PDA

View Full Version : Found: lost 80 series A/C tensioner pulley

theRash
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Got into the hood after hearing the A/C compressor screaming at me. I nonticed my belt is very very loose. I realized that my tensioner pulley no longer exists. Just a spindle where its supposed to be. Must be somewhere on the road by now.

Anyone got as spare or extra?
recomend a used parts place?.... Generic or OEM? Should I go new/refurbished on this sort of thing?

I'll check pricing, that may be the sole criteria that will determine where I go.

nakman
10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Any chance yours is sitting on that skid plate thing? You know the one that catches the wrench you just dropped making it so you can't easily pick the wrench up from the floor? That's where Romer's was, when he thought he lost it..

theRash
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I haven't checked and I hope it is. I'm in my work clothes and will wait until after work to check. --> fingers crossed.

Dr. Schlegs
10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Call Willie at the Yota Yard on Walnut.

theRash
10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Any chance yours is sitting on that skid plate thing? You know the one that catches the wrench you just dropped making it so you can't easily pick the wrench up from the floor? That's where Romer's was, when he thought he lost it..

Nakman, You called it. Found it lodged in the corner of my wrench catching plate was the pulley. Thank you. I am checking to make sure it caught the nut too. does it need to be super tight. (I know this is no longer a wanted thread) I loosened it when figuring out the change fan belt thing. I must not of tightened it sufficiently. Does it need to be super tight? Or is there a lock washer? Maybe I should check the pulley design before I ramble on senselessly.

nakman
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Dude that's awesome!! Man even a blind squirrel is right twice a day... or something like that.

Not sure on the tightness, I'd crank it pretty good then check the FSM... but right on, glad it was there. :beer:

Romer
10-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Nakman, You called it. Found it lodged in the corner of my wrench catching plate was the pulley..

Thats what happened to mine when my AC died on the way to the Rubicon. Found it there in camp and put it back on.