PDA

View Full Version : My barn find

Tch2fly
10-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok, wasn't really that to hard to find since it was in the barn out at the family ranch:D

1983 Yamaha YM225 it was bought new for riding fence lines and stuff but my uncle never really liked it and it got replaced by a more suitable 4 wheeler. Nobody remembers the last time it actually ran :lmao: .

I decided I could use a little project so I hauled it down to my house and started to tear into it. Flat tires, dead battery, throttle siezed you name it. I have never smelled gas that has gone as bad as this gas, my garage stinks something terrible.
With the bad gas the obvious place to start was the fuel system so I pulled the carb and soaked it for a week and did a complete rebuild. New fuel petcock and lines and cleaned out the tank.
If you ever need to clean bad gas out of a tank, buy a quart of acetone and a box of BBs. Dump them in the tank and agitate .... works awesome.

Anyway got it all back together today and it fired right up so I took it for ride :D

Learned a couple things about myself;
1 - I can still rebuild and tune a carb:thumb:
2 - I am getting old and apparently have lost the nerve to ride that thing as fast as it will go :hill:

So if anybody has a teenager that thinks they are bullet proof and your insurance is paid up... I'm probably looking to sell it;)

Uncle Ben
10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Man....does that bring back memories! I had a 175 and a 225 Tri-Motos and I traded them both on a Kowi Tacate 250r. Thats when bones started popping! Man was that a fast way to get hurt!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:....gotta dig up an old pic.....

rover67
10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
i'd take it :)

I miss the three wheeler we grew up with!

Uncle Ben
10-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Found one.......this is my oldest daughter Amy and I in 1989! :lmao::lmao: This was the 225...

Uncle Ben
10-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Great snag Marco! The 225 is a great running tractor with a great top end too!

Mountain Drew
10-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Hey, I'm not sure if you know this dad but I dont exactly live right next to campus and I know in Laramie I could drive that on the road! :D ;) and kill myself the second I to turn!!! :rolleyes:

Tch2fly
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM

PM sent

Found one.......this is my oldest daughter Amy and I in 1989! :lmao::lmao: This was the 225...

Great picture kevin:thumb:

Hey, I'm not sure if you know this dad but I dont exactly live right next to campus and I know in Laramie I could drive that on the road! :D ;) and kill myself the second I to turn!!! :rolleyes: ummmm yeah :rolleyes:

;)

Mendocino
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Mike,

selling this could result in rifle stuff; good news! This take me back as well to my 3 wheeler days. Just use lots of throttle and slide the rear end.:D

Tch2fly
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Mike,

selling this could result in rifle stuff; good news!

That was my thought, get something slightly less dangerous ... like firearms :D

nakman
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM

225? I was going to say 195... man who's the skinny guy on the atc? :eek:

Uncle Ben
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
225? I was going to say 195... man who's the skinny guy on the atc? :eek:

Wondered that myself! Haven'e seen that cute little 1 year old in about 21 years either!

rover67
08-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Bringing up this old thread to say I have the Three Wheeler and am looking to get rid of it. It was fun to play with for a little while but now I need to start clearing the garage for the 40. I have decided to get back on that project. It runs but would need some tinkering.

Let me know. I think I gave Mike $150 for it, I'd take $100 for it from an RS'er. Otherwise it goes on C List to get it outta here. It has a sweet sealed new gel battery that's probably worth at least $100 in it.

Thanks Mike for the opportunity to play with it, it's been fun!

Uncle Ben
08-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Bringing up this old thread to say I have the Three Wheeler and am looking to get rid of it. It was fun to play with for a little while but now I need to start clearing the garage for the 40. I have decided to get back on that project. It runs but would need some tinkering.

Let me know. I think I gave Mike $150 for it, I'd take $100 for it from an RS'er. Otherwise it goes on C List to get it outta here. It has a sweet sealed new gel battery that's probably worth at least $100 in it.

I have no will power......I'll take it! :rolleyes:

corsair23
08-15-2011, 10:49 PM

How much tinkering?

I'm interested...This would be a hoot to have up at the in-laws place but I need to check with them to ok it...Put me down as a definite maybe and I'll let you know tomorrow :)

EDIT: I need to learn to type faster :lmao:

Uncle Ben
08-15-2011, 11:11 PM
How much tinkering?

I'm interested...This would be a hoot to have up at the in-laws place but I need to check with them to ok it...Put me down as a definite maybe and I'll let you know tomorrow :)

EDIT: I need to learn to type faster :lmao:

Jeff, I'll take $150 for it! :lmao::lmao:

rover67
08-15-2011, 11:18 PM
HA! you guys are funny!

OK UB, it's yours :)

corsair23
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Jeff, I'll take $150 for it! :lmao::lmao:

:eek: :lmao:

timmbuck2
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
man I was just looking on CL for a cheap ATV of some kind...been looking at properties in the mountains, would be nice to be able to drive some fence lines instead of walking! :) if anyone has a cheap ATV they want to get rid of, let me know! have fun, UB, and be careful ;)

Uncle Ben
08-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Well I need it like another hole in the head! It has value to me just because I used to have one. The way I see it I bid $100 for it. That is my final bid so Jeff and Timm throw the bones.....;)

corsair23
08-16-2011, 06:03 PM
$101...:lmao:

Nah, you were first in line UB and have a much better chance of getting it running well etc. If you ever sell though, put me first in line - might be fun to have at the in-laws place in Conifer for the kiddos to have fun on :thumb: - then again, maybe not :eek:

Timm can outbid you if he wants

rover67
08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
I just drove it up and down the street.. it actually runs pretty well. Missing a brake lever (left one that doubles with the right foot pedal as the rear brakes so you don't really need it) and missing a head light.

timmbuck2
08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
It is all your UB, I am not one to get in your way! :)

Uncle Ben
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
It is all your UB, I am not one to get in your way! :)

I'll get it.....round up what it's missing and baseline the beast....bust my collarbone and sell it to you for what I have in it....hows that sound? :rolleyes::lmao:

wesintl
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
http://somecontrast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/group-hug.jpg

timmbuck2
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I'll get it.....round up what it's missing and baseline the beast....bust my collarbone and sell it to you for what I have in it....hows that sound? :rolleyes::lmao:

perfect! then I will do the exact same thing and pass it on to the next schmuck. :)

Uncle Ben
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
http://somecontrast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/group-hug.jpg

What is wrong wit chu man? :lmao:

rover67
08-17-2011, 05:52 PM
This thread has become pretty entertaining :)

UB if you want you can grab it any time this weekend. Just gimme a buzz or something. Even if i'm not around you can snag it from the back yard.

Uncle Ben
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
This thread has become pretty entertaining :)

UB if you want you can grab it any time this weekend. Just gimme a buzz or something. Even if i'm not around you can snag it from the back yard.

I have to help my oldest daughters move into their new (to them) house. How soon does it need to be gone?

rover67
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
not that soon, just ready for it to be outta here. if this weekend doesn't work that's OK :)