PDA

View Full Version : 1988 4x4 Toyota Van for sale

PatrolMan
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Here is the scoop: 1988 minivan with automatic transmission with push-button overdrive. Push-button 4x4 transfercase with the reliable manual locking hubs. Seats for 7 that also fold flat to create a sleeping area for 2 people. Seats can also be removed for cargo. Sliding door on one side, rear door lifts open. Has front and rear heat, with controls for rear passengers, as well as front and rear AC that likely needs recharged with freon. This is basically a no-frills van. Manual windows, manual locks, AM/FM tape deck, etc. The tires all have LOTS of tread remaining and have plenty of good miles left. Brand new fuel pump and fresh oil change. Starts easy, runs great. Interior is in decent shape with no major tears, holes, or stains.

Has a good amount of rust, but for 23 years old, it surely could be worse. Other than that, the body has no major damage. Don't expect a show stopper, but rather a daily driver, work van, or just a cheap mild offroad winter van. It will need a windshield as it has a minor crack that does cross over to the driver side, making it illegal. Also has a single broken "courtesy" light on the passenger front corner, which is not a violation for a ticket as it isn't a turn signal or parking light. Muffler needs attached to be driven daily. I have the muffler, and if I have time, I may attach it. Otherwise, sold to first person with cash.

Great work rig. Looking to get $1,500.

PatrolMan
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Sale pending. Will post if changes.

PatrolMan
11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Still available. Sale didn't happen. Also, I have an extra lens for the passenger corner that needs to be installed. Included with van.

PatrolMan
12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Reduced to $1,300 FIRM for members!

Recent work since last post:
Replace rear axle pinion seal and change oil
Check antifreeze; good to well below 0 degrees-F
Brakes checked; 25% or so on fronts, 50% or so on rears

RockRunner
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
No center fridge no sale. I used to love those vans but no need anymore. Free bump

Air Randy
12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Why don't you buy it and put a lift kit and those diamond axles under it?:D

RockRunner
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
To much power, would rip those axles apart Another free bump.

PatrolMan
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Muffler fixed. Runs smooth and quiet now.