PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy

azcromntic
10-19-2010, 03:43 AM
I am looking to buy the following items at some point in the future

33" tires (or 285's) with at least 50% tread
Lexus LX450 stock rims (could trade back my stock 80 series rims)
1FZ-FE engine low miles or high mileage with rebuild kit
CB Radio with mic hopefully
CB Radio antenna (one that would fit into stock antenna hole would be nice)
Springs for a 2" lift or a body lift kit
Brake lines for a 2" lift
sliders
CD Player

DaveInDenver
10-19-2010, 06:55 AM
When you say 33", I assume you mean for 16" rims? I might have 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T KM if I can save up enough money for a set of BFG A/T tires this winter.

girraffe
10-19-2010, 07:33 AM
have a 1fz-fe but no rebuild kit. hit me up if you're interested

azcromntic
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
When you say 33", I assume you mean for 16" rims? I might have 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T KM if I can save up enough money for a set of BFG A/T tires this winter.

Drats, I'm looking for 16's. Thanks for looking though.

azcromntic
10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
have a 1fz-fe but no rebuild kit. hit me up if you're interested

Yeah, I know you from IH8MUD. I'm still pondering your big mac combo (engine, tranny, transfer). You might want to check that thread; someone thinks they paid for it already. ;)

I would prefer a low mileage engine so I could just swap it in. Of course with yours all I might need is lower end work?

girraffe
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah he did and then filed a dispute with me on paypal. even though ive been asking him where he wants this thing dropped off... anywho, ill keep my eyes out for a low mi motor.

azcromntic
10-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks girraffe. Let me know if he officially backs out (get's his money back) so I know whether or not it's still available.

azcromntic
10-24-2010, 11:45 PM
bump

Chris
10-25-2010, 08:10 AM
I just pulled a 6 CD changer I'll sell if that interests you.

Bikeman
10-25-2010, 09:59 AM
PM sent.

Corbet
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I've got 295/75r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers coming off this week. I'd have to measure but sure they have 50% tread left. Only pulling them to replace with larger tires.

Coming to Durango any time soon?

azcromntic
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I've got 295/75r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers coming off this week. I'd have to measure but sure they have 50% tread left. Only pulling them to replace with larger tires.

Coming to Durango any time soon?

Durnago is a nice area! I won't be coming there anytime soon though. How much are you asking for the grapplers?

Andrew

azcromntic
10-25-2010, 04:24 PM
PM sent.

Sent you a PM back. I have a bunch of stuff to do tonight so I'll call if I get a chance tonight. Otherwise tommorrow. I left my number in the PM also. This could be a good deal for both of us!

azcromntic
10-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I just pulled a 6 CD changer I'll sell if that interests you.

Not really interested in the changer. My CD player only plays CD's if I put the CD in, turn off the engine, start the engine again. Just need the/a CD player. I found one from a Scion on Craig's list for $20. I offered $15 so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for replying though!!

Corbet
10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Durnago is a nice area! I won't be coming there anytime soon though. How much are you asking for the grapplers?

Andrew

I lined up a local buyer today at $400.

Beachboy
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I have a stock black CB antenna that will fit into a regular CB antenna hole. Will you be at the meeting this next week.

azcromntic
10-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I have a stock black CB antenna that will fit into a regular CB antenna hole. Will you be at the meeting this next week.

Meeting? Please tell me more.

Hulk
10-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Meeting? Please tell me more.

Rising Sun monthly meeting info (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5765)
Almost always the first Wednesday of every month (except May).

azcromntic
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Lakewood. Yikes. That's pretty far for this 80 Series. That's like 2/3 tank of gas all together.

I'll consider it. If I had to answer right now it'd be no. Just not the best meeting place for me. Plus, I haven't paid the $$ to be a member.

Corbet
10-28-2010, 08:38 AM
The public is welcome to attend meetings. Its one of the requirements before joining. (1 meeting, 1 event). Attendance to all meetings is not a requirement once someone joins. A group normally meets for dinner pre-meeting and drinks post-meeting.

If you do make the trip up its worth it. I definitely miss regular meetings since moving down to Durango.

Beachboy
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
If you are still interested in the CB antenna, I live in Castle Rock, and will probably be down in Colorado Springs Friday afternoon or Saturday.

azcromntic
10-29-2010, 01:02 AM
If you are still interested in the CB antenna, I live in Castle Rock, and will probably be down in Colorado Springs Friday afternoon or Saturday.

So this antenna you have will fit in the hole that the stock antenna is in and will allow me to run my tuner and cb radio correct? If so then yes, I'm interested. If you haven't said already (I haven't looked back at posts yet) how much are you asking for it?

Andrew
405-338-8322

azcromntic
10-29-2010, 01:35 AM
The public is welcome to attend meetings. Its one of the requirements before joining. (1 meeting, 1 event). Attendance to all meetings is not a requirement once someone joins. A group normally meets for dinner pre-meeting and drinks post-meeting.

If you do make the trip up its worth it. I definitely miss regular meetings since moving down to Durango.

Not trying to be rude here: I hadn't planned on being a member and I'm not sure I want to. I never really gave it much thought. I'll have to investigate more the purpose of membership.

I haven't done much 4-wheeling in my Land Cruiser yet. So far just drove around on some forest service roads when I went Turkey scouting. I've had to do a lot of "baselining" on this vehicle also to give me some peace of mind and that was on the weekends when I could have been "hobbying".

Anyway, the point is, I'm not sure I'd get the most out of a membership that I could. I don't plan on making 4-wheeling my hobby but rather required to 4-wheel to do my hobbies. I bought the Land Cruiser because my family won't fit into a Cherokee and other than the Cherokees it's the only SUV type vehicle with a straight front axle that my family will fit into. In fact it might just be the only other SUV type vehicle with a straight front axle.

I probably don't NEED the straight front axle but since I'll have my family with me I wanted to make sure that the vehicle I did buy is tough. The factory lockers were a bonus even though I'll probably never see terrain that requires their use! I'd rather have them though for one of those days when an unexpected storm comes up or something and then I'd be like "I wish I had lockers to get us outa-here!"

I'll consider it though; it might be just what I need.

Corbet
10-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Not trying to be rude here:

I did not take it that way. Just wanted to let you know we are a friendly group and your welcome to come check out a meeting or event without the pressure of having to join the club.:cheers:

Beachboy
10-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Since you want the antenna to fit into the current antenna hole, what I have will not fit - sorry!

azcromntic
10-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I did not take it that way. Just wanted to let you know we are a friendly group and your welcome to come check out a meeting or event without the pressure of having to join the club.:cheers:

I've noticed that since I bought the Land Cruiser when I see other Land Cruiser owners it's like some sort of immediate friendship. It's really refreshing to know there are still people in the world who can be friendly!

I'm sure not everyone is like that but I've yet to meet the Land Cruiser owner who isn't. I also know it was never like that when I owned any other vehicle.

It kind of reminds me of riding around in the pick-up with my Grandpa out on the farm roads. You waved and/or stopped and talked out the windows. Anyway, thank-you for the invitation and extending the groups friendlyness.

azcromntic
10-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Since you want the antenna to fit into the current antenna hole, what I have will not fit - sorry!

Anyone know of one that will? Or at least one to go over top of the hole of the existing antenna?

Andrew

corsair23
10-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Anyone know of one that will? Or at least one to go over top of the hole of the existing antenna?

Andrew

I don't know of any CB antennas that will fit the antenna hole in an 80...Not without some work to make it look good due to the curve of the fender. Most put their CB antenna elsewhere depending on what type of bumpers (front or rear) they might have etc.

A nice option to consider might be:

http://www.gamiviti.com/html/products_antennamounts.html

Made by one of the friendly guys in our club :D

As for clubs...Since you are in the Springs you might want to consider the CLC down near you - Bunch of nice guys down there too. You don't necessarily have to join, at least not right away...Get to know them, have some wheeling buddies, etc. and then decide what you want to do :thumb:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/

azcromntic
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Okay, well, since my last post I found a CB Radio and an antenna. Doesn't seem to work but it turns on and makes some noises when I transmit so _something_ is happening. I actually bought four CB's (package deal) and am going through them.

Still looking for

33" tires (or 285's) with at least 50% tread
Lexus LX450 stock rims (could trade back my stock 80 series rims)
1FZ-FE engine low miles or high mileage with rebuild kit
Springs for a 2" lift or a body lift kit (850/860 or 850J/863)
Brake lines for a 2" lift
sliders
CD Player

If found a CD player but it's a long way away and the person doesn't have a car right now so if you've got one and you are in the springs let me know. Thanks.