PDA

View Full Version : SNR Pre Run Somewhere in Colorado.....

RedCreeper
10-17-2010, 06:55 PM
First I want to let Nakman that i got home safe. All was good in the woods. So with that message out I will be the first to say i blew up about half maybe a quarter the way down the trail. In my (if there is any) i have been working the last few weeks putting a electric fan and new radiator on it and thought it was tight and was in working order. Sorry gang. Thanks for the fuses and the help today guys. Guess this was to scary for the Heep it POPPED a hose. Good thing i put stainless hoses on it. After the fix it kept blowing fuses. I think the box got wet cause on the way home it was fine. Like any trail ride it is a work in progress. Been wrenching all summer trying to get this thing tight and figured out. Have a few winter projects now like 2 clamps on the hoses. So with that said..... let me have it.... ::eek: lmao: Nakman got PICS of the smoke spewing from Woodstock. I will let him post up when he gets home. Thanks again gang. :cheers:

nakman
10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
glad you made it home Kenny.. I did get a picture but there's not that much smoke, but it's all good glad you made it back.

The rest of the trail was a kick- I forgot about a couple of those tight spaces, it's going to be some fun negotiating in the dark in the big wide wagons.. the cookout spot should be pretty killer though, good parking and lots of tree protection. I'll get a pic up in a minute here...

subzali
10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
...I'll get a pic up in a minute here...

Or not...

;)

Hudo4
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear you made it back okay Kenny! And thanks for leading Nakman, I had a blast and I added to a few extra pinstripes.

nakman
10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok here you go..

RedCreeper
10-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the PIC. I think the box got wet is why it kept blowing fuses. Did well on the way home. When you think about it it puked it all out in the engine bay. I think my ears are still ringing from the POP! I think i will be putting stainless hoses on all my stuff now. Was a easy fix on the trail. Now i have to give it a good bath. Glad you guys had a good time.

SRT08BUS
10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Wish I could have made it but think that I might make the actual run this year.

60wag
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the PIC. I think the box got wet is why it kept blowing fuses. Did well on the way home. When you think about it it puked it all out in the engine bay. I think my ears are still ringing from the POP! I think i will be putting stainless hoses on all my stuff now. Was a easy fix on the trail. Now i have to give it a good bath. Glad you guys had a good time.

It was a coolant hose that blew, right? The radiator cap should limit the pressure for the whole cooling system to a safe level. You shouldn't need stainless braid covered hoses unless something is developing some unusually high pressure (head gasket leak?)

RedCreeper
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
It was a coolant hose that blew, right? The radiator cap should limit the pressure for the whole cooling system to a safe level. You shouldn't need stainless braid covered hoses unless something is developing some unusually high pressure (head gasket leak?)

Yes it was the top or inlet hose. The cap I dont think is one of the better caps that let the pressure out. It came with the radiator so need to invest in a better one. The hoses are not covers they are all stainless hoses. I had to go this route since it is after market application. The bottom hose was way to close to the belts and needed it to bend down more away from it. The ends of the hoses have rubber connections and that is what and where it let loose. My assumption is one of the clamps was not tight enough and coolant dripped on the electric fan control box and blew the fuse. This in turn stopped the fan from cooling the motor and it went. I was about to stop when i seen the guage hit 250 just not fast enough. was hoping the coold dense air would help not knowing the fan was not working. I have used water tight and heat shrunk all the wire connecitons but the box is not. now to goop it up so it dont happen again. It has been a fight all summer to keep this 5.0 cool. I think i have the motor figured out now the trans.