PDA

View Full Version : snow at my house

powderpig
10-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Well we are getting our first snow of the year at 7200ft. It has been raining all night here and now at 8:30 it has started snowing. I was wondering when it might snow. This will be good start for finally putting out any hot spots in the burn area. Several firefighters have stated that the burn area needed a good 1 ft dump to get it all out. And in the first 15 min's it has started to cover the ground.
Winter is around the corner.
:eek::D
And I did put money down on some Ski's at Bent gate. Just waiting to test some new binding and boots(NTN stuff) to decide if I want to go that direction or not for tele equipment. :cool::thumb:

Jacket
10-12-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm already imagining what the top of the front range will look like tomorrow morning when the sun is back out. :cool::photo:

coax
10-12-2010, 10:08 AM
woohoo ski season is coming! :)

Hulk
10-12-2010, 11:04 AM
It's raining like crazy down here in the DTC area. Cool that you are getting snow. Glad your roof is done!

Uncle Ben
10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking Friday might be a last Jenny Creek run of the season kinda day!

MountainGoat
10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/mountaingoat/snow.jpg

Yep. Snow. :thumb:

art hog
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
3 inches in Rollinsville, and melting

Caribou Sandstorm
10-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Great to hear you are getting snow!

As for skis...I too pulled the trigger on a pair last month...Then waited a few days before letting the cat out of the bag with my purchase order department..Only to find that she really didn't care and understood I needed a new pair anyway. I found the exact same pair I have for 50% off, blems but I can't find the blem and after one day they will look much worse.

I really want hammer head bindings but might have to wait on that, I have a perfectly good pair of G3s not being used...

Robbie what are you considering for boots?

subzali
10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Scarpa boots and BD O2 bindings :thumb: :)

Actually you really just need to get what fits your foot shape. That's a big deal.

Corbet
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Sunny, clear, blue skies down here today. But I picked up my new Arc'Teryx ski bibs out of lay-away yesterday in the hopes of snow soon.

farnhamstj
10-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Bring on the Snow. I'm thinking about making the switch too. I need new boots, bindings and skis. Now would be a good time to make the move. Hmmm

powderpig
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Scarpa's have always fit my wide feet(3e's) better than the Grammonts. but I have always popped for heat moldable inners as well. So I do not know what is on the market for that. As for binding's, I have been a fan of Rainy superloops then the hammer head, now the design 22 hammer heads.
I looked at the new NTN stuff, releasable and failry heavy compared to the old style toe and hammerhead binding. But it looks like it would put more edge down on the hard stuff than any old style binding. Just do not know if it will be a light set up. The design looks more like a resort set up than BC. So I am opting for waiting until I return from California work trip. That Way I can demo the set up for a couple of days to decide if I want to go with the NTN set up.
I need to see how the insurance will go for the Contents of the out building. I had a ton or two of stuff that has value to me. But maybe not to the insurance company. So far they have been generous to us. I hope it continues.
I will be looking to ski a bit more this season.

RockRunner
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Was at Gary W's house this morning around 8:30 and also got snow. A nice group of elk were bedded down in the meadow covered in snow when I left.

coax
10-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I looked at the new NTN stuff, releasable and failry heavy compared to the old style toe and hammerhead binding. But it looks like it would put more edge down on the hard stuff than any old style binding. Just do not know if it will be a light set up. The design looks more like a resort set up than BC. So I am opting for waiting until I return from California work trip. That Way I can demo the set up for a couple of days to decide if I want to go with the NTN set up.

If you go that route, there is a 100 rebate for purchasing boots/bindings.

http://blog.scarpa.com/?p=132

subzali
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
most boots come with thermo-moldable liners these days. You probably knew that.