that little dood. His is outside a lot, even in the winter, but when he's in, he's on somebody's lap.

I'll always have a cat now.