PDA

View Full Version : One last Argentine Pass cleanup run before the snow?

treerootCO
10-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Subzali mentioned at the last meeting he was thinking about going up for one last cleanup run before the year ends. Snowrun reported that there is a couch in need of removal here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=39.683187,-105.707145). The couch cushions are on the next switchback North of there. I am free Saturday and can probably head up after work with the Duramax to get the couch sometime this week. My only need is a way of disposing the couch once it is in the truck.

MDH33
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Awesome! Glad you guys can do this. I'm away in MN until the 18th but hope you can make this happen. :thumb:

Snowrun
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner? Also most of the stay the trail signs have been pulled off. Other than that the trail looked pretty good.

DaveInDenver
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner?
I usually set stuff I don't want in the alley and it just disappears... Being near a college has advantages.

nuclearlemon
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
LlI'll be at the state quarterly meeting, but thanks for doing thus mike

Hulk
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Take it to the local dump. If there is a fee, RS can reimburse this (within reason).

subzali
10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner? Also most of the stay the trail signs have been pulled off. Other than that the trail looked pretty good.

If you call up the Clear Creek Ranger District they may allow us to drop it off at their dumpster, since we're pulling it off the trail in their district.

The main number is 303-567-3000
Brant's cell number is 303-567-3022

Tell them you're with Rising Sun and they may let us use their dumpster, and they may also give us Stay the Trail posters. I just called Brant and he didn't answer, I'm waiting to hear back from him. For me personally, Friday might work and Sunday morning might work, not really sure yet. Snowrun or Treeroot, do you want to take the lead on this one since I can't commit yet?

treerootCO
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
We are thinking about grabbing the couch after work today and then planning a 2nd trip this weekend as the official run for trash pickup.

Snowrun
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
If you call up the Clear Creek Ranger District they may allow us to drop it off at their dumpster, since we're pulling it off the trail in their district.

Brant's cell number is 303-567-3022

Tell them you're with Rising Sun and they may let us use their dumpster, and they may also give us Stay the Trail posters. I just called Brant and he didn't answer, I'm waiting to hear back from him. For me personally, Friday might work and Sunday morning might work, not really sure yet. Snowrun or Treeroot, do you want to take the lead on this one since I can't commit yet?

Thank for the numbers we will give them a call.

treerootCO
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
ok, it's official if anyone wants to meet up there. Snowruns and I are leaving around 5 today, 10/11, and will be there in an hour depending on traffic.

I tried both numbers and both have the out of hours recording on due to the Federal holiday. I left a voice mail with Brent.

Idaho Springs ranger station - 303-567-2901

nuclearlemon
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
For me personally, Friday might work and Sunday morning might work, not really sure yet. Snowrun or Treeroot, do you want to take the lead on this one since I can't commit yet?

I could do Sunday. Iwas planning on runnng storm mtn with state assoc, but I can change that

treerootCO
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Couch has been removed from Argentine Pass :thumb:. John and I picked up the trail up to the second sign and turned around before it got too dark. The road is fairly clean compared to years past.

Uncle Ben
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Thank you Mike and John!

mudflaper
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
i was there sat. i should have picked it up but had no where to throw it away

Old40Dog
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Mike,

If you still need a place to dump the couch let me know. I have a dumpster available at my office near I-25 & CO Blvd. Just PM me for more info.

I could be there this Saturday or Sunday.

subzali
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank you Mike and John! I haven't heard back from Brant yet, so am not really planning on going up there this Sunday. Plus I have other things going on. I'll keep working to try to make it happen; this month is pretty busy for us.

Old40Dog
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Thank you Mike and John! I haven't heard back from Brant yet, so am not really planning on going up there this Sunday. Plus I have other things going on. I'll keep working to try to make it happen; this month is pretty busy for us.

Let us know when it works....We'll be there in a FLASH!

bh4rnnr
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks Mike!:bowdown::beer:

cbmontgo
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey guys,

I know this post is old, but...

With the Guanella Pass Road closure, were you guys able to go up from the Georgetown side or did you have to take the Bailey side off of 285? Anyone know when the road work is going to be finished up there?

MDH33
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey guys,

I know this post is old, but...

With the Guanella Pass Road closure, were you guys able to go up from the Georgetown side or did you have to take the Bailey side off of 285? Anyone know when the road work is going to be finished up there?

You can reach the Argentine trailhead from the Georgetown side. The closure is several miles beyond that. Guanella pass probably won't open again until next year sometime. You can reach the top of the pass from the Grant side.

I was at the Argentine trailhead last week and there's already some snow accumulating, so plan accordingly for snowy/icy conditions.

cbmontgo
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
You can reach the Argentine trailhead from the Georgetown side. The closure is several miles beyond that. Guanella pass probably won't open again until next year sometime. You can reach the top of the pass from the Grant side.

I was at the Argentine trailhead last week and there's already some snow accumulating, so plan accordingly for snowy/icy conditions.

Good to hear. I don't think I'll get up there this winter, but I sure wish I could. More out of curiousity than anything; that is such a great area.

Thanks for the info.

DaveInDenver
11-14-2010, 08:13 PM

The road is closed at Clear Lake from the Georgetown side. That's only a couple of miles past the trailhead.

It was snowing up at Loveland all weekend and really cold today. Noticed this morning that Georgetown Reservoir is starting to ice up.