PDA

View Full Version : Refill fire extingushers

thelal
10-26-2010, 11:31 PM
I have several fire extinguishers around the house that are all empty
Anyone know somewhere that I can get them refilled at a reasonable price.

Hulk
10-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Red Comet
2795 South Raritan Street
Englewood, CO 80110
(303) 761 - 2000
http://www.redcomet-adx.com/extinguisher.html

4runner luv
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
This guy (Tony) used to be my landlord. He is a good guy and seems honest. Tell him Shayn sent ya, and... well... probably he will charge more, so nevermind leave that part out.

AFC Services
238 Pine Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970) 221-2255

rover67
10-27-2010, 09:31 AM
I dropped my Halon extinguisher off here and it is currently getting serviced. I used it to put out another car fire on I-70 a few weekends ago. (not my car)

http://issfire.com/

Can't speak for price or really anything yet since I haven't gotten it back. They were nice though. Halon is going to cost $50 a pound, and the service they said was $25. I am not sure how that'd compare to Dry Chemical.

Corbet
10-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Marco, you seem to be attracted to car fires. How did the Halon unit work. I have not had to use mine yet.

rover67
10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
It's the second time I have used that particular extinguisher for a car fire. Worked great. It's a 2.5lb one and had plenty to put out an underhood fire to the point that we could douse it all with water. i think it was a dodge car of some sort, late 90's so lots of plastic and oil everywhere. plastic was burning, oil was burning and brush under the car was catching fire. I probably used less than a 1/4 of the halon in the extinguisher for it, but I was being stingy until the fire dept showed up. I wanted to make sure I had plenty in case they took a while. only frustrating thing was that it didn't work really well upside down, it kept spitting gas instead of liquid out. It was hard to squirt under the low car for that reason, but it did well enough.

I was following Nakman at the time and he continued ahead since there was not a good place to stop and I thought I could deal with it.. I radioed him on the HAM and he made sure fire trucks were on the way.

It was intense, and it was reeeealy nice to know that Tim was always there on the radio.

Corbet
10-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Might have to start calling you "Fire Marshall Bill"