PDA

View Full Version : Fan Clutch & Dash Light Question

Air Randy
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I pulled out the 2 light shields in my dash and replaced the bulbs with 6LED bulbs. The pictures are lousy but it makes a world of difference. I could see the speedo before but nothing else, now I can see all of the gauges clearly.

Does anyone have the little green lens that goes in the light under the dash pad that illuminates the heater controls? I broke mine putting an LED in there, its too bright now.

Also I have a red hub fan clutch out of a FJ60. Do I use the same procedure as for the 80 blue hub units to adjust it and add 10,000 cst oil?

subzali
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Randy, I found that the LED in the dash pad was dimmer than the incandescent to illuminate the heater controls. So keep you incandescent just in case you're not happy with the LED. YMMV

treerootCO
10-28-2010, 08:55 AM
I put this (http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Ffestoonhp_3022-xHP4.htm#photos) in my dash pad but it is a bit on the bright side.

Air Randy
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Randy, I found that the LED in the dash pad was dimmer than the incandescent to illuminate the heater controls. So keep you incandescent just in case you're not happy with the LED. YMMV

I put in the same LED unit treeroot did. The lens in my light mount was broken so there is nothing to diffuse the light and it is WAY bright now. I'll jury rig a red lens up out of an old trailer marker light. The red light will help preserve what little night vision I have left :hill:

isotel
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Randy, i think i have the greed diffuser.. PM me if you want it..

I think ive got that same LED light in mine, I just gave it a little twist so its not pointing straight down, that dimmed it enough!

I kindof like how it lights up the floorboards and shifter!

subzali
10-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I did the Trollhole recommended LED replacement...

...my guess is it's not as bright as the one you put in.