PDA

View Full Version : Feeler - Full Diesel conversion and ton of spares

BreckBJ44
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
So I have the following that may be for sale. I would prefer to sell as a kit as it would be the perfect setup for anyone that wants to put a turboed 3B into thier 40 or 60.

1981 2B complete engine with 130K miles - small HG leak - ton of backup parts for the 3B below - everything swaps excepts for the block, head and bore specific internals.

unknown (but newer than 1981) 3B engine complete except oil pan and a few fuel lines- running condition with no known issues.

Complete High/OEM+ Quality 3B rebuild kit with liners and set of better-than-stock precups

Additional spare head rebuild/gasket and up kit for 3B

Additional set of injectors (3 sets total)

13bt Manifold and garrett GT2052 turbo kit with all necessary components

Full set of spare relays, for 24v setup.

B series H41 transmission and transfer. Some bearing noise from transfer case. Vacuum front drive but split case so easy to modify or swap with your existing.

16 14.5v glow plugs for superglow system (included in the whole shebang) plus spare relays and glow timers to operate correctly.

EDIC for engine. no jerry rigging a shutoff.

Lots of other small parts needed for conversion or spare...

I'm not sure of price yet but It will be less than if you tried to put this all together yourself. Great kit for going diesel! I have a source for all of the 12v stuff too if you didn't want to run a 24v engine side harness.

Kraig

Rzeppa
11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
That looks like a pretty complete set of parts. As I started into the list I was thinking precups? Check. Then I was thinking H41? Check (BTW, I also have an extra H41 for a B series if anyone's interested). EDIC? Check.

Sweet.

ragman
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I know you want to keep it together....

but I might be interested in the rebuild kit and 24V relays bits for my 1981 BJ42 restoration.

I'll keep an eye out

thanks - dallas

BreckBJ44
11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I'll break apart but won't really sell untill I get most of the major stuff spoken for.

It's a complete setup to build a 3B, turbo it, put a stock h41 behind it and put it in a 40. Plus you get a full spare 2B (all of the same parts except block head and internals) but all brackets and accessories and relays, etc are the same...

Rzeppa
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll break apart but won't really sell untill I get most of the major stuff spoken for.

It's a complete setup to build a 3B, turbo it, put a stock h41 behind it and put it in a 40. Plus you get a full spare 2B (all of the same parts except block head and internals) but all brackets and accessories and relays, etc are the same...

Hmmmm...That would be REALLY nice in my 71 :thumb:

Rzeppa
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Just curious - a BJ40/42 has a monstrous fan shroud between the radiator and the fan - how hard are those to source?

BreckBJ44
11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I may have that too. I am planning on getting my hands on a very rare engine. I may need to setup a custom shroud. Otherwise, the stock one is just a F shroud that is extended back to meet up with the shorter engine...

K

DanS
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Just curious - a BJ40/42 has a monstrous fan shroud between the radiator and the fan - how hard are those to source?

Jeff:

You can just locate the B a few inches further forward (and then an H55f will fit the tranny tunnel with minimal modifications, and clear the crossmember), and then a stock F/2F fan shroud will work just fine.

Fixes two problems (yes I realize this isn't an H55f, but someday, you know...), and if you are making motor mounts anyway...

Dan

Rzeppa
11-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Jeff:

You can just locate the B a few inches further forward (and then an H55f will fit the tranny tunnel with minimal modifications, and clear the crossmember), and then a stock F/2F fan shroud will work just fine.

Fixes two problems (yes I realize this isn't an H55f, but someday, you know...), and if you are making motor mounts anyway...

Dan

I know all about that, but then you have to deal with relocating the e-brake to the rear wheels due to the split t-case for the H55F. I know, I had one on my HZJ75; they use 60 series drums in the rear with the 60 series e-brake setup. Just adds incrementally to what is already a fairly big project.

BreckBJ44
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Ah. My h41 has a split case... BUT! I have a set of 40 axles from a 1981 for sale as well! I need to do my 60 axle swap first, but that will solve your issue.

Rzeppa
11-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Ah. My h41 has a split case... BUT! I have a set of 40 axles from a 1981 for sale as well! I need to do my 60 axle swap first, but that will solve your issue.

LOL! The issue is project creep, and taking on new projects before the works in progress are finished! But Charlotte would like to be an oil burner, she told me so this evening when I discussed this with her.

We all have discussions with our rigs right?

Right?

[sigh]

BreckBJ44
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Mine whispers, but I can hear her clearly...

I'd let the axles go for a steal if I can sell the whole kit above. Great way to relocate the e-brake and you get disk fronts as well!

BreckBJ44
11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I'll keep you up as my engine aspirations develop...

Kraig